Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 07-31-2007, 12:55 PM   #1
Horsefan

Nobiz Like Shobiz makes debut on grass in Fourstardave Stakes (Aug. 6)

This horse was my favorite for the Derby, along with Street Sense. Some people have complained that trainer Tagg does not give enough information to the media about what's going on with him. It's hard to be a fan with no info!!! I did see that he worked 7 furlongs in 1:27.06 on the turf course at Oklahoma yesterday. Any Nobiz fans on here?
Horsefan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-31-2007, 01:08 PM   #2
the_fat_man
Veteran

NoCOUNT is probably not even in the top 10 3 year old list these days.

Damn, the plug's stock has fallen.

Good idea to move him over to the turf and have him (try to) beat on some lesser types. Although, this strategy didn't work too well with my other whipping boy, the RUNT (Circular Quay).

Another PLUG exposed (very early on) by the Fat Man

Last edited by the_fat_man; 07-31-2007 at 01:09 PM.
the_fat_man is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-31-2007, 01:37 PM   #3
Horsefan

Oouch!!! That's okay Fat Man, I guess we fans need to see it coming. The how and why would have been nice to know though along the way.

I just saw another list saying that this race is actually on Sunday Aug. 5th, that sounds more likely.
Old 07-31-2007, 01:43 PM   #4
46zilzal
velocitician

fast colt, little stamina
Old 07-31-2007, 01:47 PM   #5
the_fat_man
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsefan
Oouch!!! That's okay Fat Man, I guess we fans need to see it coming. The how and why would have been nice to know though along the way.

I just saw another list saying that this race is actually on Sunday Aug. 5th, that sounds more likely.
You got it along the way, Ace

I've been bashing NoCOunt (and the Runt) since last fall.
Old 07-31-2007, 02:13 PM   #6
Robert Fischer
clean money

Nobiz ran a pretty good race in the Dwyer, AnyGivenSaturday just happened to run a great race.

He is in pretty good form, the questions will be how he handles the surface, how they plan on using his speed, and the level of competition.
Robert Fischer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-31-2007, 02:53 PM   #7
Ron

I'll never understand the point of bashing horses. They can't bash you back.
Ron is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-31-2007, 02:59 PM   #8
tomcalta

why the nick name "no count"? I dont get it...
"The capacity to enjoy: so few people have it. Most citizens live lives of such routine and drudgery and are so concerned abut security that they cannot imagine how delicious uncertainty is. A gambler may have as many periods of frustration as he does exhilaration, but at least he knows he's alive." - Andrew Beyer
tomcalta is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-31-2007, 04:39 PM   #9
point given

It must smart a little, turning down, $7 mil for him by the shiek
point given is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-31-2007, 05:10 PM   #10
Horsefan

I'll never understand the point of bashing horses. They can't bash you back

I feel the same way Ron but I am new here and I don't get too offended easily. One of my friends said that Any Given Saturday's 8th place in the Derby was unavoidable with his awful post position. AGS has beat Street Sense and my friend thinks he may beat Curlin too. Nobiz coming in 2nd put him in company with Street Sense at least.

His owner is 82 years old and says that he is like family. I thought that she turned down more than that for him.

Last edited by Horsefan; 07-31-2007 at 05:11 PM.
Old 08-06-2007, 10:43 PM   #11
Robert Fischer
clean money

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Fischer
Nobiz ran a pretty good race in the Dwyer, AnyGivenSaturday just happened to run a great race.

He is in pretty good form, the questions will be how he handles the surface, how they plan on using his speed, and the level of competition.
Robert Fischer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-06-2007, 11:57 PM   #12
the_fat_man
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsefan
I'll never understand the point of bashing horses. They can't bash you back
Ummm, this isn't a 'game' to some of us. The point is to be able to HONESTLY evaluate these horses. In the case of NoCOunt, I was able to do so very early on and both save myself money (by not betting him) and make some decent money (by betting Scat Daddy a few times against him).
And, unlike many of the experts, TODAY, I realized that NoCount was not necessarily a BET AGAINST on the turf. In other words, he was probably going to beat a (somewhat) suspect field. So I stayed out of the race.

But what does today's result prove, exactly? That a horse so many thought was going to be a main player in the triple crown and potentially a really nice horse is able to beat up on MILERS on the turf? Oh, btw, if Marchiavelly doesn't get blocked in the stretch, NoCOUNT gets run down. Running for a million yesterday and $150k today. Wow, IMPRESSIVE.

Personally, I really could care less about this horse as a 'personality' or his connections. The idea is to be able to formulate OBJECTIVE analyses of the ability of the horses.

Hope that settles it for you.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 08-08-2007 at 01:50 AM. Reason: Fed up with TFM's posting personality disorder.
Old 08-07-2007, 08:32 AM   #13
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

And you cannot do this without bashing horses AND people? Repeatedly?
I don't HF is the 5 year old here.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 08-08-2007 at 01:50 AM. Reason: removed quote
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-07-2007, 10:14 AM   #14
Bubbles
Frontrunner

I was never very high on NoBiz, but he's a good, solid animal who will win his share of graded stakes races. Tagg has been saying he doesn't know where to go from here. If I was him, I'd point him to the G2 Pennsylvania Derby at Philly Park, G3 Jerome Mile at Belmont, and the G3 Pegasus at Monmouth. After that, give him a shot at the G1 Cigar Mile.

There's not much in the way of turf races exclusively for three year olds, but with this schedule, you're giving a gifted animal a very good chance to win three graded stakes races with a schedule that isn't completely rushed (the Jerome and Pegasus are separated by 3 weeks, but he's done that a few times before).
Old 08-07-2007, 11:44 AM   #15
Horsefan

I have also read that Zanjero and Cable Boy will probably run in the Pennsylvania Derby.