Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 09-04-2014, 01:09 AM   #1
iceknight

Nice betting opportunity

With a decent sized field of 11 and multiple graded stakes winners, the Super Derby of 2014 at Louisiana downs promises to be a decent betting opportunity.

Who would you pick?

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-raci...air?source=rss

I dont have the PPs yet but I am favoring Declans Fast Cat as a longshot as he stretches out. Any one else find this race as a wide open affair?
iceknight is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-04-2014, 01:21 AM   #2
letswastemoney

Declan's Fast Cat has no wins at a top tier track. His two wins came at Evangeline. I guess the stretchout might help, although I can't see it.

If I had to pick right now, Jessica's Star.
letswastemoney is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-04-2014, 01:29 AM   #3
iceknight

Quote:
Originally Posted by letswastemoney
Declan's Fast Cat has no wins at a top tier track. His two wins came at Evangeline. I guess the stretchout might help, although I can't see it.

If I had to pick right now, Jessica's Star.
Well, he is my longshot play. Jessica's Star, Vicar's...East Hall . I think they will all be under 7/2
Old 09-04-2014, 02:04 AM   #4
nijinski

I agree the 1 and 4 will get money . I'd like them in exotics with the 2 , 5 and 7 .
nijinski is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-04-2014, 02:07 AM   #5
nijinski

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceknight
With a decent sized field of 11 and multiple graded stakes winners, the Super Derby of 2014 at Louisiana downs promises to be a decent betting opportunity.

Who would you pick?

I dont have the PPs yet but I am favoring Declans Fast Cat as a longshot as he stretches out. Any one else find this race as a wide open affair?
Equibase has the stakes nominations pp's .
Old 09-04-2014, 03:26 AM   #6
iceknight

Quote:
Originally Posted by nijinski
Equibase has the stakes nominations pp's .
Thanks, now I am also giving a close look at Victory Nor Defeat. This is an improving colt and I like the jockey too
Old 09-04-2014, 05:21 PM   #7
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

This is how our Pace Projector and Power Picks looks for the race, nothing too surprising really.

Attached Images
File Type: png LaDerby.png (45.2 KB, 223 views)
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-04-2014, 05:25 PM   #8
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Personally not a fan of East Hall in this spot, I'm looking to get Louies Flower and Ide Be Cool in the exotics at big prices.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-04-2014, 11:21 PM   #9
win1lose2

I will be there all day, gonna post a live thread in the selections sub to let everyone know how the horses look.
Old 09-05-2014, 06:36 AM   #10
Pensacola Pete
Veteran

Ide Be Cool by daylight.
Pensacola Pete is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-06-2014, 06:43 PM   #11
iceknight

Quote:
With a decent sized field of 11 a.......

Quote:
Thanks, now I am also giving a close look at Victory Nor Defeat. This is an improving colt and I like the jockey too
Class trumps others - certainly was NOT a "wide open affair". Well, I am happy with my PS part out of WPS on Declan's paying out decently! I also bet WP on but that was lost money.

But the account is nicely positive for the day

By the way, the odds on jumped from 70-1 at start to 80-1 by the time they were at top of the stretch, the one occasion where I wont complain and note that the ancient toteboard technology competes with the Gulfstream timer!
Old 09-06-2014, 06:49 PM   #12
nijinski

Quote:

Who would you pick?

Nice place price
Old 09-06-2014, 07:34 PM   #13
iceknight

Quote:
Originally Posted by nijinski
Nice place price
Thank you!
Old 09-06-2014, 08:10 PM   #14
zico20

Quote:
Class trumps others - certainly was NOT a "wide open affair". Well, I am happy with my PS part out of WPS on Declan's paying out decently! I also bet WP on but that was lost money.

But the account is nicely positive for the day

By the way, the odds on jumped from 70-1 at start to 80-1 by the time they were at top of the stretch, the one occasion where I wont complain and note that the ancient toteboard technology competes with the Gulfstream timer!
Congratulations on your score! Its too bad you didn't see ahead of time that Vicars in Trouble was clearly the best horse from every angle possible. The exacta was 268.00 and the tri was 1980.80. Your year could have been made with a 20 dollar exacta box plus a 4-9-6 tri box a few times!

Well done
zico20 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-06-2014, 08:49 PM   #15
iceknight

Quote:
Originally Posted by zico20
Congratulations on your score! Its too bad you didn't see ahead of time that Vicars in Trouble was clearly the best horse from every angle possible. The exacta was 268.00 and the tri was 1980.80. Your year could have been made with a 20 dollar exacta box plus a 4-9-6 tri box a few times!

Well done
Thanks, sometimes I play dime supers with a fav on top, but this time I was really hoping the could win as a 2nd favorite and was completely outclassed by ViT. I have had worse tosses (2010 Belmont) where I put the 1, 2 finishers on top of an exacta but did not box them (that was a 900 exacta). But this was still a blind squirrel finding an acorn story, this game is humbling most of the time.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: