Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 06-04-2019, 04:23 PM   #16
bpiets
Veteran

Both that you mention should not be the only ones hosting the contests for the major contests ....tracks also host contests but so does publichandicapper as does 123racing etc...
bpiets is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-04-2019, 04:25 PM   #17
bpiets
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immanuel Kant View Post
Ignore the noise....the poster has not spent one cent on a contest....
He hasn't ???
bpiets is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-05-2019, 12:24 AM   #18
chuckster1968

I have requested

I won a seat way back in Feb. 2018. I started to question them in Feb. of this year asking when the drf Championship was going to be held. They delayed it and then I started to really wonder. So I was put in contact with their vp of gaming. a gentleman by the name of Phil Trowler. I was told by circumstances out of their control that the tournament itself was on hold indefinitely. So I basically said it was a complete lie, because they continued to hold tourneys after the fact. I then contacted the ceo of the drf. He offered me the compensation for the seat. I waited and finally was notified by a Michael Zapin that the tournament site was to be cancelled, hence, the notification. I inquired if I was to be paid for the seat and as you were have been told that the check has gone out. So...I like others are waiting. I believe if there are others who have one seats for the DRF Championship and the Monmouth tourney, the Belmont stakesl etc. that if nothing is done, that we should try to get in touch with all members and consider a gaming lawyer and sue the publication for misrepresentation and fraud. I have spend over the past 16 years on racing forms, online pps. tourneys at least 10gs. I believe if they are defrauding the public then action should be taken place. I am waiting til the end of this week to see if my check will arrive, otherwise, I will make a phone call to their customer service dept. and be emailing the ceo again. It is a shame that they held these tournaments and then did what they did. I love the format and have been using Horsetourneys and Horseplayers for the past 6 years and have never had a problem. Won some money tournaments received my check, qualified for Sam's Town 4 years ago and had everything booked through Boyd gaming. He has a monopoly on it and I still believe it is a great venue for horseplayers.

Too bad, new there was problems when Peter Fortunale quit becuase he knew they were not being upfront with the players. Let me know what you think.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 06-05-2019 at 02:00 AM. Reason: Don't post people's email addresses, especially personal email addresses
chuckster1968 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-05-2019, 01:19 AM   #19
GMB@BP

No refund yet for me. What a black eye for the Daily Racing Form.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-07-2019, 01:27 AM   #20
chuckster1968

I actually believe what they did...actually hosting tournaments for awhile and knowing they were shutting down the site. Sounds more and more like one huge scam. I would like to know if anyone who won a seat for their Santa Anita Challenge or Monmouth challenge etc. actually received their set up. Horsetourneys and Horseplayers.. Mackay is all class, always answered my questions, always received my money, and was contacted immediately 4 years back by Boyd Gaming once I qualified for a tournament at Sam's Town in Vegas. As far as the comment, regarding NTRA, they have plenty of people involved online and through the on-track tournaments. The prize money has grown, the membership has grown. A fifty dollar membership fee is excellent to have a chance to be part of the biggest tournament in the game once a year. So for such a good paper that most handicappers associate with or have used, for the DRF and the powers that be run a site into the ground or use to scam people if this is what it is? I was told the check was being sent to those who qualified for the seat, still waiting. It is true though, no problem taking your money for these tournaments or for your online formulator or at the track for the newsprint.

I hope they send it in terms of integrity, but for their customer service dept. to lie really sickens me if it is a scam.
Old 06-07-2019, 01:29 AM   #21
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Some of the posts in this thread (looking right above me for instance) are so out of touch it's hilarious.

Look, it sucks that you haven't gotten your money yet...but really...the quickness that people jump to all sorts of wild and unfounded conclusions is kind of frightening these days.

It's that whole Internet "I have to be more outrageous, more enraged, more ridiculous than the last guy who posted" syndrome.

That's all I'm going to say.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 06-07-2019 at 01:31 AM.
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-07-2019, 12:28 PM   #22
chuckster1968

Sir whoever you are, how is my statement out of touch. I happen to believe that the owner of Horsetourneys and Horseplayers is a very nice man who has always been nice and upfront to me and I never had any problems. That is the truth in my dealings. So if that is out of touch???????? Secondly, the site was still operating DRF Championship tourneys feeders and offering qualifiers while probably knowing they were not going to hold a final. So ya maybe stupid for people to believe and support and want to play. I think they knew all along... so as far as out of touch... if you say so... As a matter of fact, I think with my asking I helped force the issue. It is called there is a lack of integrity and if that is out of touch as a statement, well EXCUSE ME.
Old 06-07-2019, 01:18 PM   #23
horses4courses

Check's in the mail.....

Check arrived yesterday
horses4courses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-07-2019, 01:26 PM   #24
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Yeah, but you have friends at the PO!
Old 06-07-2019, 10:05 PM   #25
GMB@BP

Got check today. Still should not take a month.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-07-2019, 10:12 PM   #26
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
Got check today. Still should not take a month.
1. Glad you finally got your check.

2. Now let's hope it clears.

3. Just kidding....a little bit...
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-11-2019, 12:46 AM   #27
chuckster1968

Lol

Got mine, too and yes I hope it clears.
Old 07-08-2019, 06:20 PM   #28
turfeyejoe

No refund yet

Glad to hear that a few of you have gotten refunds. It's now two months since I requested a refund and still no check in the mail. Sent an email to customer service department and yet to hear anything.
turfeyejoe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply