Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 08-16-2018, 05:32 PM   #91
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall View Post
Harry, do you think you win anyone over to your opinion with these posts, or is it just fun and games for you, just sumpthin' to do?
No way. My devious sneaky plan is when Chump is booted out, and when most cultists here return to normal, I will get to say "I told you so"

I also follow the news. Yes MSM, and figuring out what will happen is interesting and challenging. I also get to get fresh manic updates on Trumps cultist views.

Always amazing
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-16-2018, 05:40 PM   #92
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
No problem... works better for me though.

Having fundamental problems with both the left and "new" right in this country is very liberating.
Liberating? Gotta admit if you don't get to depressed, there is some amazing stuff going on
Old 08-16-2018, 05:47 PM   #93
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
Liberating? Gotta admit if you don't get to depressed, there is some amazing stuff going on
Fascinating times...

American Democracy though is too inefficient (? probably the best word) for someone like Trump to have lasting impact.

Despite what everyone on here would have you believe the country is actually moving more left than right under this administration but... <shrug> its a weird left... Trumpism will be a subject talked about in Universities in a decade or two.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-16-2018, 05:48 PM   #94
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
No way. My devious sneaky plan is when Chump is booted out, and when most cultists here return to normal, I will get to say "I told you so"

I also follow the news. Yes MSM, and figuring out what will happen is interesting and challenging. I also get to get fresh manic updates on Trumps cultist views.

Always amazing

I'm starting to believe PA Mike pays you to post here, creating more traffic for his site.....After all, the majority of right-wingers that make up this board need their daily intake of liberal red meat......Next.
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-16-2018, 05:59 PM   #95
davew

Quote:
I'm starting to believe PA Mike pays you to post here, creating more traffic for his site.....After all, the majority of right-wingers that make up this board need their daily intake of liberal red meat......Next.
not just right-wing, but mostly moderate
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-16-2018, 06:25 PM   #96
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
The current situation on the ground... that he's consulting on...

Its quite apparent from this whole thread that absolutely none of you understand how security clearances work.
Did I totally miss this? What “situation on the ground” is he consulting on? And consulting who?
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-16-2018, 06:33 PM   #97
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:
[

Thanks elysiantraveller

#DoAsISayNotAsIDo
#IHaveHigherStandardsForOthersThanIDoMyself
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-16-2018, 06:39 PM   #98
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fager Fan View Post
Did I totally miss this? What “situation on the ground” is he consulting on? And consulting who?
Retirees with security clearances are sometimes tapped for insight on current situations.

My example was a CIA station operator in Southeast Asia who recently retired. The situation has changed and his replacement is calling him to let him know the lay of the land and seek his opinion.

This stuff is quite common in any industry.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-16-2018, 07:20 PM   #99
Burls
Veteran

Quote:
Retirees with security clearances are sometimes tapped for insight on current situations.

My example was a CIA station operator in Southeast Asia who recently retired. The situation has changed and his replacement is calling him to let him know the lay of the land and seek his opinion.

This stuff is quite common in any industry.
Fat Donny has that covered.
All he has to do is call on expert-of-evertything Jared Kusher.
There's no need to call in any recently retired area experts.
Remember: Fat Donny solemnly promised the American people that he would always bring in the BEST people to tackle every problem.
Burls is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-16-2018, 07:43 PM   #100
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burls View Post
Fat Donny has that covered.
All he has to do is call on expert-of-evertything Jared Kusher.
There's no need to call in any recently retired area experts.
Remember: Fat Donny solemnly promised the American people that he would always bring in the BEST people to tackle every problem.

Swing and a miss, strike two Pal......Try harder, or is that all you've got, 'cause ya need more than that.
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-16-2018, 08:09 PM   #101
ElKabong

Quote:
[

Thanks elysiantraveller
The whole Russia Meddled in our Election thingy was on Obama's watch. So yeah, the card is played at my convenience. Every day, all day long if I cared to.

The economy is rolling along just fine. Enjoy ( or be miserable)
ElKabong is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-16-2018, 08:33 PM   #102
MargieRose

Quote:
Gotta dig deeper than the sound bite. Rand Paul has had a hard-on for Brennan long before Trump and #MAGA were even a thing. He led the filibuster against him in 2013. His reasoning has nothing to do with limiting security clearances by people... he, like Trump, just doesn't like Brennan. Pointblankperiod.

Paul has just disliked Brennan a helluva lot longer than Trump.

Occams Razor
Well, as it has turned out, Paul's opinion of Brennan should have been taken much more seriously a long time ago. Obama screwed up, but then again, maybe he didn't.
MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-16-2018, 11:24 PM   #103
FantasticDan
gelding

Big time rebuke.

FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-16-2018, 11:29 PM   #104
hcap

Quote:
Fascinating times...

American Democracy though is too inefficient (? probably the best word) for someone like Trump to have lasting impact.

Despite what everyone on here would have you believe the country is actually moving more left than right under this administration but... <shrug> its a weird left... Trumpism will be a subject talked about in Universities in a decade or two.
Thankfully traditional institutions(and I am on the left)come to bear against him. Even those on the alt right will reach a point where Trump is beyond par. At least that's what will happen short term. Longer tern demographics support the country moving left. Education also assists the leftwards move.

The Faux Noos generation is diminishing and their audience will be almost gone in 10-15 years. Trump will be a blip or maybe a "blimp" on the graph.

Last edited by hcap; 08-16-2018 at 11:36 PM.
Old 08-16-2018, 11:31 PM   #105
hcap

Quote:
And a villain. Glad to oblige. Badge of honor worn proudly.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: