Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Advance Deposit Wagering (ADW)

Old 11-08-2020, 08:09 PM   #61
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by trifecta View Post
Sorry for the delay in responding. I was out all day.

For Youbet interface:
Click on the little white head caricature in upper right, near the balance + sign
Drop down to Preferences
Click on Use TwinsSpires Express/ Pro

For Classic interface:
Hover over Bet Now at top left
Drop down to Legacy Classic
This worked for me until 3-4 days ago. Now when I drop down to Preferences...all I get is a tab asking me if I want to save my password or not. And I now have to scramble all over the site to find the tracks that I want. The old Youbet interface was so convenient, I am shocked that the other ADWs haven't adopted it. And I am doubly shocked that Twinspires had it, but chose to terminate it in favor of the confusing mess that they are offering now.

Luckily...I have found a bookie with a decent website who offers credit...along with track odds on the exotics.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-08-2020, 08:19 PM   #62
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

It still works for me...

I'll PM you the link (don't want them to shut it down...lol)

Make sure you are logged into the site first and that you enable flash in the browser (since Flash is going away in Chrome and practically everywhere else, this page probably won't work in another month or two, even if TS keeps it up)
Old 11-13-2020, 10:58 PM   #63
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
It still works for me...

I'll PM you the link (don't want them to shut it down...lol)

Make sure you are logged into the site first and that you enable flash in the browser (since Flash is going away in Chrome and practically everywhere else, this page probably won't work in another month or two, even if TS keeps it up)
I've been able to use Legacy version *sometimes* but it's very spotty. (customer for almost 20 years).

Was unable to get it to work on BC Saturday.

The next weekday, it worked fine.

Their story is that it's been discontinued altogether (yet I am sometimes able to use it) so the stories you get from their CS are wildly different.

It seems that in order to overcome Flash going away, they rewrote the entire interface for the app, which nobody really prefers. They probably paid a team big bucks to do that, so they are not apt to back off their position of making excuses to their customers.

Last edited by clicknow; 11-13-2020 at 11:01 PM.
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-14-2020, 01:13 AM   #64
trifecta

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
This worked for me until 3-4 days ago. Now when I drop down to Preferences...all I get is a tab asking me if I want to save my password or not. And I now have to scramble all over the site to find the tracks that I want. The old Youbet interface was so convenient, I am shocked that the other ADWs haven't adopted it. And I am doubly shocked that Twinspires had it, but chose to terminate it in favor of the confusing mess that they are offering now.

Luckily...I have found a bookie with a decent website who offers credit...along with track odds on the exotics.
Thask, and others:

I can still access the YouBet and Classic interfaces at TwinSpires. Everything still works for me. I think I signed up for YouBet in 1997, or thereabouts. Maybe that's why I still have access. Not sure, though.

Try this:

Hover over Bet Now at top left,
Scroll through the drop down menu

My options are the following:
Today's Races
Results & Replays
Scratches & Changes
Carryovers
Calendar
Express/Pro
Legacy Classic
Legacy TV

I can access the YouBet interface by clicking on Express/Pro and I can access the Classic interface by clicking on Legacy Classic.

I'm guessing you already tried this but I wanted to point it out in case you hadn't. Are you getting those same options in the drop down menu? If not, it looks like they discontinued it for you (for some unknown reason).

Hope it works.
trifecta is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-14-2020, 01:34 AM   #65
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

I do not get those options.

I have to get in via a "backdoor" link...
Old 11-19-2020, 03:41 AM   #66
zimal2

To Spicemaster

Just caught this thread. I also keep track of my bets with TS. Used to be able to sort by win, exacta, trifecta, etc. in new version no can do. In account activity when click on bet type the result does not filter and one gets the same total as all bets. I contacted TS 3 or 4 times starting about 6 months ago. Shy responded that product development was working on it. With my last query, radio silence. I echo those who feel that the product and customer relations need resuscitation. I now spread my bets out over 3 sites. Probably a better idea anyway as signal not always available. Still I would like followup on my accounting issue.
zimal2 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-20-2020, 09:22 PM   #67
Spicemaster

Zimal2

Hi Zimal2....if you will message me your TwinSpires username I'll have someone follow up on your issue.

Take care!
Spicemaster is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-01-2020, 12:35 PM   #68
TexasDolly

No Legacy today

I have been able ,until today, to access the Legacy Classic. Tried two PC's to no avail. Has anyone else had this problem today or very recently.

Thank you,

TD
TexasDolly is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-01-2020, 04:58 PM   #69
trifecta

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasDolly View Post
I have been able ,until today, to access the Legacy Classic. Tried two PC's to no avail. Has anyone else had this problem today or very recently.

Thank you,

TD
I just tried it. It's no longer there. Everything worked for me until today. Now it's gone. Both Classic (classic interface) and Express/Pro (YouBet interface) are gone.
trifecta is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-01-2020, 06:26 PM   #70
TexasDolly

Quote:
Originally Posted by trifecta View Post
I just tried it. It's no longer there. Everything worked for me until today. Now it's gone. Both Classic (classic interface) and Express/Pro (YouBet interface) are gone.
Thanks for the note Tri. It seems like in spite of all the criticism of the site they now have taken away the last of the good interfaces as of Dec1. without a word of explanation to (or concern for) the long term customers.

TD
Old 12-01-2020, 06:51 PM   #71
Mechanic

all the legacy pages are there after I log in, maybe they are phasing out customers, I will be gone after they phase me out, the only reason I use TS is for classic, when they removed the ability to upload batch wagers I found another ADW now I have to use a different ADW for batch wagers and multi ticket wagers, I have tried to use the Twinspires new and improved web page numerous times since it launched, unusable!
Mechanic is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-02-2020, 12:58 PM   #72
TexasDolly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanic View Post
all the legacy pages are there after I log in, maybe they are phasing out customers, I will be gone after they phase me out, the only reason I use TS is for classic, when they removed the ability to upload batch wagers I found another ADW now I have to use a different ADW for batch wagers and multi ticket wagers, I have tried to use the Twinspires new and improved web page numerous times since it launched, unusable!
Thanks for the note Mech. The guy on the chat line said no more after today. So I was curious if you still had access to the LC. Politics has invaded TS
and they could care less about long time customers needs and desires. I will start looking today for a new ADW ,but I will say this ,I put up with their nonsense for a long time because of the use I made of the LC page.

Thank you,
TD
Old 12-05-2020, 04:02 PM   #73
OntheRail

Classic platform is gone... the interface they have up suxs. No tote to watch can't bring video up in new tab. It's either video or entries. Bet box on super or horizontal play messes up on my screen, squishes up to point of uselessness.

Are they going to fix this or did flashes death kill this as well?
Old 12-05-2020, 04:24 PM   #74
Spicemaster

OntheRail

Both items you mentioned you were looking for are there on the interface.

You can break out video by clicking on Video in the menu bar.

Once you have starred your favorite tracks you can see the Tote Board by clicking on Show in the bottom right hand corner.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Video Tab.JPG (35.3 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg Tote Board.JPG (175.8 KB, 21 views)
Spicemaster is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-07-2020, 02:05 AM   #75
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimal2 View Post
I also keep track of my bets with TS. Used to be able to sort by win, exacta, trifecta, etc. in new version no can do.
Their newest "improvement" is that now you cannot pull up, or view, your cancelled wagers.

I was always able to do that in the past. They disappeared from my wagers on Saturaday, so I called in.

(the funny part is that it didn't happen til half way thru the day on Sat......TS chooses the oddest times, like the busiest days, to have their software changes take effect. That alone I find hysterically funny).

Now, if you cancel a wager, it is as if it never existed in the first place. No "red colored" wagers listed at all. And no way to see or find them..

Which is really bad if you ask me. (I once made a wager and accidentally cancelled it, and it won.). I just like to SEE them (even if it's to beat myself over the head). But I also look them over at end of day to see how my thought process was and why it was good or bad.

Now any wager you cancel will be disappeared the moment you cancel it. With no record at all.

So you have to keep track of your own cancelled wagers on a piece of paper now, if you have any interest at all in seeing them, that is.

As for Legacy Classic, which I am sometimes still able to use, that will go away in full last day of December. That is the day that Adobe officially ends support of Flash Player

So, up til now, I *could* still use TS TV while in Legacy Classic mode. Using Chrome, I could still go into my settings and "enable" Flash.

That ability goes away completely on Dec. 31st. In IE as well as MS Edge as well as Chrome. There will be no way to enable it.
For those using Mozilla Firefox, Firefox version 84 will be the final version to support Flash. Firefox version 85 (release date: January 26, 2021) will ship without Flash support, and there will be no setting to re-enable Flash.

Last edited by clicknow; 12-07-2020 at 02:18 AM.
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: