Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2017, 03:15 PM   #4156
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
And I suppose you can provide proof to support this absurd assertion.
We could start with the crucifixion of Christ in which the entire world participated -- represented by Jews and Gentiles (Rome).

Secondly, a parent never has to teach his kids how to do wrong. Parents must teach their children how do right -- they teach them right from wrong.

And if you personally loved God, you would live your life in a way to honor and glorify him. You would not be the skeptic you are.

And finally, because the bible supports my thesis.

Food for Thought: If everyone comes into this world loving God, then why did God send a universal flood upon the earth to kill all but eight people?

Food for thought: If everyone comes into this world loving God, then why did God disinherit or disenfranchise the nations in Gen 11 and give those nations over to the worship of astral deities (Deut 4)?
Old 10-18-2017, 03:18 PM   #4157
boxcar

Quote:
You keep asking others for "proof" to back up their opinions...without realizing that you yourself have never provided anything which could even REMOTELY be mistaken as "proof"...for the statements that you have made here. What "proof" have the 11 apostles left behind to suggest that they all saw the "risen Christ" for 40 days after his resurrection? Can you point me to any authentic writings that these apostles left behind?
The 39 books in the NT canon?? Just a wild, crazy guess...
Old 10-18-2017, 03:24 PM   #4158
thaskalos

My neighbor is a Greek Orthodox priest...who no longer speaks to me because of the conversations that he and I used to engage in, in the past. But back when we were still "friends"...I used to ask him why Jesus's disciples wrote nothing themselves about their "miracle-working" master. He told me that these disciples were all peasants...who didn't know how to read or write. And then I would ask him: "When the "Holy Spirit" descended upon the disciples, causing them to speak all the different languages so they could spread the gospel to all the corners of the earth...didn't this cure their "literacy problem".

Come to think of it...I now see why the poor man no longer speaks to me...
Old 10-18-2017, 03:27 PM   #4159
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
The 39 books in the NT canon?? Just a wild, crazy guess...
In the 39 books of the NT canon...there isn't a single indication of who the author really is. The 2 gospels that have been identified as written by someone who actually associated with someone thought to be Jesus...have been declared "heretical" by the Christian Church.
Old 10-18-2017, 03:37 PM   #4160
thaskalos

Quote:
Food for Thought: If everyone comes into this world loving God, then why did God send a universal flood upon the earth to kill all but eight people?
More "food for thought":

If all but those eight people died in this universal flood...then, doesn't this make us descendants of NOAH...instead of descendants of Adam and Eve? I mean...God has already vented his rage against all the other "sinners"...but he SPARED us, RIGHT? Then...why do you fundamentalists still burden us with this apple-eating transgression that Adam and Eve committed?
Old 10-18-2017, 04:21 PM   #4161
boxcar

Quote:
More "food for thought":

If all but those eight people died in this universal flood...then, doesn't this make us descendants of NOAH...instead of descendants of Adam and Eve? I mean...God has already vented his rage against all the other "sinners"...but he SPARED us, RIGHT? Then...why do you fundamentalists still burden us with this apple-eating transgression that Adam and Eve committed?
But weren't the 8 saved in the Flood all descendants of Adam? You are "burdened" with Adam's fall because sin entered the world through him -- not through Noah or his sons or their wives. Read Rom 5:12ff.
Old 10-18-2017, 04:24 PM   #4162
boxcar

Quote:
In the 39 books of the NT canon...there isn't a single indication of who the author really is. The 2 gospels that have been identified as written by someone who actually associated with someone thought to be Jesus...have been declared "heretical" by the Christian Church.
Seriously? You mean the apostle Paul never identified himself as a writer of his own epistles?
Old 10-18-2017, 04:27 PM   #4163
thaskalos

Quote:
Seriously? You mean the apostle Paul never identified himself as a writer of his own epistles?
Paul never saw Jesus...so he doesn't count.
Old 10-18-2017, 04:33 PM   #4164
thaskalos

Quote:
But weren't the 8 saved in the Flood all descendants of Adam? You are "burdened" with Adam's fall because sin entered the world through him -- not through Noah or his sons or their wives. Read Rom 5:12ff.
But we were forgiven for the apple incident...that's why we were saved from the flood. Calvin never taught you that?
Old 10-18-2017, 04:36 PM   #4165
boxcar

Quote:
Paul never saw Jesus...so he doesn't count.
Wrong! Paul did see the risen Jesus! Read 1 Cor 15.
Old 10-18-2017, 04:40 PM   #4166
thaskalos

Quote:
Wrong! Paul did see the risen Jesus! Read 1 Cor 15.
He saw him in his dreams...
Old 10-18-2017, 05:17 PM   #4167
boxcar

Quote:
He saw him in his dreams...
I guess he heard Jesus in his dreams, too, heh (Acts 9 and 22)?
Old 10-18-2017, 05:22 PM   #4168
thaskalos

Quote:
I guess he heard Jesus in his dreams, too, heh (Acts 9 and 22)?
First thing that you've gotten right in this entire thread...and the previous one.
Old 10-18-2017, 05:34 PM   #4169
boxcar

Quote:
First thing that you've gotten right in this entire thread...and the previous one.
That would still put me ahead of you, since you have never gotten anything right in this thread or in the old Religious one. Just sayin'....
Old 10-18-2017, 05:42 PM   #4170
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Acts 26:12-18 New International Version (NIV)

12*“On one of these journeys I was going to Damascus with the authority and commission of the chief priests. 13*About noon, King Agrippa, as I was on the road, I saw a light from heaven, brighter than the sun, blazing around me and my companions. 14*We all fell to the ground, and I heard a voice saying to me in Aramaic,[a] ‘Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me? It is hard for you to kick against the goads.’
15*“Then I asked, ‘Who are you, Lord?’
“ ‘I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting,’ the Lord replied. 16*‘Now get up and stand on your feet. I have appeared to you to appoint you as a servant and as a witness of what you have seen and will see of me. 17*I will rescue you from your own people and from the Gentiles. I am sending you to them 18*to open their eyes and turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, so that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in me.’

Last edited by ReplayRandall; 10-18-2017 at 05:46 PM.
Closed Thread