Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 09-05-2016, 09:18 PM   #1
linrom1
Veteran

Saratoga P-5

So someone hits P5 for $560k during second day of this experimental 3-day trial? What a coincidence?

I want to know what affiliation the winner has to NYRA or to racing!
linrom1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-06-2016, 03:38 PM   #2
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

The winner is the head track super at NYRA, and also the NYRA steward, and also Andy Serling, who deliberately gave out totally different picks on the air so as to not kill his ticket.
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-06-2016, 03:52 PM   #3
rrpic6

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
The winner is the head track super at NYRA, and also the NYRA steward, and also Andy Serling, who deliberately gave out totally different picks on the air so as to not kill his ticket.
Good one! The negativity here recently is mind boggling. Haters hating on jockeys, trainers, announcers, easy prey TVG, and even a whole thread lashing out at tellers. Don't know how you deal with it. Make everyone take a "time-out" by shutting down a few days might work.

RR
Old 09-06-2016, 04:20 PM   #4
MonmouthParkJoe

The hits keep coming!
MonmouthParkJoe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-06-2016, 04:21 PM   #5
linrom1
Veteran

Quote:
That wouldn't surprise me at all. NYSE killed the uptick rule right before stock market crash late in 2007, so the fact that NYRA brings in P5 a day or two before someone hits it for $560k is also no coincidence.

I view racing as a market and since all markets are rigged(thank you NY and London) why would it surprise me.

Similarly hedge funds and investment firms are notorious for giving out contrarian opinion so why would A. S give out any information that's useful?

On two Songbird's NYRA races, he lobbied against her and thinks that all she beat was bunch of tomato cans! On the other hand he thought that Frosted was a super horse who deservedly got some astronomical Beyer only to lose to bunch of tomato cans no better than allowance types in probably one of the weakest Woodward fields.

I hope that NYRA never brings back P5, it'll only reduces P4 pools and allows syndicates with some non-public knowledge to scoop up general public bets.

Note that 15% takeout on P5 does not benefit average horse bettor just like 15% tax rate paid on investment income only benefits hedge fund types.

So while you think you are being facetious in your reply to me, you are also very much correct!
linrom1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-06-2016, 04:28 PM   #6
NTamm1215

Quote:
Originally Posted by linrom1
That wouldn't surprise me at all. NYSE killed the uptick rule right before stock market crash late in 2007, so the fact that NYRA brings in P5 a day or two before someone hits it for $560k is also no coincidence.

I view racing as a market and since all markets are rigged(thank you NY and London) why would it surprise me.

Similarly hedge funds and investment firms are notorious for giving out contrarian opinion so why would A. S give out any information that's useful?

On two Songbird's NYRA races, he lobbied against her and thinks that all she beat was bunch of tomato cans! On the other hand he thought that Frosted was a super horse who deservedly got some astronomical Beyer only to lose to bunch of tomato cans no better than allowance types in probably one of the weakest Woodward fields.

I hope that NYRA never brings back P5, it'll only reduces P4 pools and allows syndicates with some non-public knowledge to scoop up general public bets.

Note that 15% takeout on P5 does not benefit average horse bettor just like 15% tax rate paid on investment income only benefits hedge fund types.

So while you think you are being facetious in your reply to me, you are also very much correct!
If there was a Hall of Fame for ridiculous posts on this board, this would be a first ballot candidate.
NTamm1215 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-06-2016, 04:38 PM   #7
rsetup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTamm1215
If there was a Hall of Fame for ridiculous posts on this board, this would be a first ballot candidate.
Is it true that you and Travis took down one of these p5's? Just curious, not looking to add any fuel
rsetup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-06-2016, 06:40 PM   #8
NTamm1215

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsetup
Is it true that you and Travis took down one of these p5's? Just curious, not looking to add any fuel
Yes, that is correct.
Old 09-06-2016, 06:45 PM   #9
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Yes, that is correct.

Congratulations NICK! Nice JOB !!!!
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-06-2016, 08:46 PM   #10
NTamm1215

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD4ME
Congratulations NICK! Nice JOB !!!!
Thanks! Was a great sequence to have good opinions and get a little lucky.
Old 09-06-2016, 09:04 PM   #11
rsetup
Veteran

Quote:
Yes, that is correct.
Way to go!!
rsetup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-06-2016, 09:19 PM   #12
thespaah

Quote:
The bet is three days old and already a conspiracy theorist has come from under a rock to bestow upon us his wisdom.....
Oy vey....
thespaah is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-06-2016, 09:25 PM   #13
thespaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by linrom1

Ok....All markets are rigged? IN favor or against whom?
if you think the market here is rigged, then why on Earth do you subject yourself to such misery by having so much as a scintilla of interest in horse racing?...or are you one of these people who participates in an activity just to have something to complain about?
I'd tell you to shut up, but that may ruffle the feathers of PA and CJ so, I won't. I have much respect for those two individuals to risk drawing their ire and continue posting to you.
Old 09-06-2016, 09:33 PM   #14
thespaah

Quote:
Thanks! Was a great sequence to have good opinions and get a little lucky.
I was astonished anyone could come with that ticket
23-1, 15-1, 6/5( ok I would imagine Mexican Gold was a single)22-1 and 13-1.....Amazing,
Old 09-06-2016, 10:35 PM   #15
NTamm1215

Quote:
Originally Posted by thespaah
I was astonished anyone could come with that ticket
23-1, 15-1, 6/5( ok I would imagine Mexican Gold was a single)22-1 and 13-1.....Amazing,
That sequence was impossible. I hit on Saturday.

The group I play with was 3-3 on Sunday, but there was absolutely no way I could have ever had the 11th and 12th winners on the same ticket.