Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 02-05-2023, 03:28 AM   #1
Poindexter

Vitamin D and Covid.

Andy C was talking about taking Vitamin D for Covid very early in the pandemic. Dr. Campbell has a video up about it and I have posted the study also for those interested. He is saying that the study shows Vitamin D to be 70% effective in protecting icu and 50% protective in preventing death. Shouldn't be shocking news for anyone here except for Mostpost and 46, but thought I would post it anyhow. Those are pretty impressive numbers and given Covid is still around and that the boosters are not safe or effective, there might actually be a safe and effective alternative. Pfizer doesn't make anything when you buy vitamin D, so I have a hunch we probably will not hear much about this on MSM.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9864223/
Poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-05-2023, 06:22 AM   #2
JustRalph
Just another Facist

The same Doctor who gave me Ivermectin instructed us to load up on Vit D and magnesium.

It was revealed early on that being Vit D deficient was a problem
Old 02-05-2023, 09:18 AM   #3
pandy

The first time I got Covid, in Dec. 2020, it was bad. On the 7th day of having a fever I feinted and my wife was having trouble reviving me so she called an ambulance and I spent a couple of days in the hospital. They ran tests but did not give me any medication. They were using remdesivir at the time but negative reports were coming out about it. I didn't get back to normal for over a month, very weak.

Anyway, I had been taking more than the average dose of Vitamin D all along to try and protect against Covid, plus extra zinc, and have been taking D for many years. Sure, it might help and people should not be deficient in Vitamin D, but I doubt that it's going to create miracles. The doctors told me the best protection is to stay in good shape and they could tell that I exercise almost every day. Although I still got hit badly, worse illness I've ever had. When I was a teenager I had the Hong Kong Flu, and that was also brutal, killed a lot of people.
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-05-2023, 10:03 AM   #4
P.Rosa
Gambler

I tried taking Vitamin D but, Vitamin D supplements (even low dose) give me a serious nose bleed.
Old 02-05-2023, 10:42 AM   #5
proximity

success with magnesium oxide?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
The same Doctor who gave me Ivermectin instructed us to load up on Vit D and magnesium.

It was revealed early on that being Vit D deficient was a problem

fish oil, d3/k2 (mk7), and magnesium is a good night stack for me and a lot of people.

recently i've been sleeping noticeably better with a magnesium oxide capsule that my boss gave me. this seems to go against conventional wisdom about the poor bioavailability of magnesium oxide but i did find one guy on youtube who could explain it:

proximity is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-05-2023, 01:51 PM   #6
AndyC

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandy View Post
The first time I got Covid, in Dec. 2020, it was bad. On the 7th day of having a fever I feinted and my wife was having trouble reviving me so she called an ambulance and I spent a couple of days in the hospital. They ran tests but did not give me any medication. They were using remdesivir at the time but negative reports were coming out about it. I didn't get back to normal for over a month, very weak.

Anyway, I had been taking more than the average dose of Vitamin D all along to try and protect against Covid, plus extra zinc, and have been taking D for many years. Sure, it might help and people should not be deficient in Vitamin D, but I doubt that it's going to create miracles. The doctors told me the best protection is to stay in good shape and they could tell that I exercise almost every day. Although I still got hit badly, worse illness I've ever had. When I was a teenager I had the Hong Kong Flu, and that was also brutal, killed a lot of people.

Did you have your vitamin D levels checked before you got Covid?
Old 02-05-2023, 01:59 PM   #7
46zilzal
velocitician

fishing
Old 02-05-2023, 03:14 PM   #8
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46zilzal View Post
fishing
Studies on the NIH website...don't know what you're talking about when you say fishing
Old 02-05-2023, 04:33 PM   #9
Robert Fischer
clean money

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandy View Post

In the winter Vitamin D deficiency goes up.

I am in the process of finding a well-absorbed D supplement on Amazon.

Zinc is always good for males, and helps some. I take at least 15mg / day

Taurine is relatively cheap, and very good for you. It's best taken along with either Metamucil or a natural form of psyllium husk, because taurine can cause diarrhea at medium doses.
Vitamin C is similar to taurine in both regards and is helped by the Metamucil/psyllium.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: