Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 02-16-2011, 11:54 PM   #1
newtothegame

Obama admin to rebuke Isreal???

And here I thought we were concerned about the middle east?
Maybe we are concerned...just not how I thought we were....
Oh well...what's one more ally under the bus...

Policy Reversal: U.S. Announces Rebuke of Israel Before the UN Security Council
  • Posted on February 16, 2011 at 10:39pm by
On Friday, the United States informed Arab governments that it intends to support a U.N. Security Council resolution stating that it “does not accept the legitimacy of continued Israeli settlement activity,” a move that U.S. diplomats hoped would help bypass a veto dispute over a stronger Palestinian resolution which would condemn the settlements as illegal.

But according to a report from the Turtle Bay UN blog at Foreign Policy, the Palestinians rejected the American offer late Wednesday and insisted they would press for a vote on their own resolution Friday. “The decision to reject the American offer raised the prospects that the Obama administration may cast its first ever veto in the U.N. Security Council,” the report stated.

Perhaps more significant, however, the U.S. offer signaled a willingness to break with its key ally and join others in the council in condemning construction of new Israeli settlements.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/poli...urity-council/

Well, considering all of the problems here at home, I have maintained that we shouldnt be in others affairs. This is no different for me....Obama and his admin need to keep their nose out of it. Does he think we are some how winning brownie points with the palestinians?
Maybe Iran?
Why say anything at what I believe to be an irrelevant UN anyways?
Wouldnt abstaining be better? Just don't vote!
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men,deriving their just powers from the consent of the
governed.
newtothegame is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-17-2011, 09:15 AM   #2
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Our govt is on the wrong side here.
If he does this, it is a no-brainer that I will support Israel and not the USA.
I am not alone.

We held the German and Japanese people accountable for their government's during WWII...looks like it is now our turn.

FUBO
Old 02-17-2011, 09:18 AM   #3
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

But will you "support Israel" the way our Gov't has for years and years? That is, will you send them money and lots of it?
I am all about 'supporting Israel', just not financially the way we have been. It's ridiculous what we give them.
Old 02-17-2011, 12:29 PM   #4
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomOnTour
But will you "support Israel" the way our Gov't has for years and years? That is, will you send them money and lots of it?
I am all about 'supporting Israel', just not financially the way we have been. It's ridiculous what we give them.
I see. So we support them, how exactly: By sending Netanyahu a Hanukkah card every year? We give Israel our moral support with mere talk, but no walk?

Boxcar
Old 02-17-2011, 12:34 PM   #5
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar
I see. So we support them, how exactly: By sending Netanyahu a Hanukkah card every year? We give Israel our moral support with mere talk, but no walk?

Boxcar
I didn't say to cut them off totally, now did I? Another wrong and exaggerated inference by Boxcar...not surprising.
Tell me, do you think we give Israel too much money and weapons, not enough, or the just the right amount?
Old 02-17-2011, 12:38 PM   #6
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

I'll answer - Iran still exists.
Nowhere near enough.
Old 02-17-2011, 12:42 PM   #7
Native Texan III

As God's chosen people, why do they need little old us to support them for the last 64 years. Time they made up with their self made enemies and stood on their own two feet.

"As mentioned in the Book of Exodus, the Hebrew people are God's chosen people, and from them shall come the Messiah, or redeemer of the world. The Israelites also possess the "Word of God" and/or "Law of God" in the form of the Torah as communicated by God to Moses"
Native Texan III is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-17-2011, 12:44 PM   #8
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
I'll answer - Iran still exists.
Nowhere near enough.
Are you making any private contributions? i'm quite sure Israel would keep the money if you sent it....after all, Iran still exists.
Old 02-17-2011, 12:49 PM   #9
boxcar

Quote:
I didn't say to cut them off totally, now did I? Another wrong and exaggerated inference by Boxcar...not surprising.
Tell me, do you think we give Israel too much money and weapons, not enough, or the just the right amount?
Well, the way you worded your previous post, the U.S. could stuff a Benjamin every year in that Hanukkah card and still call it support. This is what happens when you wax deliberately vague.

As for the our foreign aid to Israel: They are one of the very, very, very few friends we have on this planet -- so, we should listen carefully to their needs and support them anyway we can. And if the tab gets too high, we could reduce our welfare payments to numerous countries on the planet who would be our enemies in either case. And we should also cut drastically what we give the U.N. And if those cuts don't cut it (bad pun intended), then we could look domestically and reduce our welfare payments to corporations and and people. There's plenty of fat to be trimmed. So, I wouldn't sweat our aid to Israel, which is really a drop in a bucket compared to all the money we waste elsewhere.

Boxcar
Old 02-17-2011, 12:52 PM   #10
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar
Well, the way you worded your previous post, the U.S. could stuff a Benjamin every year in that Hanukkah card and still call it support. This is what happens when you wax deliberately vague.

As for the our foreign aid to Israel: They are one of the very, very, very few friends we have on this planet -- so, we should listen carefully to their needs and support them anyway we can. And if the tab gets too high, we could reduce our welfare payments to numerous countries on the planet who would be our enemies in either case. And we should also cut drastically what we give the U.N. And if those cuts don't cut it (bad pun intended), then we could look domestically and reduce our welfare payments to corporations and and people. There's plenty of fat to be trimmed. So, I wouldn't sweat our aid to Israel, which is really a drop in a bucket compared to all the money we waste elsewhere.

Boxcar
Nice, but do you think we give too much, not enough, or just the right amount?
I say we give them WAY too much money and weapons/military stuff. Don't have exact figs in front of me but it's a staggering sum to be sure.
Are you making any private contributions to Israel?

And are you saying we should stuff Netanyahu in a Hanukkah card?
Old 02-17-2011, 12:56 PM   #11
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Are you making any private contributions? i'm quite sure Israel would keep the money if you sent it....after all, Iran still exists.
Yes, it is called taxes.
Old 02-17-2011, 12:58 PM   #12
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Time they made up with their self made enemies and stood on their own two feet.
When you neighbors are nothing more than animals, it is hard to make up with them. If you recall your history, it is their stinking savage neighbors who started the wars.
Old 02-17-2011, 12:59 PM   #13
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
Yes, it is called taxes.
But in post #6 you said, "not nearly enough". So what are you doing about that? If it's not nearly enough (and Iran still exists) why aren't you giving more?
Old 02-17-2011, 01:17 PM   #14
boxcar

Quote:
Nice, but do you think we give too much, not enough, or just the right amount?
I say we give them WAY too much money and weapons/military stuff. Don't have exact figs in front of me but it's a staggering sum to be sure.
Are you making any private contributions to Israel?

And are you saying we should stuff Netanyahu in a Hanukkah card?
Yeah, I send the Prime Minister a Benji every year in that card. And I'm sure you personally match the per capita donation the federal government makes to domestic welfare recipients?

And why do you try to put words into my mouth?

Boxcar
Old 02-17-2011, 01:18 PM   #15
GaryG
Unreconstructed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native Texan III
Time they made up with their self made enemies and stood on their own two feet.
And how do you expect them to make up with savages who will be satisfied only with their destruction? The rhetoric gets curious when we have a muslim in the white house.