Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 12-20-2020, 05:51 AM   #1
davew

The Fight for the Soul of Seattle

an interesting yet disturbing documentary from KOMO news, the local ABC affiliate. Will bigger cities all across the USA become progressive like this?

davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-20-2020, 10:16 AM   #2
46zilzal
velocitician

Ever since Longacres closed
Old 12-20-2020, 12:22 PM   #3
Greyfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
an interesting yet disturbing documentary from KOMO news, the local ABC affiliate. Will bigger cities all across the USA become progressive like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WijoL3Hy_Bw
I only watched the first few minutes of the video and it showed all I needed to see.
The Democratic Mayor and his Council are idiots.
Back in the '60's none of that crap would be tolerated.
In fact, Mayor Daley of Chicago had a "shoot to kill" order for looters and arsonists.
I've scratched Seattle off my bucket list of places to visit.

By the way, they get a new NHL team there in 2021.
Why would any fans go downtown to their new arena?

Last edited by Greyfox; 12-20-2020 at 12:33 PM.
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-20-2020, 01:27 PM   #4
xtb
Ultra MAGA "Gun Bitch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post

I don’t see much of a home ice advantage there.
xtb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-20-2020, 01:54 PM   #5
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

I want to see every major city burn and the streets over-run with street animals.

SOMETHING has got to wake up law abiding gun owners. Blood in the streets is needed now. We have to put democtats in the ground.
Old 12-20-2020, 01:59 PM   #6
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
I want to see every major city burn and the streets over-run with street animals.

SOMETHING has got to wake up law abiding gun owners. Blood in the streets is needed now. We have to put democtats in the ground.
Now Tom, are you feeling better? Maybe soon to make it up and down the stairwell for the Physical Therapist to talk about your soon cleared for home?
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-20-2020, 02:21 PM   #7
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Cleared?
I pity the asshole who gets in my when I decide to leave.
Old 12-20-2020, 02:35 PM   #8
TJDave

Give the addicts all the drugs they want. The rest a bus ticket out of town.

The system will auto-correct.
Old 12-20-2020, 02:46 PM   #9
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

If drugs were legal, there would be no cartels or $$$ wasted on stopping them.

Just a lot of dead people.
Natural selection?

I resent spending my tax dollars to protect freaking druggies.
Give them all a hot shot and be done with them.
Old 12-20-2020, 02:57 PM   #10
davew

Quote:
I only watched the first few minutes of the video and it showed all I needed to see.
In fact, Mayor Daley of Chicago had a "shoot to kill" order for looters and arsonists.

The Seahawks and Mariners seemed to get plenty of fans when they could go (before Insley shut down the state to fun stuff).

That mayor from CHOP Summer of Love is not going to seek re-election.
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-20-2020, 09:05 PM   #11
ultracapper

Seattle is a disaster. It really is turning into a model example of irresponsible progressivism. A progressivism that is shoved down the throats of the populous by people that can't be described as anything but hypocrites. The distancing between those on the higher rungs of the ladder and those on the lower rungs is alarming. I'm not just talking about economically either. There are the righteous at the top, and those of us down below that need to be continually reminded what is just, or moral, or ethical, or open minded, which is just another way of saying, politically correct. Political correctness here has become the fundamental litmus test of who you are here in Seattle, and if you don't measure up, you are compromised socially and economically. This city truly is an accelerating downward spiraling society, that will become more and more difficult to correct or save. There is fear in speaking open common sense or dissenting from the cultural lines that have been drawn. It wouldn't surprise me if, in due time, there were to be open violence in this city, a violence that many residence in this city would silently agree with. A violence that would be carried out, encouraged, and appreciated, by both ends of the political spectrum.

I've been here all my life, and it's heartbreaking what has happened to this city. It is a display of irresponsible leftist thinking, and most of the resulting casualties are people that "we all want to help, the downtrodden and unfortunate." They are everywhere, in the city, in the neighborhoods, and in the suburbs. And it seems, aside from feeling terrible for all these unfortunate people, there isn't a whole lot being done about the situation. So, a once beautiful city, a once special place to live, is decaying, step by step, into a crap hole.
ultracapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-20-2020, 09:28 PM   #12
ultracapper

Quote:

Mayor is a she. At least I think she is. Pronouns don't mean much anymore. I saw where this actor, or singer, or what ever he does, insists on being a they. It's like the English language has no rules when it comes to who we are. If I want to be a they, then you have to respect that and call me they. If I want to be a bushel of carrots, then you better respect that, especially here in Seattle. Lots of vegetables in this town.
Old 12-20-2020, 11:52 PM   #13
ultracapper

Had to ask my wife.

Their name is Sam Smith. They is a singer. Sam has always felt like they isn't sure whether they is a man or they is a women, so they felt it was just best to be they. They received an award a couple weeks ago, and they were accidentally referred to as him. They was very upset about this, and twitter users came to their defense and gave the presenter an ear full. Anyway, said presenter apologized profusely to them, and just didn't know what had come over him while introducing them and hopes that they'll still be friends with him, the presenter that is.

This kind of bulls... has legitimacy in Seattle. I'm a notary, and I was actually alerted to this very kind of situation about 6 months ago. Told that I should not assume gender when filling out my jurats. Crazy sh.t.
Old 12-21-2020, 12:33 AM   #14
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

The very fact that "sex assignment" is a thing...

As if you aren't actually born male or female (this is science people...remember how much the left loves science?)....NO...you're not BORN THAT WAY...you're ASSIGNED your sex at birth...from people who stare at your genitalia and ASSIGN you your sex...LMAO

Because of course, you had no choice...you were a baby back then...poor meany doctor or nurse assigned you this albatross around your neck...maybe it was the correct assignment...maybe it wasn't...but make no mistake...it wasn't natural...it was ASSIGNED...

SCIENCE!
Old 12-21-2020, 01:00 AM   #15
baconswitchfarm

I don't feel like i am going to have the free time to travel the world and ask all seven billion people what they each prefer as their personal pronoun. I may just start calling everyone boss or chief and let the rest of you sort it out.
baconswitchfarm is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: