Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 09-12-2020, 04:01 PM   #61
jimmyb
Registered User
 
jimmyb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Baystater
Posts: 1,761
Quote:
Originally Posted by MONEY View Post
Wrong.
We don't like people that think America is a racist country.
The U.S.A. has bigots of all kinds, every country in the world does.
But the U.S.A. in no longer systemically racist.
Those guys taking a knee are proof.

yup. For many years Oprah was the worlds highest paid entertainer. We twice elected a self indentified black man president. The highest paid pro football player is black. the highest paid pro basketball player is black. Some of Hollywoods best are black and millionaires many times over. How about musicians. Anyone can go to college these days.



Equal opportunity means laws and policies require that individuals be judged on qualifications without regard to gender, race, age etc.


Affirmative action requires judgement with regard to such group membership, receiving preferential treatment or compensatory treatment, and in some cases to achieve more proportional representation in various institutions and occupations.


The results are all around us.
jimmyb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-12-2020, 05:06 PM   #62
JustRalph
Just another Facist
 
JustRalph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Now in Houston
Posts: 45,562
Quote:
Originally Posted by MONEY View Post
Wrong.
We don't like people that think America is a racist country.
The U.S.A. has bigots of all kinds, every country in the world does.
But the U.S.A. in no longer systemically racist.
Those guys taking a knee are proof.
Great post. Says it all......./
__________________
Just hanging around.....
JustRalph is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-12-2020, 09:42 PM   #63
JerryBoyle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyb View Post
yup. For many years Oprah was the worlds highest paid entertainer. We twice elected a self indentified black man president. The highest paid pro football player is black. the highest paid pro basketball player is black. Some of Hollywoods best are black and millionaires many times over. How about musicians. Anyone can go to college these days.



Equal opportunity means laws and policies require that individuals be judged on qualifications without regard to gender, race, age etc.


Affirmative action requires judgement with regard to such group membership, receiving preferential treatment or compensatory treatment, and in some cases to achieve more proportional representation in various institutions and occupations.


The results are all around us.
Surely you see the issue with focusing on the outliers when examining any dataset, right?
JerryBoyle is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-12-2020, 09:43 PM   #64
JerryBoyle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
Great post. Says it all......./
Agree that racism is not stricly a U.S.A. thing, and I'd agree that it does seem like it's portrayed in the media as if it's ONLY a U.S.A. thing. In reality it's a human thing. But you're crazy if you think there isn't systemic racism in the US.
JerryBoyle is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-12-2020, 10:07 PM   #65
jimmyb
Registered User
 
jimmyb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Baystater
Posts: 1,761
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryBoyle View Post
Surely you see the issue with focusing on the outliers when examining any dataset, right?
The real issue is economic discrimination. Green opens up doors to the haves that are otherwise closed to the have nots. It crosses all color and racial divides. I'm sure Samuel L Jackson gets to golf at the best clubs that are closed to Joe White Sixpack.
jimmyb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-12-2020, 10:16 PM   #66
JerryBoyle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyb View Post
The real issue is economic discrimination. Green opens up doors to the haves that are otherwise closed to the have nots. It crosses all color and racial divides. I'm sure Samuel L Jackson gets to golf at the best clubs that are closed to Joe White Sixpack.
I'd agree w that mostly, but there are massive systemic issues which allow $ to continue to flow to certain groups of people, on average.
JerryBoyle is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-13-2020, 08:15 AM   #67
rastajenk
Just Deplorable
 
rastajenk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Lebanon, Ohio
Posts: 6,941
I think what you're referring to is known as Freedom. It's a good thing it's "systemic."
rastajenk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-13-2020, 09:10 AM   #68
MONEY
Registered User
 
MONEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Houston Tx.
Posts: 2,899
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryBoyle View Post
I'd agree w that mostly, but there are massive systemic issues which allow $ to continue to flow to certain groups of people, on average.
Money does not flow to people.
Some action has to be taken to get it.
Investing, creating and getting an education or skill are just some ways of earning money.
Unfortunately, being a corrupt politician or being related to one are also a way of getting money.

Sitting at home collecting a welfare check, getting stoned and complaining about life not being
fair is not a good way of getting on the money train.
__________________
Laboratory rats are susceptible to drug addiction, obesity, diabetes, heart disease and cancer.
MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-13-2020, 11:20 AM   #69
JerryBoyle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by MONEY View Post
Money does not flow to people.
Some action has to be taken to get it.
Investing, creating and getting an education or skill are just some ways of earning money.
Unfortunately, being a corrupt politician or being related to one are also a way of getting money.

Sitting at home collecting a welfare check, getting stoned and complaining about life not being
fair is not a good way of getting on the money train.
I'm not saying hard work doesn't matter. But I am saying that there are groups of people who start much farther behind than other groups.
JerryBoyle is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-13-2020, 11:22 AM   #70
JerryBoyle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by rastajenk View Post
I think what you're referring to is known as Freedom. It's a good thing it's "systemic."
Clearly not related to what I'm talking about but good plug for 'Merica I guess.. the only place with "freedom"...
JerryBoyle is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-13-2020, 11:31 AM   #71
Greyfox
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 18,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryBoyle View Post
I'm not saying hard work doesn't matter. But I am saying that there are groups of people who start much farther behind than other groups.
Correct, and as long as there are so many "Absentee Fathers" in Black cultures, Blacks will continue to start much farther behind.
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-13-2020, 12:08 PM   #72
headhawg
crusty old guy
 
headhawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Snarkytown USA
Posts: 3,343
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryBoyle View Post
I'm not saying hard work doesn't matter. But I am saying that there are groups of people who start much farther behind than other groups.
And others who become successful because of the white groups (see every rapper/hiphop artist in the US, for example). And back on topic...I am boycotting the NFL. I won't even watch my beloved Bears. Fk 'em.
__________________
"Don't believe everything that you read on the Internet." -- Abraham Lincoln
headhawg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-13-2020, 12:55 PM   #73
GMB@BP
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Dark Side of the Moon
Posts: 5,243
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryBoyle View Post
Agree that racism is not stricly a U.S.A. thing, and I'd agree that it does seem like it's portrayed in the media as if it's ONLY a U.S.A. thing. In reality it's a human thing. But you're crazy if you think there isn't systemic racism in the US.
I would say the USA has done a lot more than most when it comes to diversity and equity.

Whats interesting to me is its actually propagated in other countries that we have not
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-13-2020, 01:37 PM   #74
jimmyb
Registered User
 
jimmyb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Baystater
Posts: 1,761
I started watching pre game on fox until it got political. Switched the channel to 3 stooges reruns. Better than the talking head stooges on fox sports.
jimmyb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-13-2020, 06:29 PM   #75
Tom
The Voice of Reason!
 
Tom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Canandaigua, New york
Posts: 102,867
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryBoyle View Post
Well, I'd be happy to be proven wrong on those 2 if true
You are not really worth the bother.
People as ignorant as you have nothing to offer, so why bother with you?
__________________
Who does the Racing Form Detective like in this one?
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Reply




Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
How do you prefer your Coffee !?
Cream and Sugar - 28.57%
30 Votes
Cream only - 20.00%
21 Votes
Black - 41.90%
44 Votes
Decaf - 9.52%
10 Votes
Espresso - 12.38%
13 Votes
Starbucks etc... - 9.52%
10 Votes
Other - 23.81%
25 Votes
Total Votes: 105
This poll is closed.
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 1999 - 2020 -- PaceAdvantage.Com -- All Rights Reserved -- Best Viewed in a modern browser @ 1280x720 Resolution Or Higher
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program
designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.