Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2017, 12:01 AM   #151
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalvOnHorseracing View Post
An atheist is a person who disbelieves or lacks belief in the existence of God or gods.

Now, convince me you don't fit that definition.
In order for me to believe or disbelieve, one MUST first provide a definition of WHAT GOD IS...No one can do this, because it is impossible to render a description of an immateriality....

One might say that god is "spirit"...Now what exactly is "spirit"..?

"Spirit" might as well be "Bncwebecsdugb" because there is no one to one correspondence here at all, to anything in the real world...it does not make sense to be "a" (meaning "not) "Bncwebecsdugb"....

One cannot be an "a-"Bncwebecsdugb"....an "abncwebecsdugb"....it is just nonsense....

Please provide a testable and provable definition of god, and you might make a believer or disbeliever of me....

Last edited by VigorsTheGrey; 03-06-2017 at 12:06 AM.
Old 03-06-2017, 12:32 AM   #152
Light
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VigorsTheGrey View Post
I am, however, a student of philosophy and religion, including the mystery schools, and arcane and secret knowledge...I enjoy learning about all these areas including Judaism...
You should become a student of yourself. All answers are within. At least the ones that matter directly in your life. External information from books and philosophy is fine and can be enjoyable. But growth and awareness come from within and those books cannot do it for you. We think there isn't much within. But that's because we have his barrier called ego that guards our inner kingdom of Heaven.
Old 03-06-2017, 12:40 AM   #153
LottaKash

Quote:
I am, however, a student of philosophy and religion, including the mystery schools, and arcane and secret knowledge...I enjoy learning about all these areas including Judaism...
ecclesiates 12: 8-14
8 ¶ Vanity of vanities, saith the preacher; all is vanity. 9 And moreover, because the preacher was wise, he still taught the people knowledge; yea, he gave good heed, and sought out, and set in order many proverbs. 10 The preacher sought to find out acceptable words: and that which was written was upright, even words of truth. 11 The words of the wise are as goads, and as nails fastened by the masters of assemblies, which are given from one shepherd. 12 And further, by these, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh.13 ¶ Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man. 14 For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.
Old 03-06-2017, 12:47 AM   #154
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LottaKash View Post
ecclesiates 12: 8-14
8 ¶ Vanity of vanities, saith the preacher; all is vanity. 9 And moreover, because the preacher was wise, he still taught the people knowledge; yea, he gave good heed, and sought out, and set in order many proverbs. 10 The preacher sought to find out acceptable words: and that which was written was upright, even words of truth. 11 The words of the wise are as goads, and as nails fastened by the masters of assemblies, which are given from one shepherd. 12 And further, by these, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh.13 ¶ Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man. 14 For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.
When you can give me a clear, correct, concise, and complete definition of what God is, then and only then, might I begin to even understand why in the world I should fear such a beast...
Old 03-06-2017, 12:54 AM   #155
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalvOnHorseracing View Post
Right, but in either case that makes you atheistic. Hence, either test (disbelieve or lacks belief) qualifies you.
There is a widely accepted label called "agnostic"...whereby you are allowed to profess your religious "doubts" without fully denying the existence of a "divine being". From what I've read...the "atheist" proclaims that there is no God...while the "agnostic" declares that he reserves judgement on the matter until sufficient "proof" comes along.
Old 03-06-2017, 12:56 AM   #156
LottaKash

Quote:
When you can give me a clear, correct, concise, and complete definition of what God is, then and only then, might I begin to even understand why in the world I should fear such a beast...
Proverbs 1:24-33
24 ¶ Because I have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded; 25 But ye have set at nought all my counsel, and would none of my reproof: 26 I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh; 27 When your fear cometh as desolation, and your destruction cometh as a whirlwind; when distress and anguish cometh upon you. 28 Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me: 29 For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the LORD: 30 They would none of my counsel: they despised all my reproof. 31 Therefore shall they eat of the fruit of their own way, and be filled with their own devices. 32 For the turning away of the simple shall slay them, and the prosperity of fools shall destroy them. 33 But whoso hearkeneth unto me shall dwell safely, and shall be quiet from fear of evil.
Old 03-06-2017, 12:58 AM   #157
thaskalos

Quote:
Proverbs 1:24-33
24 ¶ Because I have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded; 25 But ye have set at nought all my counsel, and would none of my reproof: 26 I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh; 27 When your fear cometh as desolation, and your destruction cometh as a whirlwind; when distress and anguish cometh upon you. 28 Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me: 29 For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the LORD: 30 They would none of my counsel: they despised all my reproof. 31 Therefore shall they eat of the fruit of their own way, and be filled with their own devices. 32 For the turning away of the simple shall slay them, and the prosperity of fools shall destroy them. 33 But whoso hearkeneth unto me shall dwell safely, and shall be quiet from fear of evil.
WHO has "called"...and we've "refused"?
Old 03-06-2017, 01:00 AM   #158
Light
Veteran

Quote:
If you have to fear God then it is not God. The Bible says God is love. So does many who have had NDE's. So does my experience, not based on anything I read or heard. If you haven't figured out the sole purpose for existence is love then you are still in the dark.
Old 03-06-2017, 01:00 AM   #159
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
You should become a student of yourself. All answers are within. At least the ones that matter directly in your life. External information from books and philosophy is fine and can be enjoyable. But growth and awareness come from within and those books cannot do it for you. We think there isn't much within. But that's because we have his barrier called ego that guards our inner kingdom of Heaven.
Most of the time I find the material WITHIN to be rather, well, boring, to say the least...besides I have access to libraries and the Internet....thousands of literary, philosophical, scientific, religious, and historical GIANTS to read, study, and learn from....for some, THIS is boring and quite tedious...

...I know many people who have ABSOLUTELY ZERO interest in any of these subjects...many are really quite anti-intellectual, and consider learning something new, to be somewhat, well, suspect....(He's just putting on airs)....
Old 03-06-2017, 01:03 AM   #160
thaskalos

Quote:
Most of the time I find the material WITHIN to be rather, well, boring, to say the least...besides I have access to libraries and the Internet....thousands of literary, philosophical, scientific, religious, and historical GIANTS to read, study, and learn from....for some, THIS is boring and quite tedious...

...I know many people who have ABSOLUTELY ZERO interest in any of these subjects...many are really quite anti-intellectual, and consider learning something new, to be somewhat, well, suspect....(He's just putting on airs)....
Have you read this?

https://www.amazon.com/Search-Miracu...8780184&sr=1-1
Old 03-06-2017, 01:04 AM   #161
LottaKash

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
WHO has "called"...and we've "refused"?
I will give you one guess Silly...
Old 03-06-2017, 01:04 AM   #162
thaskalos

Quote:
I will give you one guess Silly...
I must have missed the "call".
Old 03-06-2017, 01:05 AM   #163
Light
Veteran

Quote:

So you are saying you are boring to yourself?
Old 03-06-2017, 01:18 AM   #164
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
If you have to fear God then it is not God. The Bible says God is love. So does many who have had NDE's. So does my experience, not based on anything I read or heard. If you haven't figured out the sole purpose for existence is love then you are still in the dark.
Most of us are in search of love, some of us have found it....that someone who makes us feel special and wanted....For some of us the special someone is God....for others, it is Jesus, for you perhaps, that love is inside of you already, and you have no need of someone else...Many turn to god because they have no one else in their lives that loves them...some one that will always be there for them...that looks after them, that BLESSES them....such is the human condition...
Old 03-06-2017, 01:19 AM   #165
LottaKash

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
I must have missed the "call".
Yep, Good Call...
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: