Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 07-31-2018, 10:40 PM   #16
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultracapper View Post
I normally wouldn't do this, but it's so comical, I'm going to lay it out there.

This will make a lot of stomachs hurt, but it will also give you a lot of hope since a guy like me is actually out there.

Since May1, I have placed $25,360 of bets and cashed $7,057.70 of tickets.

For those of you that would like to take advantage of this free money, you will find me in the win and place pools in SoCal, playing maidens and N2Ls.

"If you want it, here it is, come and get it."

WOW!! I'm just rocked.

I have a newfound respect for you Ultra, as it takes real courage and humility to post what you did.....With that said, flush the whole thing, throw it away, tomorrow is a brand new start....Good Luck.
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-31-2018, 11:15 PM   #17
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall View Post
I have a newfound respect for you Ultra, as it takes real courage and humility to post what you did.....With that said, flush the whole thing, throw it away, tomorrow is a brand new start....Good Luck.
You didn't have respect for Ultracapper before today?

Last edited by thaskalos; 07-31-2018 at 11:16 PM.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-01-2018, 11:29 AM   #18
ultracapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 098poi View Post
This is interesting. I decided to like at my Twinspires history. I normally don't bet. I go in and out of funding my account. My history only goes back to the beginning of the year. I was surprised. My total wagers were $1417.00. It looks like I deposited about $660.00 and I can't tell if I had some in from last year. My Win% was 23 but I usually bet 2 horses to win and occasional exacta so that doesn't tell me much.

My return was terrible so I too had a big loss on the dollar.
My current balance is $.90.

The good news is when I sort by wager I made 25 Show bets and won 12 for 48%. Wagered $61 and returned $56.90.

8 wins were over $3.00 and 2 of those were $11.60. I don't know what my method was at those times but if I was a little more discerning on the odds I might be on to something.

(I had no idea I made so many Show bets!)

Keeping records is a must I guess but the truth hurts sometimes.
Like I said, if you would have asked me before I looked, I would have never guessed I had bet that much over the previous 3 months. I looked it over last night, line by line. I lost $280 one night goofing off with my wife playing LosAl Quarters. Again, if you would have asked me that night how much I lost, I would have said, "Oh, about $100".
ultracapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-01-2018, 11:38 AM   #19
ultracapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall View Post
Ah Geez, RR. We all get on the wrong side of one another now and then. No worries. Thanks for the post. I appreciate it.
Old 08-01-2018, 11:55 AM   #20
ultracapper

There's a 4 figure bet in there on a 12/1 at SA that got 3rd in a blanket finish. If that one wins, I probably don't even start this thread, I probably don't go through the records as closely as I have, and I very well may carry on for a while longer as I have. That loss may be a blessing in disguise. Because this will get fixed. Now.
Old 08-01-2018, 02:04 PM   #21
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

Quote:
I normally wouldn't do this, but it's so comical, I'm going to lay it out there.

This will make a lot of stomachs hurt, but it will also give you a lot of hope since a guy like me is actually out there.

Since May1, I have placed $25,360 of bets and cashed $7,057.70 of tickets.

For those of you that would like to take advantage of this free money, you will find me in the win and place pools in SoCal, playing maidens and N2Ls.

"If you want it, here it is, come and get it."

WOW!! I'm just rocked.
Oh well, you will probably recover the losses someday...that’s what I always tell myself anyway...unless you start having unsettling dreams as a result of all this....
VigorsTheGrey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-01-2018, 05:19 PM   #22
ultracapper

I dream about little Miss Kristin all the time. What????
Old 08-01-2018, 07:36 PM   #23
Zman179
Registered Wacko

Don’t feel bad. If I looked at my ROI, I would have to grab a bottle of something.
Zman179 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-01-2018, 10:32 PM   #24
castaway01

Quote:
There's a 4 figure bet in there on a 12/1 at SA that got 3rd in a blanket finish. If that one wins, I probably don't even start this thread, I probably don't go through the records as closely as I have, and I very well may carry on for a while longer as I have. That loss may be a blessing in disguise. Because this will get fixed. Now.
That's what I told my dog and I haven't caught him since.

I wasn't going to make that joke because it's really bad. But then I figured, compared to your ROI it's pretty damn good, so why not?

Okay, with that out of the way, you've got some guts being honest about that on here, when you're surrounded by sharks turning a 50% profit.

So since you looked at the numbers, go in, figure out where you went wrong, and change your approach. If there's a track or a type of bet you can cut out, do it right now. Or at least tell me what you're betting because NJ has the betting exchange now and I can bet against it...I keed!

You'll be fine, you've got five months left in the year to go out of the red and into the black. Plenty o' time.
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-05-2018, 09:36 AM   #25
biggestal99

July 1-August 5 betfair exchange

221 markets

+455.36

Average. At least I made money.

Allan
biggestal99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-08-2018, 12:27 AM   #26
BMustang

I coach high school basketball and I play the horses.

There have been times in both of these careers that I have looked in the mirror and thought "Damn I'm Good." I've had thick envelopes in my sox drawer, filled with $100 bills.

There have also been times in both careers that I have looked in that same mirror and thought "How can I possibly be this bad." It is then that I find myself at the ATM machine hoping that I haven't exceeded my credit limit.

Both careers either depend on the reliability of teen age boys, or animals/racing luck.

IF you have enjoyed success in the past, my best advise is to enjoy the good times, and fight through the bad times.

If you've never experienced success, then you might consider betting on baseball. But then you might not know anything about baseball.

Last edited by BMustang; 08-08-2018 at 12:29 AM.
BMustang is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-08-2018, 01:21 AM   #27
dlivery

You never Look Back

This is a world from when we realized this
Why were we born and when we find out
Why are we Here
dlivery is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-08-2018, 11:04 AM   #28
CincyHorseplayer

I'm at a 23% loss on the year. I haven't played much. Played mostly big stakes days. Crushed on derby day but went 0 fer on Belmont day. NYRA has been uninspiring for me this season. Small dirt fields and IMO very often biased turf courses haven't inspired me. I'm making unimaginative and/or mechanistic plays. Not my best work. Been very busy this summer to get into a groove with racing. A little turf burnout too. Have a plan though. Am going to be on track all September playing dirt only! Play Keeneland in October then BC. Break in November then hopefully another fun and winning winter at Fair Grounds, Tampa, and Gulfstream. Can focus more in the winter when there is less to do. Til then wallowing in my mediocrity!
CincyHorseplayer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-08-2018, 01:11 PM   #29
ultracapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyHorseplayer View Post
I'm at a 23% loss on the year. I haven't played much. Played mostly big stakes days. Crushed on derby day but went 0 fer on Belmont day. NYRA has been uninspiring for me this season. Small dirt fields and IMO very often biased turf courses haven't inspired me. I'm making unimaginative and/or mechanistic plays. Not my best work. Been very busy this summer to get into a groove with racing. A little turf burnout too. Have a plan though. Am going to be on track all September playing dirt only! Play Keeneland in October then BC. Break in November then hopefully another fun and winning winter at Fair Grounds, Tampa, and Gulfstream. Can focus more in the winter when there is less to do. Til then wallowing in my mediocrity!
I can relate to this.
Old 08-16-2018, 12:59 AM   #30
mylthazz

I started around the beginning of May and only focus on Harness racing. Running way above expectation and waiting to crash down to earth. I've given up on Monticello and their 6 horse fields and hope to figure out Yonkers one day.

Betting Win:

Exactas:

Last edited by mylthazz; 08-16-2018 at 01:00 AM.
mylthazz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: