Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 11-28-2018, 12:37 AM   #91
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by v j stauffer View Post
I thought you were better than this Thask. When I said you didn't know what you were talking about I meant that you've never worked at the race track and don't understand what we have to deal with. I shared that with you because I THOUGHT you deserved a respectful answer.

This isn't the first time I've read you wrong though is it? I gave you the respect of sharing and offering some ideas I had and you wasted my time by misrepresenting yourself to be something you clearly are not.

You did a good job on the $20 games we played at HorseTourneys. I gave you props for those. Of course you must know they didn't matter to me at all. But I thought it would be nice for me to help you feel good about yourself.

In any language you must know how disappointed I am in you.
I was only kidding with that remark, Vic, and I was certain that you would pick up on that...just as I had picked up on the joking around that you did with those repeated "props" that you kept on giving me...even as you were winning those $1,500 heads-up tourneys on Horsetourneys. And, you can't very well accuse me of "wasting your time"...because I didn't even bother you for the steak dinner that we were supposed to meet up for.

But I wasn't kidding with the last part of that post of mine...which you managed to conveniently ignore. You can't say that the tracks are doing "everything in their power" to address the late-scratches problem...when the truth is that they don't want to inconvenience the horsemen in the least...for fear that these horsemen will pack up and go someplace else.
Old 11-28-2018, 12:59 AM   #92
v j stauffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
I was only kidding with that remark, Vic, and I was certain that you would pick up on that...just as I had picked up on the joking around that you did with those repeated "props" that you kept on giving me...even as you were winning those $1,500 heads-up tourneys on Horsetourneys. And, you can't very well accuse me of "wasting your time"...because I didn't even bother you for the steak dinner that we were supposed to meet up for.

But I wasn't kidding with the last part of that post of mine...which you managed to conveniently ignore. You can't say that the tracks are doing "everything in their power" to address the late-scratches problem...when the truth is that they don't want to inconvenience the horsemen in the least...for fear that these horsemen will pack up and go someplace else.
You were not kidding. The props I gave were heartfelt. I didn't feel like minimizing your excellent handicapping those days. Believe me I was happy we played for $20 and the $1500 players weren't as good as you.

I didn't ignore anything. And what you've just said is a re-capitulation of exactly what I've already explained.
Old 11-28-2018, 01:20 AM   #93
thaskalos

Quote:
You were not kidding. The props I gave were heartfelt. I didn't feel like minimizing your excellent handicapping those days. Believe me I was happy we played for $20 and the $1500 players weren't as good as you.

I didn't ignore anything. And what you've just said is a re-capitulation of exactly what I've already explained.
I have argued plenty with you here in the past...and I assure you that I have no qualms about arguing with you again. Why would I say that I was only kidding with a remark...if I really wasn't? Did you also believe that OTHER remark that I made soon after our contest? That I would love to get you on a slow boat to China?

Lighten up, Vic...it's only a game. It's just that I am the favorite when we match up from now on...and you'll have to deal with that.*

*(Do I really have to use those emojis to show you that I am only kidding?)
Old 11-28-2018, 01:23 AM   #94
v j stauffer

Quote:
I have argued plenty with you here in the past...and I assure you that I have no qualms about arguing with you again. Why would I say that I was only kidding with a remark...if I really wasn't? Did you also believe that OTHER remark that I made soon after our contest? That I would love to get you on a slow boat to China?

Lighten up, Vic...it's only a game. It's just that I am the favorite when we match up from now on...and you'll have to deal with that.*

*(Do I really have to use those emojis to show you that I am only kidding?)
Use or say whatever you'd like.

You weren't kidding.

It's cool.

You're inconsistent of character. No big deal. It's the internet.

Feel bad my read about you was wrong. But I don't care that much.

No hard feelings.
Old 11-28-2018, 01:38 AM   #95
thaskalos

Quote:
Use or say whatever you'd like.

You weren't kidding.

It's cool.

You're inconsistent of character. No big deal. It's the internet.

Feel bad my read about you was wrong. But I don't care that much.

No hard feelings.
Sure I am inconsistent of character. I have my contradictions...just like everybody else. And, like you...I don't much care that your read about me was wrong. But, if it will make you feel any better...I assure you that I deleted your phone number without saving it. You won't be getting any phone calls from me...even concerning dinner plans.

Last edited by thaskalos; 11-28-2018 at 01:44 AM.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-28-2018, 10:59 PM   #96
Afleet

Quote:
English is my SECOND language...so, that must be why I have such a hard time being understood here. My sole argument is against the epidemic of LATE SCRATCHES that we see. The weekday dirt races start off with 8 horses...and then they are reduced to 5 or 6 by the obligatory 2 or 3 late scratches...even though the track is fast, and there isn't a single cloud in the sky. Now...does this have anything to do with the foal crop shortage that you are talking about here? Why are the horses entered...when the intention to run them isn't there?

Am I making myself clear NOW?
I quit playing the Maryland racing product. All dirt races there always have 2-3 scratches; fast, muddy, sloppy it doesn't matter
Afleet is offline   Reply With Quote Reply