Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Advance Deposit Wagering (ADW)

Old 08-31-2020, 03:34 PM   #16
Spicemaster

PressThePace, thaskalos, and Brass Hat

PTP, thankfully I'm not the only TwinSpires employee checking in here. I was promptly corrected that we still have Conditional Wagering. I knew we had it on the previous version but hadn't checked the new one (because I don't use conditional).

To place conditional bet:
1. build ticket
2. "save" bet (instead of submit)
3. select the ticket from "Saved" tickets display
4. click the conditional wagering icon (clock-like symbol... at bottom far right) to define conditional wagering terms
5. submit

Thaskalos, they looked into your log off issue previously but couldn't reproduce but will reinvestigate it. Hopefully we can get to the bottom of it.

Brass Hat, that is a valid gripe. It seems to be a user preference topic. When the last version was introduced we had a lot of feedback there was too much scrolling, all the horses on one screen were unavailable, etc. I hope it isn't too much of a pain point for you.
Spicemaster is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-31-2020, 05:43 PM   #17
trifecta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spicemaster View Post
PTP, thankfully I'm not the only TwinSpires employee checking in here. I was promptly corrected that we still have Conditional Wagering. I knew we had it on the previous version but hadn't checked the new one (because I don't use conditional).

To place conditional bet:
1. build ticket
2. "save" bet (instead of submit)
3. select the ticket from "Saved" tickets display
4. click the conditional wagering icon (clock-like symbol... at bottom far right) to define conditional wagering terms
5. submit

Thaskalos, they looked into your log off issue previously but couldn't reproduce but will reinvestigate it. Hopefully we can get to the bottom of it.

Brass Hat, that is a valid gripe. It seems to be a user preference topic. When the last version was introduced we had a lot of feedback there was too much scrolling, all the horses on one screen were unavailable, etc. I hope it isn't too much of a pain point for you.
Spice:

This happens to me a lot. There's another ADW that gives you a warning when you're about to be logged off. Can't TwinSpires do the same thing?

Thanks.
trifecta is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-31-2020, 05:49 PM   #18
jay68802

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
The worse time to find out that we've gotten kicked off the site is when we are putting in our wagers at the very end of the betting period. We scramble to log in again and resend our wagers...but we never make it back in time. It's the most infuriating thing. Ideally...a refresh button should appear on the screen so this process could be taken care of in one expedient step.

Thanks for listening, Spicemaster...it's nice to have a Twinspires guy here. I hope you are not the sensitive type.
I have the same problem, pretty sure at some point in time I am loosing my connection. This happens to me when I am using my cell phone as a hot spot. And you are correct, you will not get your bets in.
jay68802 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-31-2020, 07:25 PM   #19
Spicemaster

Getting logged out

Thanks jay68802 and trifecta.....I will pass along. Hopefully we can get that straightened out.
Spicemaster is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-31-2020, 07:27 PM   #20
mikesal57
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay68802 View Post
I have the same problem, pretty sure at some point in time I am loosing my connection. This happens to me when I am using my cell phone as a hot spot. And you are correct, you will not get your bets in.
hey jay....

hows the service when you go over your allotted 4g data using Hot Spot?
mikesal57 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-31-2020, 10:26 PM   #21
win

Spicemaster,

Appreciate your polite responses to a mostly hostile audience.

I am definitely one of the many who has been very unhappy with most of the changes that Twinspires has implemented through the years. To mention a few:

- Replacing a good website that had an exceptional wagering interface with ones that everyone seems to hate (especially me).
- Making it impossible to bulk download multiple Bris data files even though they're paid for. It now takes forever to download them.
- Discontinuing SuperTote and any other options for odds and probables that a lot of cappers used with their homemade spreadsheets.

Your company seems to totally ignore the preferences of it's customer base.

Even though I much prefer the old Youbet Wager Pad Pro (which according to your support staff, can no longer be reinstalled ever since I lost it with a Win 10 upgrade), I will say that the latest Wager Interface is much improved over the pathetic one that your company was pushing onto us until just recently.

The wager pad can now be seen without a lot of scrolling and most important to me, is the "keep picks" option which allows serial race bets to be submitted, modified, and then resubmitted without always starting over.

Not sure about the logging out issue which Thaskalos writes about. Before I pretty much stopped using Twinspires, it used to drive me crazy too. In trying the site on Sunday, it did not seem to log me out. Hopefully, that's fixed too.

Still the website is way too busy. A simple well thought out site it is not. The Amwager site, though not perfect, is a vastly superior wagering interface.

However, since there has been some improvement recently, could you pass along a couple of more suggestions?

One nice feature available in the Youbet Classic, and Wager Pro, was that if you clicked on a horse's name, besides the breeding stats (which are still there), you had the horse's history of races and workouts (still available) and also a link to the race chart for each race. Presently, you can get the race replay, but not the race chart. Would appreciate having an option to get the race chart.

Also, it would be nice if your account balance was displayed on screen (maybe as an option), without having to click the "Balance" button which very unsubtly brings up the "deposit" option which is way too easy to accidentally click (I'm sure intentionally).

Thanks for listening.
win is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-01-2020, 12:28 AM   #22
metro

Quote:
Not sure what I did to ruffle your feathers, but....sorry to disappoint.

I worked my way through college for two degrees, one at the Race Track Industry Program (a long way from my home in KY) and have no relatives in the industry. I worked at almost every level at many racetracks and circuits over the past 28 or so years and only work in this industry because I am an avid horseracing fan.

As always, I'm searching for the constructive criticism in these comments, rather than nothing works, it sucks, was better before, etc. Perhaps you'd like to hear some of the upgrades, like being able to switch legs on exotics seamlessly, more data, etc....

I'm always available if you feel you aren't getting rewarded what you are worth. It's a free country, do what you wish. Take advantage of our freebies and our promos. No reason to be nasty.
"switch legs on exotics seamlessly?" How about just getting the wagering pad to load on mobile?

When you guys switched platforms last week, and triggered my original post, the only thing that came up when I clicked on a track from the list was the top banner showing the track name, race number, minutes to post, race conditions and the icon for video. The bottom banner came up as well with it's various icons but the middle section, the actually wagering screen, was blank.

An e-mail was replied to with the standard "clear your cache and cookies." I did and it did nothing, other than wiping out all my favorite sites on my phone.

Next suggestion was to call technical support. No thanks, there are plenty of ADW sites that I have no issues wagering with, mobile or otherwise. I won't have to adjust my phone to meet their tech standards.

fwiw I use an Iphone 5 version 10.3.3 with all updates current. It surely is somewhat outdated by today's standards but if it works for other ADW sites not sure why it wouldn't work with Twinspires, or your sister site, Keeneland Select.

Last edited by metro; 09-01-2020 at 12:32 AM.
metro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-01-2020, 05:23 AM   #23
Garbage7

Right On

I think the only words they know are clear your cache and cookies-glad to be giving them the heave ho today-Of the 4 or 5 adw's that I use there are occasionally minor blips-Twinspires logging me out is an issue I no longer have to deal with-
Garbage7 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-01-2020, 09:56 AM   #24
Brass Hat

It is a minor thing,appreciate your response.
Brass Hat is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-01-2020, 10:54 AM   #25
jay68802

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesal57 View Post
hey jay....

hows the service when you go over your allotted 4g data using Hot Spot?
Do not have a data cap.
Old 09-01-2020, 03:59 PM   #26
Stevecsd2

Didn't log me out overnight

I had the opposite problem from Thaskalos about getting logged out unexpectedly.

I the previous version if I forgot to logout at the end of the day it automatically logged me out.

But when I came back to my computer on Saturday morning I was still logged in at Twinspires.

Spicemaster, you might want to check the automatic user logout settings.
Stevecsd2 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-01-2020, 10:11 PM   #27
jahura2

Quote:
Thanks jay68802 and trifecta.....I will pass along. Hopefully we can get that straightened out.
Spice, the complaint I have is regarding replays of past races.The old format was very user friendly. The new one not so much. Most of the time when I call up a specific race the screen just stays a blank blue. This happens most of the time. When I talked with customer service they just told me to clear my browser and log back in, well this worked for one replay and went back to the same problem after that. I cannot keep logging off and back on . Have you had this complaint before?
jahura2 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-02-2020, 12:55 PM   #28
JohnGalt1

Spicemaster.

Thanks for being here.

I've been a salesman for 40 years and customer service is the backbone of good business.

I like you have brought back classic betting interface.

What happened to the original account history?

I liked that it had the the total dollars wagered, unlike the new version. I try to keep accurate records of my bets.

So if I bet today I'd like to check tomorrow my results. Late scratches could affect my total betting handle.
JohnGalt1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-02-2020, 01:07 PM   #29
jay68802

Video streaming.

Notice that TS uses two different video platforms. I think one is Flash and the other is called Endeavour.

Endeavour is much better. Why is this not used for all tracks?
Old 09-02-2020, 04:28 PM   #30
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Not sure what I did to ruffle your feathers, but....sorry to disappoint.

I worked my way through college for two degrees, one at the Race Track Industry Program (a long way from my home in KY) and have no relatives in the industry. I worked at almost every level at many racetracks and circuits over the past 28 or so years and only work in this industry because I am an avid horseracing fan.

As always, I'm searching for the constructive criticism in these comments, rather than nothing works, it sucks, was better before, etc. Perhaps you'd like to hear some of the upgrades, like being able to switch legs on exotics seamlessly, more data, etc....

I'm always available if you feel you aren't getting rewarded what you are worth. It's a free country, do what you wish. Take advantage of our freebies and our promos. No reason to be nasty.
In simple terms, your old Classic View was PERFECT.
EVERYTHING you have now SUCKS. Why did you upgrade? What was broken? Did you survey customers before you took away the Classic? As far as I am concerned, both TS and BRIS made "updates" that no one wanted and both sites are much more crappy for the wasted efforts.

You old Classic was seamless to get to anything and with multiple tracks on your screen at all times. I don't see how anything you have now is even close what you threw away.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: