Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Advance Deposit Wagering (ADW)

Old 11-22-2018, 10:19 AM   #1
lagavulin62

Streaming Twin Spires

Not sure if this is the correct forum but seems close.

Background: Long time Twinspires user and looking for a suitable tablet to stream races. I have the iphone 5s and it streams fine, need larger view obviously.

I have the ipad 9.7 and it does stream but not great clarity since ios will not allow flash player, which is the main TS video engine. Also Roku does not have TS. Another problem is I live in Texas so we can’t run the TVG app or the TS App for phone or tablet. The only racing video I can get live for the TV screen is NYRA Now, which is excellent by the way. I have tried the apple lightening adaptor to mirror on TV, but too much speed is lost to be reliable.

So, I am now considering an Android tablet. Don’t need the top of the line. I did find the Galaxy A 10.1 for $160. I also see the Amazon Fire for around $100. I have excellent speed, up to 180 mbps, so that is not an issue. I just need a tablet that supports ac wi-fi in the Android platform.

So with that said any recommendations in the under $150 range? What should I be looking for in terms of resolution?

Thanks to all responses.
lagavulin62 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-22-2018, 07:47 PM   #2
HHE10
BANNED

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagavulin62 View Post
Not sure if this is the correct forum but seems close.

Background: Long time Twinspires user and looking for a suitable tablet to stream races. I have the iphone 5s and it streams fine, need larger view obviously.

I have the ipad 9.7 and it does stream but not great clarity since ios will not allow flash player, which is the main TS video engine. Also Roku does not have TS. Another problem is I live in Texas so we can’t run the TVG app or the TS App for phone or tablet. The only racing video I can get live for the TV screen is NYRA Now, which is excellent by the way. I have tried the apple lightening adaptor to mirror on TV, but too much speed is lost to be reliable.

So, I am now considering an Android tablet. Don’t need the top of the line. I did find the Galaxy A 10.1 for $160. I also see the Amazon Fire for around $100. I have excellent speed, up to 180 mbps, so that is not an issue. I just need a tablet that supports ac wi-fi in the Android platform.

So with that said any recommendations in the under $150 range? What should I be looking for in terms of resolution?

Thanks to all responses.
I don't know if this would help you, but have you tried HPIbet.com. Its pretty much the same as Twinspires, its have 4 screens and you can wager too (of course ) If you are a constant bettor, streaming races are free. It also gives you free programs for harness and free "Insiders Picks and Power Plays" which is great.

I found a few links for some tablets under $150, it might help

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung...&intl=nosplash

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/apple-r...?skuId=5656349

Top 11 best budget tablets under $150
https://tabletunderbudget.com/best-t...r-150-dollars/
HHE10 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-23-2018, 11:33 AM   #3
lagavulin62

Quote:
Originally Posted by HHE10 View Post
I don't know if this would help you, but have you tried HPIbet.com. Its pretty much the same as Twinspires, its have 4 screens and you can wager too (of course ) If you are a constant bettor, streaming races are free. It also gives you free programs for harness and free "Insiders Picks and Power Plays" which is great.

I found a few links for some tablets under $150, it might help

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung...&intl=nosplash

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/apple-r...?skuId=5656349

Top 11 best budget tablets under $150
https://tabletunderbudget.com/best-t...r-150-dollars/

Thanks for all the info.

I can’t join that service as I am not Canadian. The tablets all look good, however none are compatible with ac wireless. That’s ok, I know the Galaxy can be found for sale often.

Thanks again.
lagavulin62 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-26-2018, 09:45 AM   #4
ubercapper

The NYRA Bets app has one of the best video streams of all the ADWs in my opinion. There's no knocking any of them but on iPhone the NYRA feed has the best resolution, so I will assume it will be as good one nearly any newer tablet as well.
ubercapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-27-2018, 07:30 AM   #5
Gorrex

NYRA's looks better because they do not allow anyone else access to their HD stream.

Otherwise ALL ADWs have the exact same video provider with the exact same capabilities. It is a single monopoly provider in the industry with exclusivity rights to all tracks. Pretty much any video issue on any platform originates there and not with the ADW systems.

Jason Martin
IT Director
AmWest Entertainment - AmWager
Gorrex is offline   Reply With Quote Reply