Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

View Poll Results: Toughest Athlete(s)
Football 5 9.62%
Aussie Rules Football 5 9.62%
Hockey 15 28.85%
Boxing 9 17.31%
MMA 8 15.38%
Basketball 0 0%
Soccer 2 3.85%
Wrestling 2 3.85%
NASCAR 0 0%
Other 6 11.54%
Voters: 52. This poll is closed

Old 08-16-2018, 07:00 PM   #46
MutuelClerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Drop Husker View Post
I've always been absolutely confounded by why Hockey players always seem to win these polls.

It is a sport of rather small men compared to other sports, yet get such high regard because they "fight".

People do realize that Boxers and MMA guys actually do.... ahem...., fight, right?

Put ANY hockey player on any other mat, field, pitch, or octagon, and they would get their ass kicked.
First of all, like most sports hockey players aren't that small anymore. Boxing and MMA I have all the respect for but after they do fight. They dont fight again for another six months if they're elite. Hockey playoffs are every other day. Pounding each other, hopefully round after round until you get your name on the greatest trophy in sports.

Put any of those guys on skates and they get their asses kicked. So there is that.
MutuelClerk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-18-2018, 07:58 AM   #47
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutuelClerk View Post
First of all, like most sports hockey players aren't that small anymore. Boxing and MMA I have all the respect for but after they do fight. They dont fight again for another six months if they're elite. Hockey playoffs are every other day. Pounding each other, hopefully round after round until you get your name on the greatest trophy in sports.

Put any of those guys on skates and they get their asses kicked. So there is that.

Ever heard of sparring? Boxing isn't the NFL, training can be just as demanding as the actual fight.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-18-2018, 08:15 AM   #48
MutuelClerk

I've heard of sparring. It's practice against an opponent that isn't near as good as you. Boxing and MMA guys are really tough. On game day you're in a ring with a guy that basically wants to hurt you and possibly kill you. That is a mindset no other athlete really faces. I understand that. Boxers back in the day of Ray Robinson, Joe Louis fought almost monthly. That takes it to an entirely new level. I have immense respect how tough they are. LDH had to rip on hockey players to make his point. That's usually a tell that you're out of facts. My response was sinking to his level in a defense of hockey players.
MutuelClerk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-29-2018, 06:01 PM   #49
HHE10
BANNED

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
Boxing
Probably between boxing and rugby. Boxing is straight up blows to the head which lead to concussions and brain damage and rugby is the same thing. No equipment (only those cap things on there head)
HHE10 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-03-2018, 06:40 PM   #50
HalvOnHorseracing

Considering how many times soccer players writhe on the ground in intense pain during a game, only to dig deep and play through the terrible pain, they must be the toughest.
HalvOnHorseracing is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-03-2018, 09:01 PM   #51
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalvOnHorseracing View Post
Considering how many times soccer players writhe on the ground in intense pain during a game, only to dig deep and play through the terrible pain, they must be the toughest.

Watching the world cup recently a guy who at worst knocked knees with an opposing player laid on the ground almost motionless for a couple minutes, he fell like he had been shot in the head. He was helped off by two teammates putting no weight on his leg, this was with only minutes left in the game. When the final gun sounded no more than 5 minutes later he was jumping up and down celebrating victory with his teammates. How those guys pull that crap without getting called out on it is beyond me. Soccer players definitely get the drama queen awards, hands down.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-03-2018, 09:16 PM   #52
HalvOnHorseracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
Watching the world cup recently a guy who at worst knocked knees with an opposing player laid on the ground almost motionless for a couple minutes, he fell like he had been shot in the head. He was helped off by two teammates putting no weight on his leg, this was with only minutes left in the game. When the final gun sounded no more than 5 minutes later he was jumping up and down celebrating victory with his teammates. How those guys pull that crap without getting called out on it is beyond me. Soccer players definitely get the drama queen awards, hands down.
Jack Youngblood played with a broken leg. All soccer teams should have his picture in their locker room!
HalvOnHorseracing is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: