Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 11-28-2022, 05:10 PM   #91
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
Protein source does not have an impact on muscle strength.

No problem, you didn't say that you were talking football. This link has 10 or more NFL stars which includes Tom Brady but I believe he does eat some meat.

https://www.mediareferee.com/vegan-n...dy-cam-newton/

Here are 19 Vegan bodybuilders, some that look like Arnold.

https://www.greatveganathletes.com/c...-bodybuilders/

I did say cheating has progressed a lot in the decades since body building became a popular sport 50 years ago. All body builders use illegal drugs unless they compete in natural contests, so there results don't count and I would not even trust them to not lie about their diet.

As for your NFL list the most accomplished player is 80+ pounds overweight, probably because he has to take in too many calories to get his protein. Tom Brady is on there, . He did not bench in the combine and neither did Cam Newton, why was that, because they are weaklings for football players. Also Colin Kaepernick is on that list and he stunk after he switched to eating rabbit food.

There are such things as naturals, that won the genetic lottery. That might account for the rare vegetarian defying expectations. I knew one guy who was not fat and had arms so big his football jersey needed the sleeves sliced. He was a running back so you do want their jerseys tight.
That guy never lifted , calisthenics, lots of push ups. I knew another guy who smoked whenever he could, the guy ran a 4.4, no BS, I timed him.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-28-2022, 06:06 PM   #92
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie View Post
Yes, but more importantly, so does GOD

Many will fear death and eternity when it stares you in the face, you may be tough today, but when your laying on your deathbed.....
Yes but I really think that you and I are more needed to focus on our houses and the loved ones in them or our familys eternity, maybe that task is enough.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-28-2022, 06:29 PM   #93
Richie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
Yes but I really think that you and I are more needed to focus on our houses and the loved ones in them or our familys eternity, maybe that task is enough.
i agree, yes it is
Richie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-28-2022, 08:22 PM   #94
chrisl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
I did say cheating has progressed a lot in the decades since body building became a popular sport 50 years ago. All body builders use illegal drugs unless they compete in natural contests, so there results don't count and I would not even trust them to not lie about their diet.

As for your NFL list the most accomplished player is 80+ pounds overweight, probably because he has to take in too many calories to get his protein. Tom Brady is on there, . He did not bench in the combine and neither did Cam Newton, why was that, because they are weaklings for football players. Also Colin Kaepernick is on that list and he stunk after he switched to eating rabbit food.

There are such things as naturals, that won the genetic lottery. That might account for the rare vegetarian defying expectations. I knew one guy who was not fat and had arms so big his football jersey needed the sleeves sliced. He was a running back so you do want their jerseys tight.
That guy never lifted , calisthenics, lots of push ups. I knew another guy who smoked whenever he could, the guy ran a 4.4, no BS, I timed him.
I have met some incredible athletes. Family genetics sure seemed to be the edge.
chrisl is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-28-2022, 08:56 PM   #95
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisl View Post
I have met some incredible athletes. Family genetics sure seemed to be the edge.

The 4.4 smoker had to take the cake, he would also slack when there was any wind sprints to run in practice, and when there was any distance running, forget it, he just made sure no guards or tackles beat him. He never did one rep of leg work in the weight room. At 225 I might have had 10-15 pounds on him and he was maybe an inch taller. I ran my eyeballs out doing sprints, and did extra credit and a bunch of leg reps in the weight room.
I even had a couple friends who were state level sprinters in High School helping me. 4.69 was the fastest I ever ran. I bet 4.4 guy could have been a 4.2 if he applied himself.
Old 11-28-2022, 09:09 PM   #96
chrisl

In High school there was a lot of top athletes who smoked. It sure did not slow them down.
chrisl is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-28-2022, 09:42 PM   #97
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisl View Post
In High school there was a lot of top athletes who smoked. It sure did not slow them down.

This guy was excessive, he would suit up and go behind the free standing weight room and get in one last cigarette before the head coach blew the whistle to hit the practice field. I never saw another person smoke in full football gear less helmet. In High School the only smoking athletes I knew were partaking in hippy lettuce, not cigarettes.