Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 02-01-2024, 08:18 PM   #121
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candybag View Post
Still possible the tax dollars that would have gone to Medicaid in error could go to purses. And there are legal ways to make the same happen, directly or indirectly.

Not a trick pony or a new tax, just every day budgeting and negotiating.
Didn't you say a few days ago that you had given up on the "Medicaid" portion of this idea of yours?
Old 02-01-2024, 08:41 PM   #122
Candybag

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
Any idea how the posters at HTR found out who you are or what your background is? Do you use your real name there instead of the name "Candybag"?
I use Candybag on HTR. The person who introduced me to HTR, is a HTR member and he worked for the State Medicaid Department. He hooked me up with my partners. One partner was a Medicaid bureau chief, the other is a heavyweight in government IT contracts, to include Medicaid. He was voted executive of the year.

One of my ideas went in front of CMS in three days.

The owner of HTR is aware of my efforts and some of my published articles. He is also aware of where my efforts have taken me, I shared documents.

Some other people also know my real name on HTR, which you may know soon if I am in front of organizations that have meeting minutes.

Several HTR members had lunch with me. Both people that said I should be Commissioner know my real name.

Last edited by Candybag; 02-01-2024 at 08:47 PM.
Candybag is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-01-2024, 09:00 PM   #123
the little guy

Has anyone that's not a dessert know what HTR is and/or ever heard of it?
the little guy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-01-2024, 09:13 PM   #124
Candybag

Quote:
Didn't you say a few days ago that you had given up on the "Medicaid" portion of this idea of yours?
It is legal for the savings to go straight to purses, but that process has bad optics to people who not fully understand the process. I got whiplash from this forum. There is another way to increase purses within this process without the whiplash if I show them the savings.

Politicians use trial balloons when floating ideas. If the public screams, the politician says he never was really going to do it. This forum turned out to be my trial balloon. My recommendation, thanks to this forum saving me from my butt kicking, will be increase purses another way using the savings. My contact person will be handling the political component of this aspect, so it will be his discretion what to suggest.

I forget everyone does not work in my field and may not have a full understanding.

Last edited by Candybag; 02-01-2024 at 09:21 PM.
Old 02-01-2024, 09:44 PM   #125
elhelmete

Quote:
It is legal for the savings to go straight to purses, but that process has bad optics to people who not fully understand the process. I got whiplash from this forum. There is another way to increase purses within this process without the whiplash if I show them the savings.

Politicians use trial balloons when floating ideas. If the public screams, the politician says he never was really going to do it. This forum turned out to be my trial balloon. My recommendation, thanks to this forum saving me from my butt kicking, will be increase purses another way using the savings. My contact person will be handling the political component of this aspect, so it will be his discretion what to suggest.

I forget everyone does not work in my field and may not have a full understanding.
Oh please, such a mysterious attempt (and fail) at a flex.

Plenty of people here know how purse accounts typically get funded.

"Savings" from a completely unrelated hypothetical savings in another budget center cannot simply get funneled to purse accounts. And nobody in their right mind would ever support any change in the law or promulgation of new regulations of the various state agencies controlling racing that would allow them to tap hypothetical savings from a HEALTH CARE expense.

I mean you can try to pull the Wizard of Oz BS about your supreme uniqueness in your field of work but you're among other members here with REAL bona fides who understand how this really works.
elhelmete is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-01-2024, 10:53 PM   #126
Poindexter

Quote:
Originally Posted by castaway01 View Post
So you think he's going to get the government to give excess Medicaid money to racetracks to save them from bankruptcy? You have no reason to doubt that's legit.

For posting something so dumb, your punishment is the next 100 times you want to post about takeout, you have to slam your typing hands in a door instead.
I stated that I have no reason to doubt that the poster Candybag is legit (meaning in he is who he portrays himself to be and not a "troll"). I also stated that it makes no sense to me. End of story. If he is able to make things happen, so be it. If not, no harm done. Why are you so invested in discrediting and insulting someone that you don't know?
Poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-01-2024, 10:57 PM   #127
thaskalos

Quote:

I have a serious question to ask you. If you are the man of knowledge and influence that you present yourself as...why don't you focus your efforts in some more benevolent way so some real good can come out of this privileged "background" of yours. Surely there must be some sick and hungry kids in this country who are more deserving of these "misdirected" funds...why work so hard to fund some gambling game that no one seems to want to play anymore?
Old 02-01-2024, 11:00 PM   #128
Poindexter

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy View Post
Has anyone that's not a dessert know what HTR is and/or ever heard of it?
Not sure if this is a legit question or your attempt at humor, but let google be your friend, and type in htr forum.
Poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-02-2024, 03:56 AM   #129
Candybag

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhelmete View Post
Oh please, such a mysterious attempt (and fail) at a flex.

Plenty of people here know how purse accounts typically get funded.

"Savings" from a completely unrelated hypothetical savings in another budget center cannot simply get funneled to purse accounts. And nobody in their right mind would ever support any change in the law or promulgation of new regulations of the various state agencies
It does not need a change of law. You may know how purses get typically funded, but you have no apparent knowledge of the state budget process.
Old 02-02-2024, 04:05 AM   #130
Candybag

Quote:
I have a serious question to ask you. If you are the man of knowledge and influence that you present yourself as...why don't you focus your efforts in some more benevolent way so some real good can come out of this privileged "background" of yours. Surely there must be some sick and hungry kids in this country who are more deserving of these "misdirected" funds...why work so hard to fund some gambling game that no one seems to want to play anymore?
Real good does come from this process. Where I come from, saving money does not motivate a politician. Neither does state and federal law. If it did, I would not be here.

I have the knowledge. I do not have the influence even though the law is on my side. Racing has a need and a problem. I hope racing has the influence.

Seriously.
Old 02-02-2024, 04:19 AM   #131
Candybag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poindexter View Post
I stated that I have no reason to doubt that the poster Candybag is legit (meaning in he is who he portrays himself to be and not a "troll"). I also stated that it makes no sense to me. End of story. If he is able to make things happen, so be it. If not, no harm done. Why are you so invested in discrediting and insulting someone that you don't know?
Thank you for your decency. I hope something good comes from the efforts.

My contact person told me "Point and he will connect me." He is a very decent man who wants to help racing (his passion). He also has influence. You might know him; a lot of people do. You would definitely like him.

Ironically, someone from HTR said I should approach him for assistance. I already had and glad I did.
Old 02-02-2024, 04:49 AM   #132
Candybag

How about some Medicaid fraud 101?

If a person suspects Medicaid fraud, you call CMS. In turn, it gets referred to that State's Attorney General.

If the fraud is committed by Joe Blow nobody, he goes to prison. If the fraud is committed willingly and knowingly by people in places of authority and of the same political party, save your breath to cool your soup.

Look up Stevens v. Vermont. A former employee was unsuccessful bringing a Qui Tam action against his own employer for filing false claims to the EPA. He should have saved his breath to cool his soup.

If it was Vermont bringing the same action against Stevens for filing false claims to the EPA, Mr. Stevens would be cooling his soup in prison.

Welcome to jurisprudence America style.

If I could walk into a state and save them a ton of money via bringing that state into compliance to law, I would not be here. I need a group with influence, with a problem and a need, to get some politicians to follow the law and save a ton of money.

I will not go to any state unless there is a reason to believe problems can be solved and people helped. My contact asked about an obvious state, and he not only got a "no" he got a He** no."
Old 02-02-2024, 08:07 AM   #133
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geno_Gino View Post
My experience (40-plus years in the racing business) tells me that racing is dead.

Most fans I know are more interested in Acacia's dress or Richie's engaging storytelling from back in the day than some [supposed] know-it-all blabbermouth spouting their "I am the only one that recognizes a golden rail today" nonsense.
My experience, also ~40 years watching racing's evolution from the inside, is that it's not dead yet. But it will not be anything more than a niche sport, game, business, industry...choose your label...and efforts to revitalize or grow racing are really efforts to slow the decline.
rastajenk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-02-2024, 08:29 AM   #134
elhelmete

Quote:
It does not need a change of law. You may know how purses get typically funded, but you have no apparent knowledge of the state budget process.
Oh you'd be so, so wrong. Some of us have had real day jobs.

Since you have time...enlighten us like we're in kindergarten.
How do you believe purses get funded?
Old 02-02-2024, 08:30 AM   #135
elhelmete

Quote:
How about some Medicaid fraud 101?

If a person suspects Medicaid fraud, you call CMS. In turn, it gets referred to that State's Attorney General.

If the fraud is committed by Joe Blow nobody, he goes to prison. If the fraud is committed willingly and knowingly by people in places of authority and of the same political party, save your breath to cool your soup.

Look up Stevens v. Vermont. A former employee was unsuccessful bringing a Qui Tam action against his own employer for filing false claims to the EPA. He should have saved his breath to cool his soup.

If it was Vermont bringing the same action against Stevens for filing false claims to the EPA, Mr. Stevens would be cooling his soup in prison.

Welcome to jurisprudence America style.

If I could walk into a state and save them a ton of money via bringing that state into compliance to law, I would not be here. I need a group with influence, with a problem and a need, to get some politicians to follow the law and save a ton of money.

I will not go to any state unless there is a reason to believe problems can be solved and people helped. My contact asked about an obvious state, and he not only got a "no" he got a He** no."
This is just word salad.