Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 01-07-2024, 02:42 PM   #46
Candybag

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooseDog View Post
Our biggest problem is not having an advocate in the State Legislature. We used to have Senator Ken Maddy but there is no one in office now that has our back.
MooseDog:

Would the representative of the Golden Gate or Santa Anita districts, or both, entertain a preliminary meeting? If so, who could put me in front of those representatives and with an appropriate member(s) of the racing community?

If I sell the idea to this initial group of representatives and racing community, next stop would be a meeting with the Medicaid authorities.

The representatives do not necessarily have to be a big racing fan. I am sure the representatives may have a dear and near pet project of their own. The deal can be structured accordingly to include all special interest groups. I got something specific in mind to assist with the arrangement.

Sure beats no one gets anything except overly paid Medicaid claims.

Thank you for the feedback!
Candybag is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-23-2024, 10:18 AM   #47
Candybag

I received 10 minutes this morning to pitch my ideas to someone important.

This person has many accomplishments in racing that you would recognize, and he has bigtime connections. He LOVED the idea and proposed an angle that will get people's attention. Next steps are being planned.

Thank you for allowing me to share the idea on this thread.
Old 01-23-2024, 10:59 AM   #48
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

I don't get it. I'll be honest.

It sounds ridiculous on the surface, in that, nobody "in power" in their right mind would think that the racing industry in any way is somehow deserving of "Medicaid Savings"

Any politician proposing such a thing, in my mind, would be laughed out of the room.

But hey, what do I know? Maybe you're not trolling.

Keep us posted.
Old 01-23-2024, 06:16 PM   #49
ScottJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
I don't get it. I'll be honest.

It sounds ridiculous on the surface, in that, nobody "in power" in their right mind would think that the racing industry in any way is somehow deserving of "Medicaid Savings"

Any politician proposing such a thing, in my mind, would be laughed out of the room.

But hey, what do I know? Maybe you're not trolling.

Keep us posted.
After reading the "Candybag Prospectus" here on the message board for several weeks, here is what I can glean from the postings.

First, critical details are constantly left to our imagination under the guise of a proprietary solution.

Second, Candybag pushes a business model that would inject his/her self-funded company between any state and the federal Medicaid program, effectively trying to leverage a first mover privatization of the price negotiation process.

In posting here, Candybag is attempting to execute a "carrot-and-stick" strategy where he gets horse racing to support his/her ideas with the goal of some free money down the road - which will absolutely never materialize.

Think of it this way : if Candybag posted the exact same concept on a message board for QUILTERS and CRAFTERS saying that major investment would help their product costs down the road, would the pitch be any different?

Candybag is not trolling. Instead, Candybag is attempting to bait-and-switch all of the readers.
ScottJ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-24-2024, 04:41 AM   #50
Candybag

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottJ View Post
After reading the "Candybag Prospectus" here on the message board for several weeks, here is what I can glean from the postings.

First, critical details are constantly left to our imagination under the guise of a proprietary solution.

Second, Candybag pushes a business model that would inject his/her self-funded company between any state and the federal Medicaid program, effectively trying to leverage a first mover privatization of the price negotiation process.

In posting here, Candybag is attempting to execute a "carrot-and-stick" strategy where he gets horse racing to support his/her ideas with the goal of some free money down the road - which will absolutely never materialize.

Think of it this way : if Candybag posted the exact same concept on a message board for QUILTERS and CRAFTERS saying that major investment would help their product costs down the road, would the pitch be any different?

Candybag is not trolling. Instead, Candybag is attempting to bait-and-switch all of the readers.
Thank you for your independent analysis. I need nothing from the readers of this forum, the idea is on its way to proper review.

Considering the people in position of authority are intelligent, I expect and welcome their due diligence. I hope nobody was thinking the authorities would blindly hand me the keys to the kingdom.

I thank PaceAdvantage for his post above, it seems to indirectly acknowledge the preceding statement about people in authority and inherent safeguards in a confidential environment.

Let's be clear: I will be presenting my idea to people in authority, not the general public. I do appreciate and respect the feedback received; it help sharpened my idea.

Last edited by Candybag; 01-24-2024 at 04:50 AM.
Old 01-24-2024, 09:37 AM   #51
elhelmete

This is a riot.
elhelmete is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-24-2024, 09:43 AM   #52
MooseDog

State Assembly for the area that GG sits is Buffy Wicks; State Senator is Nancy Skinner. Both are endorsed by various animal rights groups so good luck.

State Senator Bill Dodd who represents the area where the Santa Rosa Fair sits has been somewhat supportive of racing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candybag View Post
MooseDog:
Would the representative of the Golden Gate or Santa Anita districts, or both, entertain a preliminary meeting? If so, who could put me in front of those representatives and with an appropriate member(s) of the racing community?
MooseDog is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-24-2024, 10:13 AM   #53
Candybag

MooseDog:

Thank you for the follow-up information, it may come in very handy.

Of note: I have asked Mr. Paulick to cancel consideration of any possible interview due to NDA considerations under my new arrangements.

Although some may feel such a request is a likely story, Mr. Paulick does cover the venues where I expect to be a speaker in the future. He will recognize my name and the nature of my subject matter. In addition, Mr. Paulick will definitely recognize the person who brings me to the dance, he has numerous articles in the Paulick Report.

Time will tell if this dog hunts.
Old 01-24-2024, 10:17 AM   #54
castaway01

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhelmete View Post
This is a riot.
It feels like a Twilight Zone episode where the big twist at the end is Representative Candybag telling the state legislature, "But you see, the bill you just approved is ACTUALLY sending all of the lost Medicaid money to RACETRACKS!" And then everyone looks around dumbfounded at having mistakenly given the old people's money away.

(and before anyone says this isn't what he's proposing, who cares? it's fantasyland like my post, get a sense of humor)
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-24-2024, 10:27 AM   #55
Geno_Gino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candybag View Post
MooseDog:

Thank you for the follow-up information, it may come in very handy.

Of note: I have asked Mr. Paulick to cancel consideration of any possible interview due to NDA considerations under my new arrangements.

Although some may feel such a request is a likely story, Mr. Paulick does cover the venues where I expect to be a speaker in the future. He will recognize my name and the nature of my subject matter. In addition, Mr. Paulick will definitely recognize the person who brings me to the dance, he has numerous articles in the Paulick Report.

Time will tell if this dog hunts.
Have you considered a progressive marketing campaign?

How about hats that say "Make Racing and Medicaid Great Again" ... or a slogan like "Hope and Change for Medicaid and Racing" ... ?
Geno_Gino is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-24-2024, 10:50 AM   #56
Candybag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geno_Gino View Post
Have you considered a progressive marketing campaign?

How about hats that say "Make Racing and Medicaid Great Again" ... or a slogan like "Hope and Change for Medicaid and Racing" ... ?
That is a great suggestion.

Our current approach will be compliance to law, one that solves problems for many stakeholders in many ways.

I feel if a problem is presented, also bring the solution. BTW: In my career, I have four ideas that became law. Not laws that bring more work and less money, but less work and more money. It is the only way people want to listen.
Old 01-24-2024, 10:51 AM   #57
Dave S

Give a politician a new pot of money and he will find a way to spend it ten times over on stuff that had nothing to do with the original legislation.
Dave S is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-24-2024, 12:16 PM   #58
Candybag

Quote:
Originally Posted by castaway01 View Post
It feels like a Twilight Zone episode where the big twist at the end is Representative Candybag telling the state legislature, "But you see, the bill you just approved is ACTUALLY sending all of the lost Medicaid money to RACETRACKS!" And then everyone looks around dumbfounded at having mistakenly given the old people's money away.

(and before anyone says this isn't what he's proposing, who cares? it's fantasyland like my post, get a sense of humor)
In this week's episode of Mr. Candybag goes to Washington:

Mr. Candybag learns tax dollars are being used to pay medical claims that are not the responsibility of his state. In addition, hundreds of doctors tell Mr. Candybag their reimbursement for services rendered is being paid incorrectly at a reduced amount. Medicaid reimbursement rates are lower than Medicare, the doctor's services should have been submitted to Medicare in the first place.

Taking matters into his own hands, and knowing he has zero legislative support, Mr. Candybag pulls the fire alarm, empties the statehouse and passes corrective legislation 1-0.

The citizens learn that problems have been solved, doctors are now fairly paid, and tax dollars saved from being used toward a Medicaid expense in error are now earmarked for badly needed low-cost housing for senior citizens. A recall process toward Mr. Candybag is successful.

The episode ends with Mr. Candybag at the entrance of the local racetrack, dressed incognito, barking "I got the double right back here today!"

Last edited by Candybag; 01-24-2024 at 12:18 PM.
Old 01-24-2024, 12:25 PM   #59
elhelmete

This is a great "no soap, radio."
elhelmete is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-24-2024, 02:15 PM   #60
horsefan2019

Its more likely the found money will be diverted to non-horse racing programs. So in other words all that work for nothing.
horsefan2019 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply