Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2019, 09:22 AM   #10411
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor View Post
Anti-science guy no doubt.
But one who can count.
Old 03-29-2019, 09:47 AM   #10412
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Show Me the Wire View Post
M. Night" Shyamalan is upset. Maybe Actor has e.s.p.?
Missed that.

Huh? A referral to the 6th sense?

Is it "I See Dead People"

Or "I See stupid People?"
Old 03-29-2019, 10:16 AM   #10413
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
What does have to do with mustard seeds growing into mighty oaks?

The Parable of the Mustard Seed is one of the shorter parables of Jesus. It appears in Matthew (13:31–32), Mark (4:30–32), and Luke (13:18–19).

And that is only one of the metaphors I mentioned which alludes to inner transformation. And in this case an attempt to allude to the Kingdom of Heaven, or Kingdom of God

Earlier in John 11...

Jesus is explaining the inner transformation attainable before Lazarus' last days. Hows can Jesus be "the literal resurrection and rebirth of her brother without a metaphor pointing out that transformation may be available NOW.

What does "believeth in me" mean?
Hint:Become like Jesus in practice, not only theory
The Mustard Seed is a parable. The text I quoted in John originally is not a parable, even though you tried to make it into one, and brought the brought the Mustard Seed parable into this conversation as a non sequitur

And Jesus did not travel to Martha's home to give insight into her brother's spirituality before he died. He went there to raise Lazarus from dead. Jesus is the resurrection and life, as such he has all authority over death -- both physical and spiritual. He proved this by raising Lazarus from the dead.

John 11:25
25 Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life; he who believes in Me shall live even if he dies, 26 and everyone who lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this? "
NASB

So, let me explain Jesus' words to you because if you lived forever, you would not figure this out. Since Jesus is God-incarnate, the pre-existent One, the Creator of this very world and everything in it, his divine essence differs not one iota from the Father's in that Jesus is pure existence -- pure life. This is what he meant when he said He is the resurrection and the life. He has all authority (power) over life and death.

When he said, "he who believes in me shall live even if he dies" means that all believers when they die physically will live again -- both spiritually as souls in heaven prior to the General Resurrection at the Parousia, and physically, again, here on this earth after the Second Coming and the Resurrection.

And when Jesus also told Martha, "and everyone who lives and believes in Me shall never die", he meant that everyone who is alive spiritually now -- who has been born again in this life -- who has eternal life right now -- shall never die the Second Death (Rev 2:11; 20:6, etc.). The Second Death will hold no power over God's saints. And...the Second Death is not a physical death. It is eternal spiritual death. All those who die in their sins -- in their natural born state of spiritual death -- that state of death will follow them into eternity into the Lake of Fire (Rev 20:14; 21:8). This is the death that believers will never die.
Old 03-29-2019, 10:18 AM   #10414
boxcar

Quote:
Missed that.

Huh? A referral to the 6th sense?

Is it "I See Dead People"

Or "I See stupid People?"
You should be asking your soul mate Actor that. He claimed there are six senses.
Old 03-29-2019, 10:30 AM   #10415
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar
The Mustard Seed is a parable. The text I quoted in John originally is not a parable, even though you tried to make it into one, and brought the brought the Mustard Seed parable into this conversation as a non sequitur
I did not try to make into a parable. It is separate. You are the one conflating both. Explain the mustard seed parable.

Do we plant Jesus literally? And even if you claimed we somehow did, aren't you speaking metaphorically?

Last edited by hcap; 03-29-2019 at 10:34 AM.
Old 03-29-2019, 10:32 AM   #10416
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
You should be asking your soul mate Actor that. He claimed there are six senses.
Oops, but he made his point.
Old 03-29-2019, 10:37 AM   #10417
boxcar

Quote:
I did not try to make into a parable. It is separate. You are the one conflating both. Explain the mustard seed parable.

Do we plant Jesus literally?
No, no, no...you said Jn 11:25 is nothing more than a teaching dealing with the inner man. EVERYTHING with you is WITHIN.

Last edited by boxcar; 03-29-2019 at 10:39 AM.
Old 03-29-2019, 10:46 AM   #10418
hcap

Quote:
No, no, no...you said Jn 11:25 is nothing more than a teaching dealing with the inner man. EVERYTHING with you is WITHIN.
Quote me. You were the one who brought up Jn 11:25. I was speaking of various metaphors alluding to spiritual transformation, and citing one of the most obvious and most popular Christian one.
Old 03-29-2019, 11:06 AM   #10419
boxcar

Quote:
Oops, but he made his point.
Yeah, he did -- right on top of your head.
Old 03-29-2019, 11:08 AM   #10420
boxcar

Quote:
Quote me. You were the one who brought up Jn 11:25. I was speaking of various metaphors alluding to spiritual transformation, and citing one of the most obvious and most popular Christian one.
See your 10397 and quit already with your phony incredulity.
Old 03-29-2019, 01:57 PM   #10421
hcap

Quote:
See your 10397 and quit already with your phony incredulity.
I was speaking generally. And never said John specifically was a teaching story. ( although many stories in all scriptures from many religions are) I also was making a point replying to your post just before about your ass backwards reverse time theory

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap
How come we can't mentally conceive of never dying as we can mentally go back and forwarder in time?
Quote:
Originally Posted by You
"WE"...you have rodent in your pocket? I can certainly conceive of living and never dying! So, speak for yourself and your flea-infested rat!

John 11:25
25 Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life; he who believes in Me shall live even if he dies, 26 and everyone who lives and believes in Me shall never die...
NASB
So you brought up John 11:25 in response to defending your backwards time pontifications. I then responded to you in my 10397
Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap
Death, rebirth and resurrection are actually within, so none of your typical confusions of the external map for the internal territory applies.

Funny, why can't you mentally conceive of your external images metaphorically as inner truths before any other reversed misconceptions like time?

Last edited by hcap; 03-29-2019 at 02:00 PM.
Old 03-29-2019, 02:27 PM   #10422
hcap

Btw, most of the bible is just nonsense. Neither metaphorical, lacking depth and meaning, or is a teaching stories.

For instance

Numbers 22:21-30 King James Version (KJV)

21 And Balaam rose up in the morning, and saddled his ass, and went with the princes of Moab.

22 And God's anger was kindled because he went: and the angel of the Lord stood in the way for an adversary against him. Now he was riding upon his ass, and his two servants were with him.

23 And the ass saw the angel of the Lord standing in the way, and his sword drawn in his hand: and the ass turned aside out of the way, and went into the field: and Balaam smote the ass, to turn her into the way.

24 But the angel of the Lord stood in a path of the vineyards, a wall being on this side, and a wall on that side.

25 And when the ass saw the angel of the Lord, she thrust herself unto the wall, and crushed Balaam's foot against the wall: and he smote her again.

26 And the angel of the Lord went further, and stood in a narrow place, where was no way to turn either to the right hand or to the left.

27 And when the ass saw the angel of the Lord, she fell down under Balaam: and Balaam's anger was kindled, and he smote the ass with a staff.

28 And the Lord opened the mouth of the ass, and she said unto Balaam, What have I done unto thee, that thou hast smitten me these three times?

29 And Balaam said unto the ass, Because thou hast mocked me: I would there were a sword in mine hand, for now would I kill thee.

30 And the ass said unto Balaam, Am not I thine ass, upon which thou hast ridden ever since I was thine unto this day? was I ever wont to do so unto thee? and he said, Nay.
.................................................. .

Speaking of ass backwards

Last edited by hcap; 03-29-2019 at 02:28 PM.
Old 03-29-2019, 03:46 PM   #10423
hcap

Now some comic relief...

In Christian Circles, the Debate Over Leggings and Female Butts Has Been Raging With Special Urgency
https://slate.com/human-interest/201...me-debate.html

This week, a new skirmish in the leggings war erupted in South Bend, Indiana, where a churchgoer named Maryann White wrote a letter to the editor of the Notre Dame student newspaper after sitting behind a group of young women wearing “very snug-fitting leggings” at a Catholic Mass. White, the mother of four sons, was moved to contemplate the impact of this “unforgiving garment” on the moral development of her sons. “I’ve heard women say that they like leggings because they’re ‘comfortable,’ ” she wrote. “So are pajamas. So is nakedness.”

....The leggings debate takes on a special urgency in Christian circles, where the stakes are not just which pants are flattering, but which pants are godly. Modesty is a virtue named in the New Testament, and lust is a sin. But the Bible unhelpfully does not include original illustrations. Does modesty require covered shoulders? Long skirts? Or just a spirit of not “trying so very hard to look good in all the ways that are so relatively unimportant,” while also, of course, looking traditionally feminine? Meanwhile, huge swaths of mainstream Christian culture are almost indistinguishable aesthetically with mainstream American culture, and even take pains to imitate it. The result is that many young Christian women feel perfectly comfortable wearing leggings, while others see them as not just unflattering but immoral.

Oh Oh!
Old 03-29-2019, 04:41 PM   #10424
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
The sixth sense is hunger, which is triggered by chemical analysis of the blood.
Old 03-29-2019, 05:10 PM   #10425
boxcar

Quote:
I was speaking generally. And never said John specifically was a teaching story. ( although many stories in all scriptures from many religions are) I also was making a point replying to your post just before about your ass backwards reverse time theory

So you brought up John 11:25 in response to defending your backwards time pontifications. I then responded to you in my 10397
Nice confession. So you did say that life,rebirth and resurrection are all "within" which is nonsense. And especially so in the context of the John 11 passage to which you responded with your simple-minded drivel.