Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 02-01-2024, 11:01 AM   #106
elhelmete

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy View Post
Names please. Without them, this is BS.
He can throw out all the names he wants (he won't) and it'd still be BS.

This is just a long troll.
elhelmete is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-01-2024, 11:02 AM   #107
elhelmete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candybag View Post
However, it will be a matter of public record soon.
No, it won't.
Old 02-01-2024, 11:17 AM   #108
the little guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhelmete View Post
He can throw out all the names he wants (he won't) and it'd still be BS.

This is just a long troll.
He has done OK on the troll meter, and he's more amusing than most trolls here like Nitro.
the little guy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-01-2024, 11:29 AM   #109
Geno_Gino

Quote:
Take the ideas from the 10,000 threads, form a plan of action, and get those great ideas in front of people of importance.

There is my challenge to everyone on this forum.
My experience (40-plus years in the racing business) tells me that racing is dead.

Most fans I know are more interested in Acacia's dress or Richie's engaging storytelling from back in the day than some [supposed] know-it-all blabbermouth spouting their "I am the only one that recognizes a golden rail today" nonsense.
Geno_Gino is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-01-2024, 12:21 PM   #110
Candybag

Quote:
He has done OK on the troll meter, and he's more amusing than most trolls here like Nitro.
The other forum, HTR, greets my ideas a little differently. A couple of posters stated I should be Commissioner of National Horse Racing Consortium. Go look for yourself.

Could the disconnect be HTR people know who I am and my background? In addition, a couple of people, who have experience in my field, posted favorable comments. Another HTR person saw my work pass his desk at the State Medicaid Department and he had to recuse himself from handling my material since he knew me. He is trying to help my current effort.

I really should not be the Commissioner; it was a flattering remark. I have ideas that should be in front of a commissioner type. Not to get a wholesale approval of the ideas, but for support to get in front of the proper authorities for their expert review, comment and appropriate action, if any.

I am glad so many of you find me entertaining.

Last edited by Candybag; 02-01-2024 at 12:28 PM.
Candybag is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-01-2024, 02:36 PM   #111
Poindexter

Quote:
The other forum, HTR, greets my ideas a little differently. A couple of posters stated I should be Commissioner of National Horse Racing Consortium. Go look for yourself.

Could the disconnect be HTR people know who I am and my background? In addition, a couple of people, who have experience in my field, posted favorable comments. Another HTR person saw my work pass his desk at the State Medicaid Department and he had to recuse himself from handling my material since he knew me. He is trying to help my current effort.

I really should not be the Commissioner; it was a flattering remark. I have ideas that should be in front of a commissioner type. Not to get a wholesale approval of the ideas, but for support to get in front of the proper authorities for their expert review, comment and appropriate action, if any.

I would not worry about it. Seriously. You don't need a cheerleading squad. Do your thing and see what becomes of it. Assuming your legit, and I have no reason to doubt you, you are far more versed in how these things work than most of us are. Doesn't make a lot of sense to me, but I am not involved. So good luck with it.
Poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-01-2024, 04:03 PM   #112
AndyC

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
You are missing me by a mile.

As Foghorn Leghorn often said, ""That's a joke, son!"
Old 02-01-2024, 06:42 PM   #113
castaway01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poindexter View Post
I would not worry about it. Seriously. You don't need a cheerleading squad. Do your thing and see what becomes of it. Assuming your legit, and I have no reason to doubt you, you are far more versed in how these things work than most of us are. Doesn't make a lot of sense to me, but I am not involved. So good luck with it.
So you think he's going to get the government to give excess Medicaid money to racetracks to save them from bankruptcy? You have no reason to doubt that's legit.

For posting something so dumb, your punishment is the next 100 times you want to post about takeout, you have to slam your typing hands in a door instead.
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-01-2024, 07:20 PM   #114
Candybag

Quote:
Originally Posted by castaway01 View Post
So you think he's going to get the government to give excess Medicaid money to racetracks to save them from bankruptcy? You have no reason to doubt that's legit.
It will not be Medicaid money. It will be state tax dollars that may have gone to the Medicaid program if state authorities were careless and paid for medical expenses not owed by their state.

Or it could be the same tax dollars spent in error on any other program not owed by their state, such as welfare fraud, if I had a solution in that area.

The Medicaid program is funded by both the state and federal governments. Medicaid reimbursement always has a drawdown from both the state and federal governments. The federal government will not find their matching federal Medicaid dollars at the racetrack, that would be illegal.
Old 02-01-2024, 07:26 PM   #115
elhelmete

Quote:
It will not be Medicaid money. It will be state tax dollars that may have gone to the Medicaid program if state authorities were careless and paid for medical expenses not owed by their state.

Or it could be the same tax dollars spent in error on any other program not owed by their state, such as welfare fraud, if I had a solution in that area.

The Medicaid program is funded by both the state and federal governments. Medicaid reimbursement always has a drawdown from both the state and federal governments. The federal government will not find their matching federal Medicaid dollars at the racetrack, that would be illegal.
It doesn't matter. Any "found" tax money from any source has ZERO chance of being funneled to racing. Less than zero chance. And IMO, rightfully so.

I mean, seriously, de-coupling is what's gonna be the battle going forward.
Old 02-01-2024, 07:45 PM   #116
Candybag

Quote:
It doesn't matter. Any "found" tax money from any source has ZERO chance of being funneled to racing. Less than zero chance. And IMO, rightfully so.
Now that is possible. My process saves the money and none of it goes to the racetracks. I do not think that will be the case. There are states currently sending tax money to racetracks. So, it is possible, it is happening now without any savings.

Another possibility, no cash to the track, but in-kind legislation to grow the sport organically with player friendly wagering opportunities. Or some cash (I have a specific area in mind) and legislation.

We are going to try and find out.

Last edited by Candybag; 02-01-2024 at 07:52 PM.
Old 02-01-2024, 07:49 PM   #117
elhelmete

Quote:
Now that is possible. My process saves the money and none of it goes to the racetracks. I do not think that will be the case.

There are states currently sending tax money to racetracks. So, it is possible, it is happening now without any savings.

We are going to try and find out.
Your opening post here:
Possible new source for purses
I have an idea for funding purses that is not a new tax or a trick pony. The approach is a more efficient use of Medicaid tax dollars currently paid in error.

So clearly this is just a masturbatory situation.
Old 02-01-2024, 08:03 PM   #118
elhelmete

Quote:
or paulbenny...who seemed to have disappeared right before candybag arrived.
Old 02-01-2024, 08:06 PM   #119
Candybag

Quote:
Your opening post here:
Possible new source for purses
I have an idea for funding purses that is not a new tax or a trick pony. The approach is a more efficient use of Medicaid tax dollars currently paid in error.

So clearly this is just a masturbatory situation.
Still possible the tax dollars that would have gone to Medicaid in error could go to purses. And there are legal ways to make the same happen, directly or indirectly.

Not a trick pony or a new tax, just every day budgeting and negotiating. My job will be to save the money. My contact person is more qualified to work with all stakeholders on how and what may be the end result to benefit racing.

Last edited by Candybag; 02-01-2024 at 08:17 PM.
Old 02-01-2024, 08:16 PM   #120
thaskalos

Quote:

Any idea how the posters at HTR found out who you are or what your background is? Do you use your real name there instead of the name "Candybag"?