Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 02-02-2023, 05:16 PM   #61
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
Yes...I am embarrassed to admit that I missed -- or had forgotten -- all of that. But even without seeing all this...I was still able to ascertain that everything is "fucked up". We have to deal with it as best we can, I guess...since that's all we can do.
It's hilarious to watch that video and think these Democrats are all talking as if Trump is in the basement kitchen of the White House cooking up the vaccine himself in a big cauldron.

To this very day they don't dare point any fingers at all towards Big Pharma....

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 02-02-2023 at 05:17 PM.
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-02-2023, 05:18 PM   #62
AndyC

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
There are many people in this world whose family basically excommunicated them because they refused to take the vaccine.

I didn't want to be one of those people...that's why I took it.

Sucks for me I guess.

I have seen the same thing play out in many families but most of that pressure subsided about mid-2022.
Old 02-02-2023, 05:25 PM   #63
Poindexter

A lot of this (Trumps to blame, Bidens to blame...) imo is irrelevant. Saw a video a sometime in the last couple of weeks where Trump was asked about Vaccine safety and he downplayed the potential risk of the vaccine, and starts going on about some people claimed I saved 10's of millions lives with the vaccine. My reaction to that was f*** you Donald Trump. Young people are dying needlessly and you are still playing you silly f***ing games. Here is the link:

https://rumble.com/v2689sc-trump-dis...ions-of-l.html

The problem was that they shut down any talk of treating Covid 2020, deplatformed guys like Mccullough and Kory and many others who were out there saving lives with early treatemnt using long established safe drugs like Hydroxy and Ivermectin and once the Vaccine came out in less a year when these thing take 5 to 6 years minimum to safety test, not to mention covering up the safety risks that Pfizer had in it's own trials (remember the 75 year bs). So Trump is basically bragging in that Video I just posted that he was responsible for the FDA being careless (Personally I think he was played like a fiddle by Fauci). Mccullough was finding huge problems very early in the vaccine rollout. Government didn't care, press didn't care, Donald Trump didn't care, Joe Biden didn't care and with the exception of Ron Johnson all of Congress didn't care . Everyone just assumed the vaccines were safe and effective. A lot of people today just assume the vaccines are safe and effective (See Mostpost's brilliant response to me the other day). Jeff P. posted a video earlier today that should be on every news outlet in the country. Will it be on any? The problem simply put is Pharma has captured our Government agencies with the revolving door between working for government and then making huge money working for Pharma. Pharma owns the msm. Like 75% of evening news revenues comes from Pharma. The crime is that the people who can make a difference, regulatory agencies and the msm and the medical establishment all value their careers and well being at the expense of an huge number of lives. Then of course you have the little f***ing tech nerds deleting out any information that can help saves peoples lives like it is a video game. The ones that care and try to speak out gets squashed by the big propaganda machine. It used to be that it wasn't even legal for Pharma to advertise their products. The decision to change that ultimately led to where we are today and where we might be in a couple of years (things certainly aren't going to get better).
Poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-02-2023, 07:25 PM   #64
thaskalos

Quote:
It's hilarious to watch that video and think these Democrats are all talking as if Trump is in the basement kitchen of the White House cooking up the vaccine himself in a big cauldron.

To this very day they don't dare point any fingers at all towards Big Pharma....
No one in government can point any fingers at all towards Big Pharma...be they Democrats or Republicans. Don't forget that Pfizer and Moderna have, from the very beginning, been granted total immunity from liability in the event that something goes wrong with their vaccines. Our great legal minds have stated that this type of blanket immunity law is very rarely passed in the halls of Congress. You also can't sue the FDA for authorizing the vaccine...nor can you hold your employer accountable if they mandate vaccination as a condition of employment.

The government and Big Pharma are bedfellows in this one.
Old 02-02-2023, 08:18 PM   #65
Jeff P

Location: JCapper Platinum: Kind of like Deep Blue... but for horses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poindexter View Post
A lot of this (Trumps to blame, Bidens to blame...) imo is irrelevant. Saw a video a sometime in the last couple of weeks where Trump was asked about Vaccine safety and he downplayed the potential risk of the vaccine, and starts going on about some people claimed I saved 10's of millions lives with the vaccine. My reaction to that was f*** you Donald Trump. Young people are dying needlessly and you are still playing you silly f***ing games. Here is the link:

https://rumble.com/v2689sc-trump-dis...ions-of-l.html

The problem was that they shut down any talk of treating Covid 2020, deplatformed guys like Mccullough and Kory and many others who were out there saving lives with early treatemnt using long established safe drugs like Hydroxy and Ivermectin and once the Vaccine came out in less a year when these thing take 5 to 6 years minimum to safety test, not to mention covering up the safety risks that Pfizer had in it's own trials (remember the 75 year bs). So Trump is basically bragging in that Video I just posted that he was responsible for the FDA being careless (Personally I think he was played like a fiddle by Fauci). Mccullough was finding huge problems very early in the vaccine rollout. Government didn't care, press didn't care, Donald Trump didn't care, Joe Biden didn't care and with the exception of Ron Johnson all of Congress didn't care . Everyone just assumed the vaccines were safe and effective. A lot of people today just assume the vaccines are safe and effective (See Mostpost's brilliant response to me the other day). Jeff P. posted a video earlier today that should be on every news outlet in the country. Will it be on any? The problem simply put is Pharma has captured our Government agencies with the revolving door between working for government and then making huge money working for Pharma. Pharma owns the msm. Like 75% of evening news revenues comes from Pharma. The crime is that the people who can make a difference, regulatory agencies and the msm and the medical establishment all value their careers and well being at the expense of an huge number of lives. Then of course you have the little f***ing tech nerds deleting out any information that can help saves peoples lives like it is a video game. The ones that care and try to speak out gets squashed by the big propaganda machine. It used to be that it wasn't even legal for Pharma to advertise their products. The decision to change that ultimately led to where we are today and where we might be in a couple of years (things certainly aren't going to get better).
Agree with everything you said. Every word.

I'm going to repost the video I posted earlier.

In addition to the safety signals in the Israeli EMS data the author also mentions that data from other countries replicates the Israeli data.

I'm also going to post a John Campbell video where he mentions an important concept: Consistency in the data.

He talks about safety signals in the Israeli EMS data starting at about the 2:05 mark in the video:
Quote:
The analysis of the EMS cause and diagnostics data from 2019 throughout the first half of 2021 revealed some very concerning signals.

We detected an increase of 25% in the cause with cardiac arrests diagnostics [code] among ages 16 to 39 in the first half of 2021 exactly when the vaccination campaign in Israel was launched.

A smaller increase was also detected in the older ages.

Moreover we also detected a statistically significant temporal correlation between the number of the Pfizer vaccine doses administered to this population and the number of EMS calls with cardiac arrest diagnosis.

Interestingly we did not find any statistically significant correlation with the number of Covid-19 infections during this time.
At about the 4:00 mark in the video:
Quote:
Data from UK, Scotland, and Australia replicate the data from Israel.

Additional data from Israel indicates that in 2021 the EMS circuit in Israel conducted more than 3,000 more resuscitations compared to 2019 which amounts for an increase of 27%.

At about the 5:00 mark in the video:
Quote:
Another study from the Harvard Medical School detected in the blood of children with vaccine induced myocarditis an entire spike which is another indication of the underlying mechanism of harm that in fact has even broader implications about the safety of the vaccine given that the repeated evidence that we have that the mRNA and the lipids are actually penetrating the blood system.

And finally autopsies of people that died closely after they received the vaccine indicates there are a large number of cases. There is strong evidence that the death was caused by vaccine induced myocarditis.

John Campbell | Thurs 26 January, 2023
Excess Deaths in 30 Countries

Starting at about 0.50 mark in the video, Campbell talks about Austin Bradford Hill and the Consistency Factor.

Fyi, Austin Bradford Hill and Richard Doll published a paper in 1950 tying cigarette smoking to lung cancer.

At the time the very idea cigarettes might be dangerous was considered preposterous.

Hill and Doll made the link between smoking and lung cancer after seeing similarities in lung cancer data from all over the world.

Starting at about 0.50 mark in the video:
Quote:
So what they found was if you looked at people that smoked a lot in the States they got more lung cancer.

If you looked at people who smoked a lot in Australia they got more lung cancer.

If you looked at people in Timbuktu who smoked more you got more lung cancer.

There was consistency. Geographical Consistency.

And we're seeing increased deaths, all around the world, in our sophisticated western countries.

Both videos (and hundreds of studies published in medical journals) are showing Geographical Consistency.

I think most people are already connecting the dots.

They should just rip the band aide off now and come clean.

-jp

Last edited by Jeff P; 02-02-2023 at 08:32 PM.
Jeff P is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-03-2023, 05:57 PM   #66
Poindexter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
Let me understand you here. You say that you are not religious...and yet you condemn the "Godless society" that you say this country has become. As a secular person yourself, you are a part of the "very secular" society that you call 'very dangerous'...and yet you no doubt consider yourself to be a responsible, solid citizen. If your secular views haven't made YOU a menace to our society...why can't the OTHER secular people remain equally unaffected? Is there something "special" about YOU?
Okay I finally got a response for you. I am sure you will have some challenges, so I will get to those whatever they may be on Monday or Tuesday. This is what I came up with:

Discussing the word religious is complex and honestly I don’t know enough about a lot of religions to even comment on them. So rather than calling it Christianity or Judaism or Catholicism or anything else, I am going to refer to it as WWG (walk or walking with God). People that WWG especially when given a solid foundation of how to live (thou shall not lie, thou shall not steal, thous shall not murder…..) I believe become better people. Just because I have not chosen that route doesn’t mean I would not benefit from going that route. I am also going to say that like in everything else there is wide spectrum of how people WWG. Some are just fronting and pretending to WWG. Others are trying to WWG, but find a lot of obstacles of life that keep them from doing it effectively. Others are putting in the fight or battle, are legitimate trying to WWG, but it is indeed a battle and there will be times in their life that they are more able to do it than other times. Finally there are the people who are somehow able to do it. They have an inner peace and joy in them. (I believe from his posting that Dave Schwartz may fit in this category-he can correct me if I am wrong) They have a love of God and respect for God and fear of God (and when I... say fear of God, I mean a healthy fear (meaning I want to do the right thing because God is watching and he wants me to do the right thing-not I stole a candy bar, God is going to strike me with lightning).

No matter where people are in their WWG, I believe they are better off than if they ignore God, or believe God doesn’t exist…….A lot of people in their WWG make amazing transformations. I am talking about very bad people being able to keep their tendency to be destructive to society in check and actually become good, productive citizens. I am talking about people with really troubled pasts or major physical disabilities. Could they have achieved similar from reading a Tony Robbins book or years of therapy, I don’t know. Doubt it. I just have seen it and it is impressive. The worst case scenario is they believe in something that doesn’t exist, but they are still benefiting greatly and society is benefiting greatly. My opinion is, if it was not a substantive or real belief they would not have benefited so greatly. That being said this post is not really about whether God is real or not but addressing your question.

So your question is why society suffers when it become so secular. My first response is there is a lot more wisdom in God’s laws then man’s laws. A lot of man’s laws are based off of God’s laws but society is becoming more and more secular and there are powerful, destructive people that seem to get off on screwing up our society. They are creating new laws and decriminalizing old laws that are based on the ideology of the far left and very pro government forces. I don’t know about you but I don’t see a lot of logic in letting pedophiles out after almost no time served (just means that more children out there are going to have their lives and their parents lives destroyed) and releasing serious criminals on bail and giving real softball sentences to people committing serious crimes (which denies justice to the victim and sets someone else to suffer a similar fate as their current victims) and trying to make man subservient to Government (the whole covid fiasco is a perfect illustration of how wrong that can go). I also don’t trust man. I think most people are fairly decent folks trying to get by. They are not my problem. It is the powerful folks that are trying to control everything and imo do not have any moral foundation in their life that pose a great risk to all of us. This has nothing to do with republican or democrat, but I just keep seeing the abuses coming from the left side of the aisle. Like I have said before I am not really a big fan of any of these politicians.

This is just my opinion but lunatics like Soros and Gates and Schwab would not have the power to control leaders in this country if the people in power were WWG. I also think that the people WWG are more likely to discern what really is happening The more people that are in power in this county that are not WWG, the more vulnerable all of us are to very unpleasant consequences.

Which brings me to your last question. Am I special because I am not religious and I am able to go through life without being a really destructive citizen. The answer is of course not. Plenty of atheists throughout time have lived their life similarly. Doesn’t mean that atheism is a good thing, it just means that a lot of people will for the most part try to do the right thing no matter what their beliefs (whether it is because scared to go to jail or because they are committed to their family or they just inherently try to do the right thing). It is the people that do not or cannot that can really benefit themselves and society by WWG. Also we are all not tested. Some live pretty charmed lives. Others live mediocre lives but relative to how others are living in others countries they are doing pretty darn good. Others have lives full of tragedy. Life isn't always fair. Other never really get much opportunity and live lives full of despair. The people with the biggest problems and that are most broken are the ones that are most likely to benefit and/or transform with WWG but as I said above I think all can benefit with WWG.
Old 02-03-2023, 08:38 PM   #67
davew

Quote:
Actually, Tom is right.

Biden, Harris and Andrew Cuomo were the three biggest Democrats at the time saying they didn't trust the vaccine in terms of safety...they didn't change their tune until Trump lost the election.

It's all out there...on video...in 4k
and Pfizer announced it available a day or 2 after the election
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-04-2023, 07:12 AM   #68
Richie

Quote:
Okay I finally got a response for you. I am sure you will have some challenges, so I will get to those whatever they may be on Monday or Tuesday. This is what I came up with:

Discussing the word religious is complex and honestly I don’t know enough about a lot of religions to even comment on them. So rather than calling it Christianity or Judaism or Catholicism or anything else, I am going to refer to it as WWG (walk or walking with God). People that WWG especially when given a solid foundation of how to live (thou shall not lie, thou shall not steal, thous shall not murder…..) I believe become better people. Just because I have not chosen that route doesn’t mean I would not benefit from going that route. I am also going to say that like in everything else there is wide spectrum of how people WWG. Some are just fronting and pretending to WWG. Others are trying to WWG, but find a lot of obstacles of life that keep them from doing it effectively. Others are putting in the fight or battle, are legitimate trying to WWG, but it is indeed a battle and there will be times in their life that they are more able to do it than other times. Finally there are the people who are somehow able to do it. They have an inner peace and joy in them. (I believe from his posting that Dave Schwartz may fit in this category-he can correct me if I am wrong) They have a love of God and respect for God and fear of God (and when I... say fear of God, I mean a healthy fear (meaning I want to do the right thing because God is watching and he wants me to do the right thing-not I stole a candy bar, God is going to strike me with lightning).

No matter where people are in their WWG, I believe they are better off than if they ignore God, or believe God doesn’t exist…….A lot of people in their WWG make amazing transformations. I am talking about very bad people being able to keep their tendency to be destructive to society in check and actually become good, productive citizens. I am talking about people with really troubled pasts or major physical disabilities. Could they have achieved similar from reading a Tony Robbins book or years of therapy, I don’t know. Doubt it. I just have seen it and it is impressive. The worst case scenario is they believe in something that doesn’t exist, but they are still benefiting greatly and society is benefiting greatly. My opinion is, if it was not a substantive or real belief they would not have benefited so greatly. That being said this post is not really about whether God is real or not but addressing your question.

So your question is why society suffers when it become so secular. My first response is there is a lot more wisdom in God’s laws then man’s laws. A lot of man’s laws are based off of God’s laws but society is becoming more and more secular and there are powerful, destructive people that seem to get off on screwing up our society. They are creating new laws and decriminalizing old laws that are based on the ideology of the far left and very pro government forces. I don’t know about you but I don’t see a lot of logic in letting pedophiles out after almost no time served (just means that more children out there are going to have their lives and their parents lives destroyed) and releasing serious criminals on bail and giving real softball sentences to people committing serious crimes (which denies justice to the victim and sets someone else to suffer a similar fate as their current victims) and trying to make man subservient to Government (the whole covid fiasco is a perfect illustration of how wrong that can go). I also don’t trust man. I think most people are fairly decent folks trying to get by. They are not my problem. It is the powerful folks that are trying to control everything and imo do not have any moral foundation in their life that pose a great risk to all of us. This has nothing to do with republican or democrat, but I just keep seeing the abuses coming from the left side of the aisle. Like I have said before I am not really a big fan of any of these politicians.

This is just my opinion but lunatics like Soros and Gates and Schwab would not have the power to control leaders in this country if the people in power were WWG. I also think that the people WWG are more likely to discern what really is happening The more people that are in power in this county that are not WWG, the more vulnerable all of us are to very unpleasant consequences.

Which brings me to your last question. Am I special because I am not religious and I am able to go through life without being a really destructive citizen. The answer is of course not. Plenty of atheists throughout time have lived their life similarly. Doesn’t mean that atheism is a good thing, it just means that a lot of people will for the most part try to do the right thing no matter what their beliefs (whether it is because scared to go to jail or because they are committed to their family or they just inherently try to do the right thing). It is the people that do not or cannot that can really benefit themselves and society by WWG. Also we are all not tested. Some live pretty charmed lives. Others live mediocre lives but relative to how others are living in others countries they are doing pretty darn good. Others have lives full of tragedy. Life isn't always fair. Other never really get much opportunity and live lives full of despair. The people with the biggest problems and that are most broken are the ones that are most likely to benefit and/or transform with WWG but as I said above I think all can benefit with WWG.
very good, you need to join the WWG club, and you are correct, when you do join the club, your life will be infinitely better
Richie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-04-2023, 02:40 PM   #69
thaskalos

Quote:

I appreciate that you took the time to write such a detailed post, and I will repay your thoughtfulness by answering you with a detailed post of my own:

Contrary to what Boxcar keeps accusing me of, I have nothing against "God", nor do I harbor any ill feelings against those who "Walk with Him". It's a free country, and we are free to live however we want, IMO...as long as we don't hurt anyone else in the process. Where I think you and I differ is that you seem concerned with whether or not the "atheist" is a 'good thing' for society, as if any sort of definitive proof could ever be uncovered to support either side of this argument. To me, this opinion is moot because it cannot be sufficiently supported either way...so, I prefer to leave this argument alone and concentrate instead on things that I can substantiate in some sort of provable way.

I feel that my job as a responsible citizen isn't to support questionable causes just because such causes "do good" for society. My job is to uncover the "truth" as much as I can...and to dispel the myth and superstition that I feel has plagued our world for far too long. And I try to do this for myself alone...without any desire to get on my soapbox and try to influence the deep-seated beliefs of anybody else.

I don't believe in the anthropomorphic concept of God that Christianity enbraces and promotes; I think that this is a construct of man, and an indication of how vain man can be. As an ancient Greek philosopher once said..."if the horses ever created a god...then this god would look like a horse". Having said that, though, I must also acknowledge the possibility that I might be wrong about this...and I am prepared to face the afterlife consequences if such indeed is the case. Most of my Christian friends tell me that they too have their doubts about "Father God"...but they feel that it's better to "play it safe" and believe, since this appears to them to be the "safe" option. This is the kindergarten of religion, IMO...and I want no part of it. I live better with myself by knowing that I follow my own path...regardless of where it leads me. I never saw myself as a follower of others.

I don't know for sure whether the religious person is more moral than the atheist...that is beyond my powers of observation. But I do know this: The atheist who conducts himself in a moral way is doing so without the expectation of any sort of heavenly "repayment"...whereas the religious person often does it NOT because he wants to "please God"...but because he fears God's afterlife punishment. Morality doesn't have the same flavor, IMO, if we practice it while seeking some kind of "heavenly reward". In all our earthly actions, it's our MOTIVE that counts, as far as I am concerned...and I must side with the atheist in this one. Live a virtuous life WITHOUT expecting any kind of reward for it...either in this life, or the next. That's the honorable way...IMO.

Last edited by thaskalos; 02-04-2023 at 02:44 PM.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-04-2023, 04:51 PM   #70
Poindexter

Not really a lot to dispute.. You have concerns about major tenets of Christianity and to be honest I do as well. I am trying not to turn this into a religious thread so let’s just say we are not that far apart. Especially when you say your friends have questions about God, but they play it safe. I am no expert on Christianity, but God knows our heart, so really who are they fooling? I will just touch or retouch on a few points and leave it at that. As I said it is a very complex subject and there are plenty far more qualified then myself to elaborate on it.

First off as a father who loves his son you have to relate to the disappointment God (obviously assuming he exists) feels when looking at what our country has become. I am not insinuating it was ever utopia, but the threads on this forum daily are pretty shocking. I really do feel that our country has become a moral cesspool (title of a thread Boxcar created the other day) and that is based off of my morality more so than God’s word (which I am not an expert on). Obviously there is only one truth, whether any of our religions have it covered remains to be seen and we will all find out eventually. Really not pertinent to this discussion. As I mentioned a WWG completes a lot of people. When they truly seek his word and wisdom and try to please him there is a better chance that they continue through life as productive citizens doing more good things than bad, we hope. The person that does not have this moral foundation may also be very good productive citizens, we hope. But without that moral foundation and respect for our Creator, I personally feel they are more vulnerable to poor/questionable or even awful behavior. I believe that despite your religion or lack of it the belief that God is good and cares about all of us and our country (and all people and all countries) and can be counted on far more than man to get us through the tough times (such as covid or even the Biden years for that matter). This imo is a very healthy/beneficial belief system. Obviously there is no way I can prove that or convince you of that. It is jmo. Of course you should also do everything you can to make things better (some people may go the other extreme and lay in bed saying God Make things happen, without trying to do anything on their own). Think of it as wearing mask for Covid (sorry bad analogy-you will get a lot more from reaching out to God than you will get from wearing a mask, but don't tell Mostpost).

I remember after 911 happened, I was working in a very affluent, very liberal neighborhood. These people were scared and they were calling on God. God bless America. Never heard it before never heard it after. I believe people need to be calling on God often whether religious or not. Thanking him for your blessings and praying that he gives you the strength to get you through tough times and the good times (not becoming too cocky or careless or stupid). Not for your after life reward, but out of respect and for guidance assuming your relationship evolves that far. Just like you enjoy or would enjoy hearing your son say "Dad thank you for all that you have done for me and do for me”.
Old 02-04-2023, 05:14 PM   #71
thaskalos

Quote:
Not really a lot to dispute.. You have concerns about major tenets of Christianity and to be honest I do as well. I am trying not to turn this into a religious thread so let’s just say we are not that far apart. Especially when you say your friends have questions about God, but they play it safe. I am no expert on Christianity, but God knows our heart, so really who are they fooling? I will just touch or retouch on a few points and leave it at that. As I said it is a very complex subject and there are plenty far more qualified then myself to elaborate on it.

First off as a father who loves his son you have to relate to the disappointment God (obviously assuming he exists) feels when looking at what our country has become. I am not insinuating it was ever utopia, but the threads on this forum daily are pretty shocking. I really do feel that our country has become a moral cesspool (title of a thread Boxcar created the other day) and that is based off of my morality more so than God’s word (which I am not an expert on). Obviously there is only one truth, whether any of our religions have it covered remains to be seen and we will all find out eventually. Really not pertinent to this discussion. As I mentioned a WWG completes a lot of people. When they truly seek his word and wisdom and try to please him there is a better chance that they continue through life as productive citizens doing more good things than bad, we hope. The person that does not have this moral foundation may also be very good productive citizens, we hope. But without that moral foundation and respect for our Creator, I personally feel they are more vulnerable to poor/questionable or even awful behavior. I believe that despite your religion or lack of it the belief that God is good and cares about all of us and our country (and all people and all countries) and can be counted on far more than man to get us through the tough times (such as covid or even the Biden years for that matter). This imo is a very healthy/beneficial belief system. Obviously there is no way I can prove that or convince you of that. It is jmo. Of course you should also do everything you can to make things better (some people may go the other extreme and lay in bed saying God Make things happen, without trying to do anything on their own). Think of it as wearing mask for Covid (sorry bad analogy-you will get a lot more from reaching out to God than you will get from wearing a mask, but don't tell Mostpost).

I remember after 911 happened, I was working in a very affluent, very liberal neighborhood. These people were scared and they were calling on God. God bless America. Never heard it before never heard it after. I believe people need to be calling on God often whether religious or not. Thanking him for your blessings and praying that he gives you the strength to get you through tough times and the good times (not becoming too cocky or careless or stupid). Not for your after life reward, but out of respect and for guidance assuming your relationship evolves that far. Just like you enjoy or would enjoy hearing your son say "Dad thank you for all that you have done for me and do for me”.
I honestly feel that many call out to God as a habitual spontaneous response, when an unexpected disaster takes place. That's why such calls are not heard before or after the calamitous event. These "God" references are so spontaneous, most people don't even remember making them.

Yes, I have a son whom I love...and I like it when my son thanks me for all that I do for him. But I seriously doubt that I would unleash severe punishment upon him if he turned out to be an "ungrateful" child. That's my main problem with our "Father God".

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: