Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 07-31-2007, 09:57 AM   #1
Ray

Breeders cup tickets???

Anyone know the status of breeders cup tickets? Is it mandatory to have tickets to get in I dont care about having a seat but want tknow what the process of just getting in is like. thanks everyone
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-31-2007, 10:07 AM   #2
OTM Al
intus habes, quem poscis

You must have tickets to get in Saturday, but you can get general admission on friday. Saturday may be sold out already, as Monmouth is a small venue. I've already gotten my confirmation from the initial sale period, so if you want to go, you'd best check in soon
OTM Al is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-31-2007, 10:25 AM   #3
tomcalta

OTM is right. You can't even enter without a ticket and for a ticket you needed to apply online which ended already. I think they are still accepting applications for volunteers, this at least would allow you to ge tinto the track...

I think the volunteer thing is horse sh** anyway, they need free help for an event with an economic impact in the 60 million range? Greedy?
"The capacity to enjoy: so few people have it. Most citizens live lives of such routine and drudgery and are so concerned abut security that they cannot imagine how delicious uncertainty is. A gambler may have as many periods of frustration as he does exhilaration, but at least he knows he's alive." - Andrew Beyer
tomcalta is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-31-2007, 10:33 AM   #4
Ron

I bet a factor in it selling out and having these restrictions is that there are limited options to wager in New Jersey.
Ron is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-31-2007, 12:12 PM   #5
The Judge

Can Buy Them Outside

I have always seen them for sale outside by indiviuals, some for no more then the price they paid. Of course its best to have your own ticket before you get there.
The Judge is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-01-2007, 04:17 PM   #6
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron
I bet a factor in it selling out and having these restrictions is that there are limited options to wager in New Jersey.
I'm not sure how you can consider wagering from home limited....but ok....
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-01-2007, 04:27 PM   #7
bigmack

Brokers have no shortage

bigmack is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-01-2007, 04:28 PM   #8
alysheba88
Veteran

The only limits NJ bettors are faced with involve online betting providers. You can only us njbets. Cant use any other US based online bet provider.

That is certainly annoying, but you do get a wide variety of tracks to bet on.
alysheba88 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-01-2007, 10:16 PM   #9
Zman179
Registered Wacko

Take this as a small warning:

If you go to Monmouth on BC day, dress warmly! That place will be colder than my selections.

No heaters anywhere, an open air facility, and it's near the ocean? During late October? When you get dressed in the morning, pretend that you're going to a Giants football game.
Zman179 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-01-2007, 10:44 PM   #10
Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
I'm not sure how you can consider wagering from home limited....but ok....
I thought home wagering was very limited in NJ.
Ron is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-01-2007, 10:54 PM   #11
peteymyboy

Breeders Cup

If you decide not to freeze your butt off at Monmouth Park you could always go to A.C., Freehold or the Meadowlands to bet.

p.s all of these places are free to get into and parking is free!
peteymyboy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-01-2007, 11:11 PM   #12
JustRalph
Just another Facist

I was talking with someone about this the other day. I am wondering about the Turf racing..............and what happens if they can't run on the turf
Old 08-02-2007, 01:26 AM   #13
rrpic6

What's up with the New Jersey state tax?

A friend of mine was in Atlantic City this past weekend, and hit a dollar super for over $7000. In addition to the 28% Federal Tax, over $200 was taken out for State taxes. Is this the norm in New Jersey?
This seems like price gouging at its best. Will this thievery exist for the Breeder's Cup? I'm making alternate plans now.

RR
rrpic6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-02-2007, 01:43 AM   #14
Ray

thisis starting to become a bigger headache than I was hopeing it would be I live in vegas I think i wll just stay here and get my addmission... form .... program....parking......... beer and food all for free and sit in a giant leather chair with the temp about 71 degrees and only about 3 miles from my house.
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-02-2007, 06:48 AM   #15
Pell Mell
Veteran

Beware of the tellers at Monmouth. There are some old timers there that are the biggest thieves in the world. In past years I had written several letters in addition to complaining to supervisors about the tellers not clearing the machines before you bet.

They would place a bet for themselves, usually a small bet, and it would be added to your ticket total. If you caught them they would just say, sorry about that and give you your money back but if you left the window, TS.

They know that a lot of bettors play a bunch of exotics and some just look at the board and call out bets so don't really know how much they have bet. They always had a bunch of chislers there. Use the betting machines and not the tellers. I'll bet they are drooling at the prospects on BC day.
Pell Mell is offline   Reply With Quote Reply