Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 08-11-2017, 12:51 AM   #76
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
There will be no nuclear war or nukes launched on either side. We have the capability to prevent that from ever happening, while at the same time thoroughly neutering NK.
How?
Old 08-11-2017, 01:24 AM   #77
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

So I guess Dennis Rodman's recent visit didn't calm things down...
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-11-2017, 09:04 AM   #78
woodtoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor View Post
How?
Economically, thru trade with China.
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-11-2017, 09:12 AM   #79
woodtoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
You don't get credit for manufacturing a crises and then solving said crises.

That would be like me taking a shit and then being congratulated for flushing.

A political example would be Kennedy and the Cuban Missile Crises. Needlessly bringing the world to the brink.

Furthermore Trump said any more threats and we attack. They threatened... again...

I also want to make it very clear that I do understand a war may be necessary. What I find appalling is how many of you are super enthused about the way this president is potentially ambling into one.
He is confronting a problem that others have kicked down the road for decades. China owns NK and PDJT knows, that black cloud overhead is not global warming. This problem needs solving and solve he will.

Would you rather he capitulate ?
Old 08-11-2017, 09:15 AM   #80
chadk66

Bottom line is the little fat guy will cease to exist the minute he launches a missile at Guam. He knows that.
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-11-2017, 10:48 AM   #81
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
You don't get credit for manufacturing a crises and then solving said crises.

That would be like me taking a shit and then being congratulated for flushing.

A political example would be Kennedy and the Cuban Missile Crises. Needlessly bringing the world to the brink.

Furthermore Trump said any more threats and we attack. They threatened... again...

I also want to make it very clear that I do understand a war may be necessary. What I find appalling is how many of you are super enthused about the way this president is potentially ambling into one.
Why are you appalled? Some of us are enthused because Trump is smart enough to not go down the same ol' worn out, beaten, useless, fruitless path of appeasement taken by all other previous administrations, beginning first and foremost with Clinton. This path of appeasement is what has brought the world to the point it is now. But if you think NK is bad, you have seen nothing once Iran flexes it's nuclear muscles, thanks to Obama.
Old 08-11-2017, 12:17 PM   #82
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodtoo View Post
Economically, thru trade with China.
That would be the trade that Trump wants to kill off with punitive tariffs on Chinese imports?
Old 08-11-2017, 01:30 PM   #83
newtothegame

Quote:
Originally Posted by barn32 View Post
Mike said he lost money too, asshole. Are you going to give him your misguided shit too?

Learn how to read then come back and play.
Awww, did someone get their feelings hurt??? I mean using those big (hide behind a computer words) like calling me an asshole would indicate so.
But just as Ive told anyone and everyone else, you wish to take it to the gutter, I will be more then happy to oblige.
As to whether I told Mike about his money comment, NO I didn't. And not that I need to explain anything to you, here is why. Mike didn't bring up the money situation. He mentioned it in reply to you and your whining ass about losing money.
As to my ability to read, I must of read it correctly as it seems I have struck a nerve. Had my reply been incoherent or not legible, I am sure I wouldn't of gotten the response you sent.

However, to stay on topic.....In no way am I remotely concerned by a country that can not even keep its lights on at night. in no way I am concerned about a country that can barely feed its militia. In no way am I concerned about a country that has to use its military to push their broken down soviet era equipment. Hell, they still use some bi planes for their military!!!

Kim is crazy but not stupid. Does ANYONE here really think this guy would give up power?? A war (if you wish to even call it that) would mean he loses power and probably suffers the same fate as those other crazy despots from Libya and Iraq. That is NOT what he is after!

Show me anywhere that NK even remotely has the capability to put 50 tomahawk cruise missiles on target at a moments notice...(See the reprocussions Syria experienced for using chemicals).

Little kim is a kid who is trying to get his way. Problem is, Trump is NOT Obama or any of the past presidents who bent over backwards and have gotten us into the current predicament. NK has gotten its way for so long, that kim just thought this would be another pushover...WRONG F^%%$# answer little Kim!

Seoul might take a few barrages of soviet style artillery. Sure there may be some loss of life. But, it would be over before Kim could spell his name.
Right now its just a lot of blustering and sabre rattling by the little want to get my way fat guy.

Ps, the stock markets are finicky to sabre rattling and bluster....might I suggest a safer option.....invest in rolaids if you don't like what the current POTUS is doing!
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men,deriving their just powers from the consent of the
governed.
newtothegame is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-11-2017, 03:39 PM   #84
woodtoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
That would be the trade that Trump wants to kill off with punitive tariffs on Chinese imports?
Leverage Clocker, leverage.
Old 08-11-2017, 05:37 PM   #85
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodtoo View Post
Leverage Clocker, leverage.
What leverage? No tariffs on Chinese imports if they keep a short leash on Little Kim?
Old 08-11-2017, 05:49 PM   #86
mountainman

This fat punk is like a dog that charges right to the end of his yard and stops. He has no intention of launching at humans. He loves himself too much.

But he may render the jellyfish extinct.

Last edited by mountainman; 08-11-2017 at 05:54 PM.
mountainman is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-11-2017, 06:18 PM   #87
Clocker

The Global Times is a newspaper owned and run by the Chinese Communist Party. The paper is routinely used to unofficially announce government policy.

An editorial in the paper recently indicated that if the US initiated military action against NK, China would come to the aid of NK. And if NK initiated action, they were on their own.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/china-warns-north-korea-youre-on-your-own-if-you-go-after-the-us/2017/08/11/a01a4396-7e68-11e7-9026-4a0a64977c92_story.html
Old 08-11-2017, 07:04 PM   #88
Jess Hawsen Arown

These would be my words if I was President.

"The United States is NOT declaring war on North Korea. If North Korea wishes to declare war on The United States, we will immediately begin our attack on them. If North Korea states they are not declaring war on The United States, I would like to immediately begin negotiations to understand how we can end the verbal threats."
Jess Hawsen Arown is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-11-2017, 07:23 PM   #89
johnhannibalsmith

I'd tell you as president to let congress do the declarations and let's just pretend the last one never ended with this crew.

-Robert James Smith, 1989
johnhannibalsmith is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-11-2017, 07:25 PM   #90
_______
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess Hawsen Arown View Post
These would be my words if I was President.

"The United States is NOT declaring war on North Korea. If North Korea wishes to declare war on The United States, we will immediately begin our attack on them. If North Korea states they are not declaring war on The United States, I would like to immediately begin negotiations to understand how we can end the verbal threats."
The verbal threats are for the North Korean domestic audience. Pretty much everyone in the world outisde of Donald Trump and folks like you understand this.

North Korea is no threat to the United States. It cannot, in any sense, follow through on it's threats in a way that isn't suicide.

Meanwhile, we fritter away our own stature by taking rhetorical cues from a nation whose bizzare bluster would have remained laughable without our President sinking to their level.

In a sense, I guess it's the same rational. He is addressing his audience who seem to need constant reassurance that we really are badasses.
_______ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: