Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 11-16-2017, 11:37 AM   #1
MONEY

Sen. Al Franken Apologizes

Sen. Al Franken Apologizes After He's Accused of Kissing and Groping Woman Without Her Consent

"Leeann Tweeden took to Twitter on Thursday to accuse the Minnesota Democrat and former Saturday Night Live star of touching her breasts as she was sleeping while the two were on a USO Tour to entertain troops in December 2006."

http://people.com/politics/al-franke...thout-consent/
Old 11-16-2017, 11:56 AM   #2
OntheRail

Well I guess that puts a pitchfork in the 2020 FrankenStein ticket...
Old 11-16-2017, 11:57 AM   #3
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by OntheRail View Post
Well I guess that puts a pitchfork in the 2020 FrankenStein ticket...
Of course it doesn't. He's a democrat...remember that.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-16-2017, 12:00 PM   #4
Marshall Bennett

He's a liberal democrat. This is routine by nature so it isn't a surprise nor embarrassing to anyone. Standards in morality only apply to the right.
I've always thought of him as garbage anyway.
Marshall Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-16-2017, 12:06 PM   #5
Burls
Veteran

Okay, Folks, let's get the ball rolling on this one.
He didn't actually GRAB her breasts as she claims in the tweet.
He held his hands in front of them, but didn't actually touch them while a third party took the photo.
Wouldn't she have woken up if he actually grabbed them when she nodded off in a chair?
It was a tasteless joke at her expense, I agree.
But groping? ... Come on.

Give me your best reply here because you're good enough, you're smart enough, and doggone it, people like you.
Burls is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-16-2017, 12:18 PM   #6
davew

they were in an airplane or helicopter or something - the picture is not as bad as the force kiss in 'rehearsal'

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 11-16-2017 at 01:56 PM.
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-16-2017, 01:34 PM   #7
woodtoo

This is what children do, totally acceptable by Franken's IQ.
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-16-2017, 02:22 PM   #8
Clocker

Here we go again?

Quote:
Melanie Morgan @MelMorgan1350 Yes, it’s true. I was stalked and harassed by Al Franken. I will have details @MediaEqualizer shortly.
11:04 AM - Nov 16, 2017
https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/20...steps-forward/
Old 11-16-2017, 02:48 PM   #9
ElKabong

Not one post in this thread by any of the more vocal libs on here?? Dan was all over the Moore accusations, but nary a peep here from him or his ilk

Funny shit.
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-16-2017, 02:53 PM   #10
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
Not one post in this thread by any of the more vocal libs on here?? Dan was all over the Moore accusations, but nary a peep here from him or his ilk

Funny shit.
Same story in the Senate.

Quote:
Alice Ollstein @AliceOllstein Lot more Senators on phone calls to avoid talking to the press today as Al Franken sexual harassment accusations roil Capitol Hill.
10:07 AM - Nov 16, 2017
Quote:
Brian Stelter @brianstelter Schumer avoiding Q's about Franken? Sure looks that way. Per @TedBarrettCNN, @SenSchumer has cancelled his 12:30pm news conference...
9:56 AM - Nov 16, 2017
https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/20...ng-al-franken/
Old 11-16-2017, 03:00 PM   #11
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
When you read Melanie Morgan's account of Franken's stalking behavior, it's troubling. The guy is in need of help, doesn't belong in the Senate. When a woman says Bug Off Creep, you don't get her home phone number and call multiple times. This has effectively ended his career as a Senator even if he keeps his chair

Snippage>>>>>By the third phone call I was outraged and terrified, as he is really disturbed,” Morgan recounted.

Morgan said Franken finally left her alone, but only after she pushed back and threatened “to call the police and make a report that he was harassing me.”
To this day, she says she is haunted by it: “I never forgot that experience and it informed me of his lack of character and obsessive personality. I believe every word Leann wrote.”

With many calling on Republican Alabama U.S. Senate candidate Judge Roy Moore to step aside following claims of sexual misconduct from decades ago, will Franken be asked to resign as senator?

“I will happily testify before the Senate Ethics Committee, should a hearing be held regarding Franken’s behavior,” Morgan added.
Old 11-16-2017, 03:18 PM   #12
FantasticDan
gelding

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
Not one post in this thread by any of the more vocal libs on here?? Dan was all over the Moore accusations, but nary a peep here from him or his ilk. Funny shit.
First off, there are no "vocal libs" on this forum. And I posted 3 or 4 times in the Moore thread, usually links to articles. Meanwhile you have page after page of the usual alt-right dregs defending him..

That picture of Franken with Tweedon is the height of sophomoric stupidity, which Franken admits to. But the picture was taken by the trip's official photographer and shared with Tweedon at the time, so that supports his claim that it was meant as a "joke".

Regardless, I don't have a problem with any elected or public officials being hung out to dry after substantiated accusations of sexual misconduct.
FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-16-2017, 03:24 PM   #13
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan View Post
First off, there are no "vocal libs" on this forum. And I posted 3 or 4 times in the Moore thread, usually links to articles. Meanwhile you have page after page of the usual alt-right dregs defending him..

That picture of Franken with Tweedon is the height of sophomoric stupidity, which Franken admits to. But the picture was taken by the trip's official photographer and shared with Tweedon at the time, so that supports his claim that it was meant as a "joke".

Regardless, I don't have a problem with any elected or public officials being hung out to dry after substantiated accusations of sexual misconduct.
May I ask, have the charges against Moore been substantiated? Unlike Moore there is photographic evidence of Franken's creepy behavior. You know there is another accuser of Sen. Franken, does the second accuser mean the charges are substantiated?
Show Me the Wire is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-16-2017, 03:27 PM   #14
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan View Post

Tweeden doesn't sound like she liked the "joke", correct? Did you read her comments about that, as well as Franken pressing for a kiss she didn't approve of? ....She didn't approve yet he pressed on. Pretty much the definition of harrassment

Melanie Morgan's comments are as damning, she's willing to testify her account. If it were just her, I'd blow this off. But there's a pattern here of harrassment you can't deny. You try to minimize as best you can (weak) but the harassing behavior is what it is
Old 11-16-2017, 03:30 PM   #15
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
Now we have just as much of a case against Franken as we do against Moore.
Obviously m he must step down.

Right Danny?