Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 11-20-2004, 12:05 AM   #1
Valuist

Detroit fans

What a bunch of scumbags. The NBA may have some bad apples but this one is the fans fault. I hope they arrest as many of those thugs as they can identify and then press charges.
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-20-2004, 12:30 AM   #2
Dan Montilion

Damn NBA, how dare they interupt and Jerry Springer episode.

Dan Montilion
Dan Montilion is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-20-2004, 01:48 AM   #3
Buddha
Aspiring Pace Capper

What a shame. That was just stupid on the fans parts.

http://www.myspace.com/j_rod99
Buddha is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-20-2004, 03:01 AM   #4
ponyplayer

There will be lawsuits galore...John Edwards probably can't wait to get some work.
ponyplayer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-20-2004, 03:49 AM   #5
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Hmmm...fans acting inappropriately....gee, if I didn't know any better, and I only had sq764 as a buddy, I'd think this kind of thing only happened in NY, specifically at Yankee stadium....lol

Wonder of wonders.....every city has idiotic fans....who knew?
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-20-2004, 10:26 AM   #6
Valuist

Detroit was the first town that I can remember that celebrated a championship with rioting and looting, after the Tigers won the World Series in 1984. Now everyone gets into the act, including Purdue, who had riots after their women's basketball team was eliminated from the Sweet Sixteen. But it all started in Motown.
Old 11-20-2004, 11:08 AM   #7
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

ESPN today says the fights stopped just in time-a hockey game was forming in the corner.
Old 11-20-2004, 08:16 PM   #8
freeneasy

wallace is going to get his tail flamed

thats for sure. i mean he had a right to be angry with his defender, but the way he attacked was vicious and certainly had the appearence of intent to harm and cause injury. the man charged forward with a pretty good head of steam and threw what looked to be something of a two handed cross chop blow to the adams apple. weather wallace knew it or not that first blow that he threw could have easily and i do mean easily caused a life long injury and without getting carried to far away from the truth here it also could have resulted in a death blow.
suspention? you bet. banned from basketball? he could have killed the man, you bet.
Old 11-20-2004, 08:40 PM   #9
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Watch the news for riots here on the Ohio State Campus. After beating Michigan today they are going to go nuts.

They have done it before.........although they hammered some kids last year for rioting. A couple even got jail time.......so who knows.
Old 11-20-2004, 11:50 PM   #10
kenwoodallpromos

Tidbits-

The BBaller who went into the stands is a rapper.
Some higherups are actually not just blaming the fans.
I heard my Warriors and the Clippers got in a big fight also, but no players were able to hit their target. LOL.
kenwoodallpromos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-22-2004, 12:34 AM   #11
Valuist

He's a basketball player who thinks he's a rapper. Just like Shaq and Iverson and the others. I knew Artest would get a sizable suspension but I think it was too much. There's no question he was provoked. Wallace should've gotten a much stiffer suspension. 6 games? He instigated the whole incident. But if one only saw newsclips and not the entire scenario, they are getting a biased opinion. Most of the news clips showed only one fan throwing a beer on Artest; not the chairs and bottles that got thrown at the Pacers (not too mention the shower of beer, pop and food they all got). More and more of these moronic fan incidents are coming up all the time.
Old 11-22-2004, 12:44 AM   #12
Equineer
My FFV At The Wire

Valuist,

Although Artest certainly went berzerk, I too was amazed by the edit job that ESPN did on their coverage of magnitude of fan aggression towards the players.
Old 11-22-2004, 12:52 AM   #13
Valuist

On Friday night, ESPN wasn't holding back. Steven Smith and Greg Anthony were ripping apart the Detroit fans and they showed the full incident. It really wasn't until Saturday that the mainstream media picked it up, showing only what they wanted to. David Stern wields a lot of power; I wouldn't be surprised if he told ESPN to calm down on ripping the fans. Hearing Smith and Anthony on Sportscenter tonight it sounded like somebody giving a coerced confession. It was 180 degrees different from Friday night.
Old 11-22-2004, 09:26 AM   #14
JustRalph
Just another Facist

If you make four million dollars a year and somebody throws a cup of beer on you, do you risk the four milliion by acting like an idiot? It speaks to the lunacy of the NBA players. They are a league of thugs and miscreants. End of story. Only ten percent of them could qualify for basic jobs. Yet the NBA turns them into millionaires. Spoiled millionaires with multiple children born out of wedlock etc. They are a disgrace.
Old 11-22-2004, 09:55 AM   #15
Valuist

Ralph-

So if we see a millionaire its ok for us to throw beer in their face, pelt them with bottles, folding chairs, coins and whatever food we can get our hands on? How about movie stars? I didn't see Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez getting pelted after that terrible movie they made.