Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 08-19-2023, 10:45 PM   #16
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

As fast likes to point out every chance he gets, there's plenty of time between now and when Republicans choose their nominee.

I predict Trump starts steadily losing support with his core base between now and then.
Old 08-19-2023, 11:46 PM   #17
ElKabong

If he's running from the basement, yes he'll lose support. Biden did it to success (with help via cheating, and cover from fbi, cia hacks and msm) but people see now what a farce it was. Get out and debate, people are even more engaged now than ever. Don't be a pussy. Don't be a chickenshit. Debate your opponents.
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-19-2023, 11:56 PM   #18
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
Do you really expect ReplayRandall to make a negative comment about Trump?

Trump was Randall's "knight in shining armor".
Trump was a winner in my book until his actions after j6. I liked his tenure and to this day I think the election was stolen.

The way he handled post j6 was embarrassing. If he had just said "I asked everyone to go home in peace" and stood on that comment, DeSantis and VR wouldn't be running today. No need. But Trump descended into a childish, whiney character. Basically unelectable now in a fair n square election.

I live in deep east Texas, very red country and Trump has a lot of supporters here. But not one, and I mean NOT ONE is an independent. If that's the case here, Trump has zero shot in swing states
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
Old 08-20-2023, 12:25 AM   #19
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
As fast likes to point out every chance he gets, there's plenty of time between now and when Republicans choose their nominee.

I predict Trump starts steadily losing support with his core base between now and then.
So I will ignore your predictions, and have to agree with dead states until things change. nothing new here.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-20-2023, 08:44 AM   #20
pandy

Quote:

That's how I feel. My prediction is that the election will be between Newsom and Desantis.

Desantis was polling strong until the indictments, so the polling could be an outlier. The media coverage is ridiculously biased. The right-wing media won't criticize Trump, even when he says or does something that deserves scrutiny, but they're knocking Desantis. I guess they feel that if they're critical of Trump, they may lose viewers.

They're also pushing Vivek, who even though he isn't a serious candidate for President. Vivek has too many policies that are patently absurd. He claims that he'll raise the voting age to 25, fire half of the FBI agents, and eliminate 75% of the bureaucrats, all crazy talking points just to get attention. When Trump won in 2016, his policy ideas were all realistic things that could actually get implemented if he won. You can't promise to do things that have no chance and get elected.
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-20-2023, 11:56 AM   #21
fast4522

The media coverage is ridiculously biased. And was responsible for early bogus polling. Internal polling for Desantis was never good and suggested change needed. The right-wing media someone has already left earth because there is none are just spins setup to feed into other spins. Newsom has been a complete disaster for his state and while he is warming up in the bullpen it is Biden who has a direct need to keep his family out of jail, and the only way to do that is with a corrupt midget running the DOJ. So there is no change so far in the process.
Old 08-20-2023, 01:14 PM   #22
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandy View Post
That's how I feel. My prediction is that the election will be between Newsom and Desantis.

Desantis was polling strong until the indictments, so the polling could be an outlier. The media coverage is ridiculously biased. The right-wing media won't criticize Trump, even when he says or does something that deserves scrutiny, but they're knocking Desantis. I guess they feel that if they're critical of Trump, they may lose viewers.

They're also pushing Vivek, who even though he isn't a serious candidate for President. Vivek has too many policies that are patently absurd. He claims that he'll raise the voting age to 25, fire half of the FBI agents, and eliminate 75% of the bureaucrats, all crazy talking points just to get attention. When Trump won in 2016, his policy ideas were all realistic things that could actually get implemented if he won. You can't promise to do things that have no chance and get elected.
I won't lie...I'm surprised how DeSantis can't gain traction in the face of all these indictments.

HOWEVER, I will remind everyone that my advice on this board to DeSantis before he officially declared - SIT THIS ONE OUT - wait for 2028...he didn't listen...

As for Vivek...I don't think he's done. His interview with Tucker Carlson got a massive amount of views compared to some other recent Tucker interviews on twitter:

42M views - out 3 days

RFK Jr: 11M -out 6 days
Steven Sund: 14M - out 10 days
Old 08-20-2023, 01:38 PM   #23
fast4522

Quote:
I won't lie...I'm surprised how DeSantis can't gain traction in the face of all these indictments.

HOWEVER, I will remind everyone that my advice on this board to DeSantis before he officially declared - SIT THIS ONE OUT - wait for 2028...he didn't listen...

As for Vivek...I don't think he's done. His interview with Tucker Carlson got a massive amount of views compared to some other recent Tucker interviews on twitter:

42M views - out 3 days

RFK Jr: 11M -out 6 days
Steven Sund: 14M - out 10 days
You can sell a communist to the democrat's in general, they are too far gone.
You can not sell a establishment puke to hard core MAGA people period. Those who claim people are so stupid, we say speak for yourself. Some say wait until the first debate, sure we will be posting the big fails if any there too.
Old 08-20-2023, 01:42 PM   #24
Dick Whitman
Veteran

Quote:

Good one

Yep, I'm sure all the MargieRoses out there will start jumping ship any day now
Dick Whitman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-20-2023, 01:46 PM   #25
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Whitman View Post

Good one

Yep, I'm sure all the MargieRoses out there will start jumping ship any day now
You would have 20k more posts before that happened.
Old 08-20-2023, 01:49 PM   #26
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
You can sell a communist to the democrat's in general, they are too far gone.
You can not sell a establishment puke to hard core MAGA people period. Those who claim people are so stupid, we say speak for yourself. Some say wait until the first debate, sure we will be posting the big fails if any there too.
DeSantis isn't gaining traction...not because of what you say...Rockefeller this or whatever...the regular conservative MAGA voter out there probably doesn't even pay any attention to this type of "deep in the weeds" political analysis. Nor do they care.

DeSantis' problem is that he's kinda boring. The political equivalent to "milquetoast". He's bringing Jeb Bush-type low energy...in other words, he sounds like most other scripted, guarded politicians.

Which is why I thought he shouldn't have run as long as Trump is in the field.
Old 08-20-2023, 02:04 PM   #27
fast4522

Quote:
DeSantis isn't gaining traction...not because of what you say...Rockefeller this or whatever...the regular conservative MAGA voter out there probably doesn't even pay any attention to this type of "deep in the weeds" political analysis. Nor do they care.

DeSantis' problem is that he's kinda boring. The political equivalent to "milquetoast". He's bringing Jeb Bush-type low energy...in other words, he sounds like most other scripted, guarded politicians.

DeSantis isn't gaining traction because he can't get blacks and gays who he has angered to like him. Very early on some respected democrat's were saying do not be worried about Trump because if he wins he will be malleable to the establishment, Trump proved beyond a shadow of doubt to not be malleable. Rockefeller this or whatever as you put it is like being a leper, you get to see this first hand.
Old 08-20-2023, 02:26 PM   #28
MargieRose

Quote:

It's what DeSantis didn't bring that is glaring. IMO, he didn't bring integrity. Could not his penchant for disloyalty possibly translate to disloyalty on a grander scale, if so inclined at some weak or self-serving point?

Disloyalty is a grievous flaw, IMO.

Yes, DeSantis most certainly should have waited until 2028 and have stood his ground with Trump, now. Huge blunder!
MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-20-2023, 02:32 PM   #29
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
DeSantis isn't gaining traction because he can't get blacks and gays who he has angered to like him. Very early on some respected democrat's were saying do not be worried about Trump because if he wins he will be malleable to the establishment, Trump proved beyond a shadow of doubt to not be malleable. Rockefeller this or whatever as you put it is like being a leper, you get to see this first hand.
DeSantis couldn't wait to debate Trump. He'd chew Trump's ass and spit it out on the way the two handled covid. Trump can't stand to be wrong and DeSantis would have embarrassed Trump on stage. Rightfully so

Christie has no shot but would be never ending on Trump with the indictments that are actually an issue.

Trump pussied out, expect him to stay in the basement until the polls start tightening up. It's what pussies do when they have nothing to debate with
Old 08-20-2023, 02:44 PM   #30
MargieRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
This isn't about fox. It's about the future of America.

Trump's interest is solely to himself now. Boring. Name calling. Whining. Enough already. Go to tucker and cry like a baby

At this point Trump shies from head to head competition. Dogs bark while the train runs by
Don't you worry, Trump will be at the next debate.
MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply