Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 03-02-2014, 11:21 AM   #46
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan
Yes, he did.
The wall came down, USSR fled Afghanistan, the Iron Curtain lifted.
Must be some late night half-assed comedians missed that decade.
Old 03-02-2014, 11:24 AM   #47
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saratoga_Mike
We're very fortunate to have elected President Obama. From day one in office, he's worked to "reset" our relationship with Russia. We now have an excellent working relationship with Putin and the Russian Federation, allowing for President Obama/Sec of State John Kerry to resolve this matter through diplomatic means.
Diplomacy means Putin will be puttin his troops wherever he wants to be puttin them and Obama and Kerry will talk about it.
Old 03-02-2014, 11:25 AM   #48
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Goren
That is because his elbow isn't as pompous as his ass.
When you mention Putin's ass, are you referring to Obama?
Old 03-02-2014, 11:33 AM   #49
DJofSD
Screw PC

He's not his ass, he's his b*tch.
Old 03-02-2014, 12:33 PM   #50
DJofSD
Screw PC

Chess versus ?

http://www.businessinsider.com/mike-...ine-war-2014-3
Old 03-02-2014, 01:00 PM   #51
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Goren
That is because his elbow isn't as pompous as his ass.
Actually being able to agree on anything is stressful, I understand new engenders well, my wife is a Yankee's fan and we are in NH. She probably should take another look at her team with it's new lineup going forward. Seriously speaking removing the names from the personalities, reaching the pinnacle in politics as a President pompous is a second nature to them all. We are at a time in life that "because I can" ramrods everybody sooner rather than later.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-03-2014, 06:02 PM   #52
DJofSD
Screw PC

According to reports, it appears Putin has drawn his own red line as far as the naval forces surrendering.
Old 03-03-2014, 07:06 PM   #53
JustRalph
Just another Facist

So glad we can count on this guy.........

Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (37.9 KB, 47 views)
JustRalph is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-03-2014, 07:20 PM   #54
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox
According to Wikipedia:

"According to the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ukrainian_Census_(2001)"]2001 Ukrainian population census[/url] 58.5% of the population of Crimea were ethnic Russians and 24.4% were ethnic Ukrainians[8] and the region has the highest share of the followers of Islam in Ukraine.[10]"

If an vote of the citizens of Crimea is held, I suspect that they will vote to side with Russia. No?

That would be my guess anyways.
[b]Do find Putin's aggression toward the Ukrainians 'okay' because most of the Ukrainians are Russian and if given a vote they would side with Mother Russia?

This is a silly example to justify Russia invading a sovereign country based on this (il)logic.

In a few years most of the inhabitants of the great US state of Texas will be of Mexican descent.

Using the same (il)logic, would it then be 'okay' for Mexico to invade Texas? Let them try it.[/quote]

Quote:
I agree with Robert Goren, I don't see the U.S. or N.A.T.O doing much about this land grab. [/size]
NATO and the USA is one entity nowadays. And I do agree we'll do nothing about it because we have a poof in the White House.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-03-2014, 07:42 PM   #55
burnsy
self medicated

who cares? it will likely turn out like our many misadventures........this sort of thing did wonders for them when they invaded Afghanistan ...they did a lot to stop our "invasions"...frankly, I could give a crap but its funny to see the media and political types get their panties in a bunch. Lets save the world.....17 trillion later.......
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-03-2014, 07:42 PM   #56
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless
[b]Do find Putin's aggression toward the Ukrainians 'okay' because most of the Ukrainians are Russian and if given a vote they would side with Mother Russia?

This is a silly example to justify Russia invading a sovereign country based on this (il)logic.

In a few years most of the inhabitants of the great US state of Texas will be of Mexican descent.

Using the same (il)logic, would it then be 'okay' for Mexico to invade Texas? Let them try it.

You bring up an interesting point.

Many of the Russians in Ukraine still identify with RUSSIA. They are not in favor of the recent government developments in the Ukraine. They think it has basically been a US/Euro backed coup designed to eventually bring the Ukraine into the European Union. So they have no problem aligning with Russia.

This is not an unusual phenomenon when immigration into a small area is dominated by a single nationality. Even Canada has periods where they talk about splitting.

About 15 years ago I was at lunch with some co workers. I predicted that eventually southern California, southern Texas, and other areas in the southern US would have more in common with Mexico than the US if trends continued. I said I thought it would eventually cause conflict. They countered that the history of immigration was that people assimilated and it wasn't going to be a problem. They thought I was xenophobic. I countered that immigration in the past in this country was from a multitude of countries spread all over the place and it was easy to eventually assimilate "neighborhoods". It would not be so easy to assimilate huge cities and millions of people concentrated in one area. Right now I still like my bet.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 03-03-2014 at 07:44 PM.
classhandicapper is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-03-2014, 07:55 PM   #57
Tape Reader

I say that President 0bama and Mayor de Blasio team up and make Putin an offer he can’t refuse: They give him the warm water port of Brighton Beach, Brooklyn.
Tape Reader is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-03-2014, 08:12 PM   #58
Greyfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless
Do find Putin's aggression toward the Ukrainians 'okay' because most of the Ukrainians are Russian and if given a vote they would side with Mother Russia?

It may be a silly example, but no sillier than believing that the present group running the Ukraine has constitutional legitimacy.
Let's not forget that Yanukovych, as bad as he was and as allegedly corrupt as he was, was democratically elected by Ukranians.
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-03-2014, 10:33 PM   #59
Robert Fischer
clean money

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper
You bring up an interesting point.

Many of the Russians in Ukraine still identify with RUSSIA. They are not in favor of the recent government developments in the Ukraine. They think it has basically been a US/Euro backed coup designed to...
Maybe they want to force Russia's hand to give up Western Ukraine in order to protect Sevastopal. Who knows...