Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 01-17-2017, 11:16 AM   #1
1st time lasix

now this was a tough beat $$$

Yesterday...late in the day on the Monday holiday our handicapping group was having a tough time finding anything at all worth playing in the final at Gulfstream. By then a few cocktails have been served... and after a successful day there was some free flowing gambling dollars flying around. It was a bottom level NW2L for just 6250. Not very much talent in the field and all the favorites were pretty vulnerable. Looked like a "chaos race" on paper. All four of us could not come up with a "key" horse--- so one of my buddies decided to go with the longest shot in the field. He played a $40 exacta box 8 with "all" Well...you guessed it. At the wire...two bombs finish 1st and 2nd. A 21-1 shot wins and his longshot number 8 at 30-1 finishes 2nd! My goodness. He had a monster ticket in his possession. We all started to guess that the exacta would pay around 1600 or more for just two. He had it 20 times! But alas...the inquiry light goes on.... yes- the stewards took down the winner for coming out in deep stretch on the 7 who ended up finishing 4th. He likely would have come in 3rd costing him a placing. Oh no. The huge exacta payday was ruined. Not to be left empty handed however-- as the 30-1 winner he boxed with all was the one they moved up and he collected $450 twenty times. Very, very nice....but what could have been???? All good fun!
1st time lasix is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-17-2017, 11:33 AM   #2
dlivery

Would of been nice

The horse I had to be taken down in deep stretch and placed 5th
dlivery is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-17-2017, 02:26 PM   #3
EasyGoer89
Charm school graduate

That was a rough beat I saw that race and the winner just kept coming out the jock did seem to have time to straighten out his mount, this was one of those situations you knew was an automatic dq, what I found odd was the rider sitting atop the 3 horse 5 mins after the race was over like he had no clue he was coming down, the camera was showing the 3 and his astride jock, I thought that odd to see.
EasyGoer89 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-17-2017, 03:54 PM   #4
RunForTheRoses

I had the 7 (plus the two favorites) to complete the Pick 5, was paying over $6k to the 7 who got mugged by the three. He wasn't exactly Forego blazing down the stretch but it would have been him and the 8 heading to the wire if the 3 ran straight.
RunForTheRoses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-17-2017, 04:09 PM   #5
EasyGoer89
Charm school graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunForTheRoses
I had the 7 (plus the two favorites) to complete the Pick 5, was paying over $6k to the 7 who got mugged by the three. He wasn't exactly Forego blazing down the stretch but it would have been him and the 8 heading to the wire if the 3 ran straight.
The 7 was certainly cost a board spot, but the 3 beat the 8 fair and square, do you think the 8 beats the 3 if the 3 stays straight? It seems if the 3 stays straight it's prob 37 or 73, the 8 wasn't bothered, was he?
EasyGoer89 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-17-2017, 04:31 PM   #6
RunForTheRoses

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyGoer89
The 7 was certainly cost a board spot, but the 3 beat the 8 fair and square, do you think the 8 beats the 3 if the 3 stays straight? It seems if the 3 stays straight it's prob 37 or 73, the 8 wasn't bothered, was he?

Yeah your right it would have been 7 3 most likely. They were terrible horses though.
RunForTheRoses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-17-2017, 08:36 PM   #7
bruin95

More like a tremendous break than a tough beat, if you ask me.
bruin95 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: