Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 01-16-2005, 04:11 PM   #1
sq764
EIG

Eagles/Vikings

Gotta tell ya, Culpepper played exactly as I anticipated... Can't read a defense for shit and almost all his yardage came from screen passes and jump balls.. The 2 interceptions he threw were simply horrible..

I am sure CJ and Valuist will come back and blast this and use excuses like his receivers stink and he had 300 yards and blah blah blah.. But the reality is he looked like a confused little boy out there and is simply overrated.. Love to watch it..

Would ya still take Culpepper over Mcnabb??

Now onto the NFC Champ game and try to win it this time!!
sq764 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-16-2005, 04:36 PM   #2
Valuist

I wouldn't have responded but you dragged my name into so I will: football is a team game. The Vikings gave up too many points. Before today Culpepper went 130 passes without a INT. If you bet the games you'd know its about the team, not the individuals.

I'm happy Culpepper DIDNT have 3 TD passes because I had the under. Thank you Freddie Mitchell, for fumbling the ball before going into the end zone, and then for recovering the on sides kick.
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-16-2005, 05:01 PM   #3
sq764
EIG

They gave up too many points?? The Vikings didn't score enough.. They basically scored 1 touchdown and a cheesy, mean nothing touchdown at the end. How can you win with 7 points?

You don't think throwing 2 horrendous ints while your team is driving kills your team and it's chances?
Old 01-16-2005, 05:04 PM   #4
Valuist

So he threw 2 INTs. He played better than Rothlesberger did yesterday and certainly better than Favre last week.

Bottom line: Minnesota isn't a better team than Philly and didn't figure to beat them anyways.
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-16-2005, 05:07 PM   #5
sq764
EIG

You're finding solice that he played better than a rookie with 13 games under his belt? Now that just shows you have to reach far to find a silver lining..

Face it, he's a loser. He doesn't have the heart, just like Moss..
Old 01-16-2005, 06:47 PM   #6
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

If McNabb played for Minnesota, and Culpepper for the Eagles, it still would have been an Eagles victory. Lot of fluky plays in that game.

Is Manning a "loser" if New England hangs in to win this game? Is McNabb a "loser" if the Falcons beat him next week, or if he loses the Super Bowl?

Where is your Vick bashing?
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-17-2005, 12:30 AM   #7
sq764
EIG

Wow, you went an entire response without dogging Pennington.. Whats up with that??

CJ, tell me honestly.. Who had the better receivers today, Mcnabb or Culpepper?
Old 01-17-2005, 12:32 AM   #8
sq764
EIG

I;ve told you what I think of Vick.. He's a good QB, but also overrated.. If you force him to stay in the pocket, he's vulnerable..

He's massively talented, just like Moss.. But talented doesn't win, you have to execute.. So far this year, Vick has played well enough to win some games.. If they fall behind, he is in deep trouble.. You can't put him in the class of Brady, Manning and Mcnabb..
Old 01-17-2005, 02:50 AM   #9
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

I'd say it was a push on receivers today. An injured Moss, a Marcus "retread" Robinson, and Nate Burleson?

Vick, well enough to win some games? He's already matched McNabb's accomplishment of reaching the NFC title game.

Please, stop putting McNabb and Manning in Brady's class. They aren't there yet. Manning could throw 149 TD passes during the season, he'll still lose to Brady. Think the Colts would like to have that first game of the season back now?
Old 01-17-2005, 03:18 AM   #10
sq764
EIG

You are not objective at all if you think the receivers were equal today.. That's just ridiculous..
Old 01-17-2005, 06:36 AM   #11
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Why is it ridiculous? Moss was limping all over the field. I could have covered that guy. Moss and Burleson are indistinguishable from all the other 2 and 3 receivers in the league.

You avoided my other point...switch QBs, the Eagles still win. Do you agree with that?

I don't have the same opinion of the Colts - Pats game.
Old 01-17-2005, 10:53 AM   #12
sq764
EIG

So you say that Manning and Mcnabb shouldn't be mentioned with brady.. So if you insert Manning and Mcnabb on New England, do they win 2 superbowls still?

So you are not saying Freddie Mitchell was comparable to the Vikings receivers.. Now I have heard it all.. Instead of making excuses for the guy, just once admit that he's just not that good and he blew it.
Old 01-17-2005, 12:18 PM   #13
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

You still haven't answered the question sec...if the QBs swap teams, do the Eagles still win?

As for the New England question, I'd have to say no, I've seen no evidence that either one of them can win a huge game in tough circumstances. The Eagles had the cakewalk of all schedules this year. If they don't win the NFC this year, how are they ever going to win it? I think if Brady is playing for the Colts yesterday, its a totally different game. Manning doesn't shine when the game is the toughest.

I'm saying the receivers on the field for the Eagles yesterday were as good as the Vikings receivers yesterday with Moss being hurt. How am I wrong about that? I don't think you are going to find Nate Burleson and Marcus Robinson in the Pro Bowl any time soon. A healthy Moss makes those guys look a lot better than they really are, and it was proven again yesterday.
Old 01-17-2005, 12:27 PM   #14
sq764
EIG

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
You still haven't answered the question sec...if the QBs swap teams, do the Eagles still win?

As for the New England question, I'd have to say no, I've seen no evidence that either one of them can win a huge game in tough circumstances. The Eagles had the cakewalk of all schedules this year. If they don't win the NFC this year, how are they ever going to win it? I think if Brady is playing for the Colts yesterday, its a totally different game. Manning doesn't shine when the game is the toughest.

I'm saying the receivers on the field for the Eagles yesterday were as good as the Vikings receivers yesterday with Moss being hurt. How am I wrong about that? I don't think you are going to find Nate Burleson and Marcus Robinson in the Pro Bowl any time soon. A healthy Moss makes those guys look a lot better than they really are, and it was proven again yesterday.

So receivers being equal in your mind, it was a simple matter of Mcnabb outplaying Culpepper again.

Let me ask you this.. Of the 3 QBs, who is the best one - Culpepper, Mcnabb, Vick?
Old 01-17-2005, 01:40 PM   #15
Buddha
Aspiring Pace Capper

when did football become just a QB game or a WR game? I thought it took 11 offensive players, 11 defensive players and special teams to win games? McNabb is good, but does that mean he will make a team win? No. Any of the mentioned QBs are good as they are starters on teams in the playoffs, but they themselves didn't get their team there. They had to have help from their teammates. I am sick of seeing this every week of which QB is good, which isnt, which is overrated, etc. Can we all just get over it and watch the games for what they are, and not have to argue at who is the better player. It is a TEAM game.

Now, with that all said, I worked all weekend and didnt get to see any of the games, but I am sick of all the arguing of who is the better player every week.

http://www.myspace.com/j_rod99
Buddha is offline   Reply With Quote Reply