Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2017, 09:35 AM   #3091
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
Do you understand what average means in statistics?

http://www.astronomy.ohio-state.edu/...3/notes11.html

In each case both densities are expressed as an average. There must be varying specific densities per cubic centimeter. Could be billions of atoms per cc down to 0 atoms.

Also ACTUAL values within each segment of a cc varies. What happens to that space that has zero atoms per cc and zero atoms per fraction of a cc. Does they cease to exist Mr Wizard?
Mr. WhizKid, sir...are you talking about the space between your ears? That space, I truly believe, is empty or virtually so. But...as long as there are gazillions of celestial bodies in outer space, we don't have to concern ourselves with fairy tales of "empty" space. Also, if or when Space decides to do a deep space clean and flush itself of all Matter, none of us will be around to see what empty space looks like.
Old 07-22-2017, 09:39 AM   #3092
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkview_Pirate View Post
It's exactly a chicken and egg problem, since the question of "where did GOD come from?" is left hanging. Schroeder also bases his view on the THEORY of the Big Bang where "something from nothing" came along, but does not address the possibility of the THEORY of an oscillating universe, with never ending Big Bangs.

So, like this thread, we're stuck in a Ground Hog day existence.

By the way Boxcar, in post # 3033, you provided a narration in which you were speaking for God. Very dangerous and deep waters, there.....
Nope, not so. God is the eternal, self-existing one. And his self-existence violates no laws of logic.

As far as the narration goes -- it was hypothetical and I spoke for both God and Lightfoot. But hey...why is this more dangerous than people who also presume to know God is not a personal, intelligent being?
Old 07-22-2017, 09:42 AM   #3093
boxcar

Quote:
I posted a similar objection in my post 3079 which you QUOTED.

I didn't quote you. Those are not your exact words. Besides...I can think for myself. God forbid I should rely on any atheist's logic...even when a blind one finds and acorn once in a blue moon.
Old 07-22-2017, 10:01 AM   #3094
boxcar

Brainteaser for Hcap

Hey, Mr. WhizKid sir...I have a question for you: Is a vacuum something or nothing? Mull that over for a while and get back to me.
Old 07-22-2017, 11:46 AM   #3095
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Hey, Mr. WhizKid sir...I have a question for you: Is a vacuum something or nothing? Mull that over for a while and get back to me.
You have a zero scientific and mathematical education. In other words a literal VACUUM about the things you claim to know.
Old 07-22-2017, 11:52 AM   #3096
hcap

Quote:
I didn't quote you. Those are not your exact words. Besides...I can think for myself. God forbid I should rely on any atheist's logic...even when a blind one finds and acorn once in a blue moon.
Not only are you ignorant you misread what I wrote. When I said you quoted me I was refering to you quoting me not that you were trying to make the exact SAME point I did but something similar

Quote:
I posted a similar objection in my post 3079 which you QUOTED.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
According to physics everything, space, time, matter and energy came into existence after the big bang. How does Schroeder know the laws of nature preceded the big bang?
Old 07-22-2017, 11:58 AM   #3097
hcap

Question: What happens if your house gets demolished ? Does the space within it's walls magically disappear, and cease to be? If a quantity of hydrogen gas gets stripped of all it's electrons leaving only protons which then repel each other. Does the space delineated by the distance between where the electrons were and their captivating proton vanish? Can one point in space ( one proton ) define a space surrounding it, or must there be more points to delineate a volume or distance in space? If the proton is 1 light year away from another proton as might be in interstellar space, and the second proton is struck by a cosmic ray and decays, what happens to the 1 light year of space that existed between the first and second proton?
Old 07-22-2017, 12:08 PM   #3098
hcap

All you are doing is describing a boundary or a fence which defines the dimensions of what is within that fence. You are not addressing the nature of what is within those defining limits. And obviously the FENCE does not determine what it fences off.

One man's COW corral is not another's pig sty. Even though the fences are of the same dimension.

Right?

So what? Not a very cosmic revelation Mr world renowned non-mathematical pseudo scientist. Btw, did you get as far as your multiplication tables? Maybe that's why you have trouble grasping science

Last edited by hcap; 07-22-2017 at 12:10 PM.
Old 07-22-2017, 01:47 PM   #3099
boxcar

Quote:
Not only are you ignorant you misread what I wrote. When I said you quoted me I was refering to you quoting me not that you were trying to make the exact SAME point I did but something similar
But I didn't quote your objection. Learn to communicate. Clear the cobwebs out from your dusty attic. What you should have said was something to the effect, that I raised a similar objection to yours or vice versa.
Old 07-22-2017, 01:49 PM   #3100
boxcar

Quote:
You have a zero scientific and mathematical education. In other words a literal VACUUM about the things you claim to know.
Nice deflect, which I would expect from you. So once again...Is a vacuum something or nothing?
Old 07-22-2017, 02:04 PM   #3101
boxcar

Quote:
Question: What happens if your house gets demolished ? Does the space within it's walls magically disappear, and cease to be? If a quantity of hydrogen gas gets stripped of all it's electrons leaving only protons which then repel each other. Does the space delineated by the distance between where the electrons were and their captivating proton vanish? Can one point in space ( one proton ) define a space surrounding it, or must there be more points to delineate a volume or distance in space? If the proton is 1 light year away from another proton as might be in interstellar space, and the second proton is struck by a cosmic ray and decays, what happens to the 1 light year of space that existed between the first and second proton?
If the house is demolished and there is nothing left, then no one would ever know that a house existed there. In the same way...if all the celestial bodies in the universe were "demolished" or were to "magically disappear", you would never know that Space was the "fence" or "border" around a physical universe. In fact, sir, you would not know that there is such thing as "Space" since only physical matter can reveal Space to us.

In case this is too deep for your..., consider a large, empty one-room house. Very large. Very empty. Because there is nothing in the room, we cannot know what kind of room it is. We cannot know the purpose for such a room. Is the room going to be a very large kitchen? A large banquet hall? A ballroom? A general recreation room? A very large studio-style dwelling? What? We need certain kinds of physical objects in the room to reveal what the empty room (space) is all about. Likewise, we need physical objects floating around in that big room above and around us to tell us that we're in a room in the first place.
Old 07-22-2017, 04:10 PM   #3102
thaskalos

Quote:
If the house is demolished and there is nothing left, then no one would ever know that a house existed there. In the same way...if all the celestial bodies in the universe were "demolished" or were to "magically disappear", you would never know that Space was the "fence" or "border" around a physical universe. In fact, sir, you would not know that there is such thing as "Space" since only physical matter can reveal Space to us.

In case this is too deep for your..., consider a large, empty one-room house. Very large. Very empty. Because there is nothing in the room, we cannot know what kind of room it is. We cannot know the purpose for such a room. Is the room going to be a very large kitchen? A large banquet hall? A ballroom? A general recreation room? A very large studio-style dwelling? What? We need certain kinds of physical objects in the room to reveal what the empty room (space) is all about. Likewise, we need physical objects floating around in that big room above and around us to tell us that we're in a room in the first place.
Is SPACE the "fence or border around a physical universe"...or is the PHYSICAL UNIVERSE the "fence or border" which surrounds SPACE?
Old 07-22-2017, 04:20 PM   #3103
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
Is SPACE the "fence or border around a physical universe"...or is the PHYSICAL UNIVERSE the "fence or border" which surrounds SPACE?
Nothing surrounds Space. Space is like a room (that has four walls, a ceiling and floor) that surrounds the furnishings (celestial bodies) therein.
Old 07-22-2017, 05:47 PM   #3104
Jess Hawsen Arown

Quote:
Nothing surrounds Space. Space is like a room (that has four walls, a ceiling and floor) that surrounds the furnishings (celestial bodies) therein.
So then a spacebar on your computer must be where you get drunk when somebody unwanted occupies your space.
Old 07-22-2017, 08:49 PM   #3105
HalvOnHorseracing

I'm pretty sure that when you have to have all celestial objects "magically disappear" to make a point, the discussion has taken a turn for the worse.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: