Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 05-29-2019, 11:38 AM   #31
Ted Craven

FWIW, after 13 years using PayPal for my business receipts and payments, last month PayPal decided they needed more proof of my business corporate identity. They have very poor written communication skills and very frustrating and dogmatic live customer service and I was down for almost 4 weeks before I managed to please them. ('Don't you guys have the IRS up there in Canada ...?')

It happened with no notice. So, I am inclined to be empathetic and patient if this business says they are having problems with PayPal.

Ted

Last edited by Ted Craven; 05-29-2019 at 11:40 AM.
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-29-2019, 02:10 PM   #32
fastfasterfastest

I'm in no way doubting it's a paypal issue. As others have mentioned, problems with paypal are real thing recently. I know I've had some payment issues (questions from them) recently that have slowed the overall process. Quite frustrating considering for a long time things were seamless.
fastfasterfastest is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-03-2019, 08:50 PM   #33
BCOURTNEY

So everyone got paid and the AI research continues, right?

BCOURTNEY is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-04-2019, 01:53 PM   #34
turfnsport

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCOURTNEY View Post
So everyone got paid and the AI research continues, right?

Just spoke with them...Still some headaches....Paypal is dragging feet without a confirmed timeline of when issues will be resolved, and not everyone has been paid yet. Project will start back up once everyone gets paid and they can confirm everyone will get paid on a timely basis.

Thanks to everyone who has been patient. For the rest, feel free to send popcorn emojis to my email in the future if needed.

Last edited by turfnsport; 06-04-2019 at 02:02 PM.
turfnsport is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-04-2019, 03:15 PM   #35
BCOURTNEY

Does anyone have the physical address for this organization or know what state it is registered in?

Thanks
Old 06-04-2019, 03:20 PM   #36
BCOURTNEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by turfnsport View Post
Just spoke with them...Still some headaches....Paypal is dragging feet without a confirmed timeline of when issues will be resolved, and not everyone has been paid yet. Project will start back up once everyone gets paid and they can confirm everyone will get paid on a timely basis.

Thanks to everyone who has been patient. For the rest, feel free to send popcorn emojis to my email in the future if needed.

It's (was) time to write checks and mail them, takes 1 business day.
Old 06-04-2019, 03:34 PM   #37
turfnsport

Quote:

Give me a ****ing break.. Send your address and username to turfnsport@aol.com and I'll see to it you are paid ASAP.
Old 06-04-2019, 03:37 PM   #38
alydar

I would give these guys a break, we are not talking about a lot of money and they seem to be doing their best. If you are not happy, then I wold suggest that you do not participate if they continue the exercise.
alydar is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-04-2019, 03:39 PM   #39
turfnsport

Quote:
You do know they collected NO personal information other than names and emails for payment via Paypal right? So it might have taken longer. Just send me your info ASAP so they can get you paid so they can be done with you.
Old 06-04-2019, 03:43 PM   #40
turfnsport

Quote:
Originally Posted by alydar View Post
I would give these guys a break, we are not talking about a lot of money and they seem to be doing their best. If you are not happy, then I wold suggest that you do not participate if they continue the exercise.
Exactly, I had a discussion with them today and they are SO frustrated by this. Nobody is owed much, but once we get back going there is a potential to make some nice $$$ for participants. We both agreed it best to hold off until everyone gets paid. Almost everyone has been patient except for a couple of people, who seem intent on doing nothing but complaining. So ridiculous.
Old 06-04-2019, 03:57 PM   #41
bpiets
Veteran

lol....that is why I asked if there was another way to get paid because I wanted to join in.......I had problems many years ago with pay pal so it is no surprise that these problems have arisen...pay pal is not the way to go in general....a bank draft or personal check or even direct deposit would be the way to go...that way one does not lose out....I like using the post office for sending money directly in Canada....I entered contests via pay pal payments and there was some sort of news paper reports of serious problems so I have not used pay pal since....many years ago...but if there is another way to get payments for services I would be happy to join in... thanks...
bpiets is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-04-2019, 04:17 PM   #42
BCOURTNEY

Quote:
You do know they collected NO personal information other than names and emails for payment via Paypal right? So it might have taken longer. Just send me your info ASAP so they can get you paid so they can be done with you.
They failed to follow up yet again in a specified time frame they provided. I'm calling it out because they continue to fail to provide timely updates, not payment mind you, just an update and that costs zero. I understand you are hyperreacting to this communication failure.

So they can get you paid so they can be done with you?

You are obviously a hot head, surprised you are the front man for this, bad luck for KPK. I'm going to do my best to recommend you are removed from this project as well. Thank you.
Old 06-04-2019, 04:21 PM   #43
turfnsport

Quote:
They failed to follow up yet again in a specified time frame they provided. I'm calling it out because they continue to fail to provide timely updates, not payment mind you, just an update and that costs zero. I understand you are hyperreacting to this communication failure.

So they can get you paid so they can be done with you?

You are obviously a hot head, surprised you are the front man for this, bad luck for KPK. I'm going to do my best to recommend you are removed from this project as well. Thank you.
LOL...okay...Yeah you scare me, and your threats on twitter make me laugh...Send me your info and I'll see you get paid. Or not. It's up to you. You come across as such a clown its hilarious. How much do they owe you? $100? $150? If you need the money that bad I'll send it to you myself.

Or just keep whining, it's up to you.
Old 06-04-2019, 04:31 PM   #44
bpiets
Veteran

Thumbs up

Quote:
LOL...okay...Yeah you scare me, and your threats on twitter make me laugh...Send me your info and I'll see you get paid. Or not. It's up to you. You come across as such a clown its hilarious. How much do they owe you? $100? $150? If you need the money that bad I'll send it to you myself.

Or just keep whining, it's up to you.
......say, if you are willing to pay in the direct manner you suggest to the above mentioned how about my joining in and you sending me the pay directly, lol...thanks...( would seem to resolve all these issues ... it would seem...
bpiets is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-04-2019, 04:34 PM   #45
turfnsport

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpiets View Post
......say, if you are willing to pay in the direct manner you suggest to the above mentioned how about my joining in and you sending me the pay directly, lol...thanks...( would seem to resolve all these issues ... it would seem...
That's not going to happen but if they decide to use something other than Paypal I'll let you know.