Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 06-24-2019, 11:32 AM   #31
bobphilo

This is like booking a man for murder because several of his family members have died with zero evidence implicating him.
I'm all for trying to reduce fatalities but framing an innocent man is not the way to go.

Edit: Just read the article on Hollendorfer. This man is not innocent and should be banned. Why was Santa Anita clearer on why he was booted?

Last edited by bobphilo; 06-24-2019 at 11:45 AM.
bobphilo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-24-2019, 11:56 AM   #32
castaway01

It's a shame that all of these arguments over trainers and their crimes always come down to "Well, they didn't ban this other even-sleazier guy, so how can they ban this guy who is only moderately sleazy?"
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-24-2019, 05:36 PM   #33
LemonSoupKid

I don't see any statistical significance or difference in the breakdown rate. The data is the data, facts are facts.

This was a cyclical surface issue due to weather, and that means the track is to blame, if anyone is.
LemonSoupKid is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-24-2019, 05:37 PM   #34
jimmyb

He's the sacrificial lamb with SA thinking the media will just go away now. See, look!!! We solved it.
jimmyb is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-24-2019, 05:40 PM   #35
LemonSoupKid

Yes, being around all the political hacks in CA didn't help this story, either.

The media loves alarmism and crises; this is just another example. They are peon propagandists, if you haven't figured that out by now, it'll be hard to have honest discussions, which is what they prove in fact to us every day.
LemonSoupKid is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-24-2019, 05:51 PM   #36
horsefan2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonSoupKid View Post

The media loves alarmism and crises; this is just another example. They are peon propagandists, if you haven't figured that out by now, it'll be hard to have honest discussions, which is what they prove in fact to us every day.
It doesn't help that all these people who knew little about horses were screaming bloody murder too. Stories like this brings out outsiders who have little or no knowledge about horses and putting in their two cents.Also I think its rather suspicious that these protesters have so much free time...somebody donating money to their cause because they want the land?
horsefan2019 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-24-2019, 08:43 PM   #37
taxicab

Quote:

Nailed it.
As stated by many on this board the last few months.........The Stronach Group/Horsemen/CHRB thought they were safe and protected in their own little world..........thought everything would just go away..........they also thought Social Media couldn't do them any harm........whoops.
taxicab is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-24-2019, 11:20 PM   #38
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxicab View Post
Nailed it.
As stated by many on this board the last few months.........The Stronach Group/Horsemen/CHRB thought they were safe and protected in their own little world..........thought everything would just go away..........they also thought Social Media couldn't do them any harm........whoops.
This is still a nothing story for 99% of people. I work with a bunch of sports nuts and none of them have even heard about it, nor really care, when I asked if they had any thoughts.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-25-2019, 01:05 AM   #39
nijinski

Dr Bramlage’s findings on Songbird’s examination
were very unsettling .
Partly I guess because of my past dislike of JH
Mostly because I believe he was pointing out how close she was to
something catastrophic happening . In other words it sounded
like she was not sound as her career was ending .
Battle Of Midway , not as lucky .
In any case I would think that before telling him
To pack up and go .... they must have legit reasons I would hope .

I don’t want to see someone’s career ruined because I’m not a fan . I
do believe he should get the chance to prove he’s clean and
honest and takes care of his horses these days if that’s the
case . But really guys , something must be going on .

Last edited by nijinski; 06-25-2019 at 01:12 AM.
nijinski is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-25-2019, 01:11 AM   #40
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobphilo View Post
This is like booking a man for murder because several of his family members have died with zero evidence implicating him.
I'm all for trying to reduce fatalities but framing an innocent man is not the way to go.

Edit: Just read the article on Hollendorfer. This man is not innocent and should be banned. Why was Santa Anita clearer on why he was booted?
Which article are you talking about?
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-25-2019, 01:28 AM   #41
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
I don't see any statistical significance or difference in the breakdown rate. The data is the data, facts are facts.

This was a cyclical surface issue due to weather, and that means the track is to blame, if anyone is.
I come here looking for knowledgeable discussion and am surprised to get so much of this.

Let’s repeat: the guy had 4 of the SA deaths, and 2 at GG in the same timeframe. At least 1 at SA was on the training track. So that’s 6 deaths over 3 tracks over 6 months, and you think the track is at fault? Is your logic on summer vacation?

His deaths were all bone breaks. 90+% of all bone breaks have pre-existing microfractures that lead to breaks with trainers who aren’t as cautious as they should be.

He also ruined his best 2 3yo colts, also with severe bone breaks though not dead in Gunmetal Gray and Instagrand. Go look at Gunmetal Gray’s record. Runs him in the Rebel, doesn’t get back to CA until the following Tuesday, yet he works him that Sunday? And surprise! He broke down as a result.

Then there was the Songbird debacle. Owner and trainer get into a public tiff after her last race, with the owner demanding she be sent to Bramlage and trainer insisting the owner’s wrong and she should be on her scheduled flight back to CA. The owner won of course - it’s his horse - but damn if she wasn’t lame off the van and had an injury that she was lucky didn’t kill her on the track.

The Marketwatch put out lists of trainers with the highest DNF rates. Who was at or near the top? Hollendorfer. Go look over the voided claims and you’ll see his name again over and over.

But yeah, it’s the track alright.
Old 06-25-2019, 03:37 AM   #42
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fager Fan View Post
owner demanding she be sent to Bramlage and trainer insisting the owner’s wrong and she should be on her scheduled flight back to CA. The owner won of course - it’s his horse - but damn if she wasn’t lame off the van and had an injury that she was lucky didn’t kill her on the track.
oh, but haven't you heard, it' just media sensationalism, political hacks, propagandist's, PETA, and people who don't know anything about horses (that would include Bramlage I guess.)
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-25-2019, 07:33 AM   #43
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by clicknow View Post
oh, but haven't you heard, it' just media sensationalism, political hacks, propagandist's, PETA, and people who don't know anything about horses (that would include Bramlage I guess.)
I admit I’m frustrated. Everyone says they want racing to clean itself up, then when it takes a step in that direction, it’s wrong to do so. It’s especially frustrating when the issue is horse fatalities.
Old 06-25-2019, 08:58 AM   #44
groupie doll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fager Fan View Post
I admit I’m frustrated. Everyone says they want racing to clean itself up, then when it takes a step in that direction, it’s wrong to do so. It’s especially frustrating when the issue is horse fatalities.
I agree with your frustration. Seems like the same groups of people who clamor for change are now clamoring because change is happening.
groupie doll is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-25-2019, 09:27 AM   #45
burnsy
self medicated

People are not really street smart about these things. Of course they are trying to get the heat off and maybe he is the fall guy. But that’s how these things go . Much of what people are saying may be true.

But here’s the bottom line. The man runs a multi million dollar operation. They can’t really boot him for nothing. If his lawyer or some of his owners lawyers are saying nothing or doing nothing. That speaks volumes on what happened here. And this may not be the last head to roll. Wait and see if his camp fires back then the “story” may come out. If they do nothing, he was caught.

It’s the same with the wage deal in NY. People were saying Chad was not the only one, like that matters. Guess what, Asmussen just got popped too. Saying others do something is NOT a defense! It makes you look more guilty. When stuff like this goes down...... they go after the biggest fish first. And it doesn’t happen overnight like on TV.
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: