Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 08-09-2017, 06:01 PM   #46
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms62 View Post
Let me get this straight. You are the "War is messy guy".. Starving the enemy sure sucks it truly does. So the Gambler in you is analyzing the numbers and you choose to

1. Gamble that this nut isn't crazy enough to launch. Trust me if he doesn't he is a dead man in his country as he totally loses face.

2. Gamble Tens of millions of Lives in Korea, Maybe multiple times that in Japan and possible millions more in Hawaii on the fact that he won't be able to get any shots off cause our defenses will prohibit it. Mind you that in nuclear war they would need to work 100%, 99.9% isn't good enough and could mean tens of millions of lives lost.

I don't understand how you go from "War is Messy" to taking all the gamble so you aren't cruel to the enemy . All this in less than 2 hours.
Yeah, war is messy, and sometimes necessary. The failures of the past 20-30 years have brought us to war as a very real and necessary option.

Sorry you can't handle reality, and prefer some nice, clean NON-EXISTENT option that will fix everything and result in 0 casualties. I prefer to live in the real world.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-09-2017, 07:40 PM   #47
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
elysiantraveller, do not be so certain how long anything will take. One bad move by that moron and the United States will do root canals on all NK's underground facilities, and take President Trumps wording into account because it will be very close to reality despite what you think.
Just because Trump is president doesn't magically change how wars are fought or United States military capacity. It took 20 days for the United States to declare Air Supremacy over Iraq in 2003 and that's hiding air defenses in a desert not mountains.

Things like the F22 and F35 will enable us to achieve it quicker but if you think this stuff magically just "happens" it doesn't. It would take at minimum DAYS to achieve complete dominance. Certain hardened targets would still be functional and the whole time NK artillery is pounding a populace of 25 million people.

These are the facts regardless who is President.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-09-2017, 07:44 PM   #48
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Don't underestimate our military. They know where every launch site is. Cruise missiles and B-1/2 bombers I would think would be the preferred platforms
Old 08-09-2017, 07:49 PM   #49
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
Don't underestimate our military. They know where every launch site is. Cruise missiles and B-1/2 bombers I would think would be the preferred platforms
I'm not. But I'm also being realistic. 20 days for Air Supremacy over Iraq...

Cruise missiles and B1/2 bombers would be used right out of the gate but the second a B2 makes a funny turn or a B1 or cruise missile pops a bit too high over a hill and radar paints them the NK starts shelling. That was the OP.
Old 08-09-2017, 07:57 PM   #50
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
Just because Trump is president doesn't magically change how wars are fought or United States military capacity. It took 20 days for the United States to declare Air Supremacy over Iraq in 2003 and that's hiding air defenses in a desert not mountains.

Things like the F22 and F35 will enable us to achieve it quicker but if you think this stuff magically just "happens" it doesn't. It would take at minimum DAYS to achieve complete dominance. Certain hardened targets would still be functional and the whole time NK artillery is pounding a populace of 25 million people.

These are the facts regardless who is President.
Lets say you can stick with your projections, your entitled to be right some year yet to be determined.

A few things your not quite comfortable with:

This President has balls.
You have no idea what is available to our President.
Those 25 million are only commies.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-09-2017, 08:02 PM   #51
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Lets say you can stick with your projections, your entitled to be right some year yet to be determined.

A few things your not quite comfortable with:

This President has balls.
You have no idea what is available to our President.
Those 25 million are only South Korean Allies
This post has absolutely nothing of substance. Fixed you third point for you.
Old 08-09-2017, 08:06 PM   #52
Greyfox

Quote:
Those 25 million are only commies.
Those 25 million are people, with the same basic needs as you or I.
Only 1 has to be taken out and that's Kim Jong Un!
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-09-2017, 08:17 PM   #53
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
Those 25 million are people, with the same basic needs as you or I.
Only 1 has to be taken out and that's Kim Jong Un!
They are ultimately responsible for what their head of state is doing, until that asshole stops his insane campaign they are at risk of incineration. He just can not keep making threats without death becoming part of the equation.
Old 08-09-2017, 08:29 PM   #54
Greyfox

Quote:
They are ultimately responsible for what their head of state is doing, until that asshole stops his insane campaign they are at risk of incineration. He just can not keep making threats without death becoming part of the equation.
It is clear that you have never lived in a despotic dictatorship, where you've been brainwashed from birth to believe everything the leader says is from the lips of God.
No use protesting. That leads to imprisonment, torture, or even death.
From a western perspective, it's easy to say that they are responsible for what the state is doing.
In their shoes, you might not be so brave.
Besides, they might not even know what their state is doing.
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-09-2017, 08:38 PM   #55
woodtoo

I think we can all agree
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-09-2017, 08:40 PM   #56
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
It is clear that you have never lived in a despotic dictatorship, where you've been brainwashed from birth to believe everything the leader says is from the lips of God.
No use protesting. That leads to imprisonment, torture, or even death.
From a western perspective, it's easy to say that they are responsible for what the state is doing.
In their shoes, you might not be so brave.
Besides, they might not even know what their state is doing.
Your points are sincere and well stated, does not change the facts.
Old 08-09-2017, 08:41 PM   #57
elysiantraveller

Quote:

You truly have no idea what you are talking about. Go back to the very first post of this thread. I included a picture. The 25million person populace I'm talking about is in SOUTH KOREA.
Old 08-09-2017, 08:45 PM   #58
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
You truly have no idea what you are talking about. Go back to the very first post of this thread. I included a picture. The 25million person populace I'm talking about is in SOUTH KOREA.
You are the one confused, NK=25 million. This is a genuine crisis, you really don't expect everyone to agree with you? Lets see if this diffuses or escalates first and then you can hump with the resistance.

Last edited by fast4522; 08-09-2017 at 08:47 PM.
Old 08-09-2017, 09:10 PM   #59
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan View Post
Since this is like the 5th time you've mentioned Bill Clinton's NK "failure" (and you're not the only one), maybe you should go over this history lesson of the major role GWB played in what we have now with NK..

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...rea-deal-fail/
We have failed with N Korea since Eisenhower. Both sides.
Now, the little puke has the meant to back up his previously empty threats. There is only one viable solution...time for us to start some obliteratin'. We know where he is, we have the technology. He must be killed, and anyone who supports him as well.

Negotiations with that little shit is useless. KILL him now.
Old 08-09-2017, 09:40 PM   #60
elysiantraveller

Quote:
You are the one confused, NK=25 million. This is a genuine crisis, you really don't expect everyone to agree with you? Lets see if this diffuses or escalates first and then you can hump with the resistance.
Reread my original post... you know the one that started the thread.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: