Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 02-05-2010, 11:54 AM   #1
lsbets

I can only imagine the comments if this was Fox

NBC Cafeteria Celebrates Black History Month With Fried Chicken Special

http://www.mediaite.com/online/nbc-c...icken-special/
lsbets is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-05-2010, 12:06 PM   #2
boxcar

Stereotyping at its finest.

Boxcar
Old 02-05-2010, 12:39 PM   #3
NJ Stinks

I guess if they served ravioli and meatballs on Christopher Columbus Day Italians everywhere would be insulted too?
Old 02-05-2010, 12:42 PM   #4
Greyfox

Fried Chicken Racist? Collard Greens? That's Fuzzy logic.

[YT=""That's Fuzzy Thinking""]9ufpU3X-t4w [/YT]
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-05-2010, 03:23 PM   #5
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsbets
I can only imagine the comments if this was Fox
I'm happy that you can imagine them, because you wouldn't have gotten any actual comments. At least not from me. Conservatives are the ones who excel at making mountains out of molehills. (And this isn't even a molehill).
Maybe that's because the have no actual issues to talk about. Libs on the other hand prefer to post on items of substance.
Old 02-05-2010, 03:42 PM   #6
lsbets

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost
I'm happy that you can imagine them, because you wouldn't have gotten any actual comments. At least not from me. Conservatives are the ones who excel at making mountains out of molehills. (And this isn't even a molehill).
Maybe that's because the have no actual issues to talk about. Libs on the other hand prefer to post on items of substance.
Really? I think you are delusional. Have you ever seen KO? The poster boy of the demented left, you know him. He would do a special commentary on it, probably blame Scott Brown somehow. I find it funny. Some employees at NBC found it funny enough to take the picture and post it, and then NBC took the sign down. But if Fox served fried chicken for black history month, I have no doubt you and your comrades would be having a conniption.
lsbets is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-05-2010, 04:42 PM   #7
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Libs on the other hand prefer to post on items of substance. [img]images/UBGX/E5.gif[/img]
Dyslexia?
I think you mixed up some words. Did you mean.....prefer to post some items on a substance?
Old 02-05-2010, 09:08 PM   #8
Steve 'StatMan'
Traded By Cubs

Wasn't there a recent complaint of a school doing that somewhere, and some complaints came up? I think it was posted about on here too.

Not sure who is doing the complaining and who is doing the planning. From the video and who did the planning for NBC, perhaps there are differing opinions on this within the African-American Community. I know seeing things from the turn of the prior century, and even 50-60 years agon, there were a lot of insensitive and worse things that were planned or presented by the mainstream world (entertainment, business, etc.)

Not sure what to make of this. Cafeteria food is cafeteria food. You can order it or something else. Don't know if cases like this are insensitive - yes, as others have pointed out, the types of food on St. Patrick's Day or maybe Columbus Day. I do have one friend from Ireland, quite involved with a religious order here and very knowledable about cuisine, who says that Corned Beef & Cabbage on St. Patrick's day is an insult, that day is a big religious & countrywide feast day in Ireland and they eat their best food on that day - corned beef & cabbage to them is like common or lower food, definitely not their top of the line holiday food over there.
Steve 'StatMan' is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-05-2010, 10:37 PM   #9
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

I'm half Irish and I love CB&C. And I have it on St Patty's Day every year (among many others) and drink Green Beer and piss green the next day. Big deal. I don't care what the day is over there, I am over here, and this how I celebrate it. And if they have a problem with that, I would tell them "Pogue muhone!" and tell them another good old Irish tradition is a punch in the nose!