Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2019, 09:57 AM   #9826
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor View Post
Yeah? Well ... that's like ... your opinion man.

Yeah? Well ... that's like ... your opinion man.

Go back and read what I posted.

Then rent and watch The Big Lebowski.
My opinion? Really? So you are in serious doubt as to whether any worldview, philosophy or ethical system is valid?

And when did you start talking like some 15 y.o punk teenager? Like. Like. Like. What happened: Did someone lock you out of your normal range of vocabulary?
Old 02-23-2019, 10:19 AM   #9827
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
My opinion? Really? So you are in serious doubt as to whether any worldview, philosophy or ethical system is valid?
See my previous posts about the uncertainty principle.

Quote:
And when did you start talking like some 15 y.o punk teenager? Like. Like. Like. What happened: Did someone lock you out of your normal range of vocabulary?
People who habitually utilize verbose and ostentatious diction are inexcusably odious to my acute sensibilities.
Old 02-23-2019, 10:46 AM   #9828
boxcar

Quote:
See my previous posts about the uncertainty principle.

People who habitually utilize verbose and ostentatious diction are inexcusably odious to my acute sensibilities.
And the "uncertainty principle" is absolutely true?
Old 02-23-2019, 11:00 AM   #9829
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
And the "uncertainty principle" is absolutely true?
Do you think it's absolutely false?
Old 02-23-2019, 11:11 AM   #9830
Ocala Mike

Quote:

And when did you start talking like some 15 y.o punk teenager? Like. Like. Like.

He's channeling "the dude," man - I think he ties this room together nicely, too.
Old 02-23-2019, 11:45 AM   #9831
boxcar

Quote:
Do you think it's absolutely false?
Why don't you answer my question: Is the uncertainty principle absolutely true? Once you answer that, I'll tell you, again, what I think about the principle.
Old 02-23-2019, 11:46 AM   #9832
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocala Mike View Post
He's channeling "the dude," man - I think he ties this room together nicely, too.
Especially when I tie him up in knots.
Old 02-23-2019, 11:47 AM   #9833
hcap

Quote:
Why don't you answer my question: Is the uncertainty principle absolutely true? Once you answer that, I'll tell you, again, what I think about the principle.
What you think about modern physics is inevitably wrong and irrelevant.
Old 02-23-2019, 12:07 PM   #9834
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
What you think about modern physics is inevitably wrong and irrelevant.
Really? Then you answer the question, Mr. Know-it-All: Is the uncertainty principle absolutely true?
Old 02-23-2019, 01:06 PM   #9835
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Why don't you answer my question:
I did answer your question. Think about it.
Old 02-23-2019, 01:17 PM   #9836
boxcar

Quote:
I did answer your question. Think about it.
You don't answer a question with a question. Are you so crooked that you can't give a straight answer?

As it is written, "What is crooked cannot be straightened" (Eccl 1:15).
Old 02-23-2019, 03:50 PM   #9837
hcap

Quote:
Really? Then you answer the question, Mr. Know-it-All: Is the uncertainty principle absolutely true?
I am not sure about you either
Old 02-23-2019, 04:13 PM   #9838
Light
Veteran

Quote:
And I don't judge anyone. When I tell you guys that you will die in your sins unless you repent and believe the gospel, I am only echoing Jesus' sentiments:
Mr. Boxcar, I've known Jesus PERSONALLY since I was 6yo when he performed a miracle for me that would spin your stupid little head and he has done others for me throughout my life. I know Jesus in my Heart, not theoretically like you from a book. But from day to day life. And I can tell you he says your ways are NOT Christian because they have no love behind them,period. It is a pre requisite for any action you take in the name of God and Jesus to come from love in your heart. Otherwise, you are doing a disservice to God and Jesus. If you had love in your heart in the first place, you would never ever had said that to me or Hcap. It proves you have hate in your heart. This is why your ways are not Christian. This is the message from Jesus, through me, to you. No Biblical quote required. Jesus works in REAL time. .
Old 02-23-2019, 05:09 PM   #9839
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
Mr. Boxcar, I've known Jesus PERSONALLY since I was 6yo when he performed a miracle for me that would spin your stupid little head and he has done others for me throughout my life. I know Jesus in my Heart, not theoretically like you from a book. But from day to day life. And I can tell you he says your ways are NOT Christian because they have no love behind them,period. It is a pre requisite for any action you take in the name of God and Jesus to come from love in your heart. Otherwise, you are doing a disservice to God and Jesus. If you had love in your heart in the first place, you would never ever had said that to me or Hcap. It proves you have hate in your heart. This is why your ways are not Christian. This is the message from Jesus, through me, to you. No Biblical quote required. Jesus works in REAL time. .
And what he works in real time and what He has said in his holy Word are never contradictory.

So, tell me...how is sharing the gospel (which includes good and bad news!!!) not loving? Jesus told people that that it would be more tolerable for Sodom and Gomorrah in the day judgment than for them. And he also told people that if they didn't believe on him (in the biblical sense) that they would die in their sins, etc.

Was Jesus "loving" when he indicted his enemies the Pharisees, Sadducees and Scribes by calling them hypocrites, blind guides,, whitewashed tombs, serpents,a brood of vipers and sons of the devil?

Was Jesus "loving" when he told people that the wrath of God currently abides upon all unbelievers?

Was Paul "loving" when he penned his scathing indictment against the entire world in Romans 3?

Was Jesus "loving" when he twice overturned tables and drove out the moneychangers from his Father's temple with a scourge of cords?

Look at your own hypocrisy. You have no qualms appealing to scriptures that tickle your ears one minute, but then turn right around and denigrate the book from which you just quoted!

I solemnly warn you again: It is only those who actually believe God -- who believe his truth -- who will enter the kingdom of heaven. Satan has blinded your mind which is why you refuse to believe the truth and be saved!

2 Thess 2:9-12
9 The coming of the lawless one will be in accordance with the work of Satan displayed in all kinds of counterfeit miracles, signs and wonders, 10 and in every sort of evil that deceives those who are perishing. They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. 11 For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie 12 and so that all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness.
NIV

And,

2 Cor 4:3-5
3 And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing, 4 in whose case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelieving, that they might not see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.
NASB

The only "truth" you believe in are you own personal and subjective feelings and experiences. You are the object of your own faith! If you really knew Jesus in a personal way, you would keep his commands, which you do not!

And do you hear voices of Jesus in your head that tell you that I'm not a disciple of His? How often do you hear His voice? Have you seen Him, as well?

Last edited by boxcar; 02-23-2019 at 05:13 PM.
Old 02-23-2019, 05:17 PM   #9840
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
I am not sure about you either
Just like you're not sure where the Present is either relative to the Past and Future in your inane arrow of time theory.

You and Actor are two peas in a pod; for neither one of you are able to give a straight answer to a straigthforward question. The two big science brains in this thread...