Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 06-26-2019, 11:45 PM   #1171
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by horses4courses View Post
Is there documented proof of this, or just a theory of yours?
Even the media gave up...now if those were whites getting shot, I bet the media would be all over it.

Or have the shootings magically stopped in Chi-town? I'm betting they haven't, but I haven't looked in a while, because I too have been brainwashed by the media...if it ain't reported, it ain't happening.

You guys ought to look in the mirror every once in a while, instead of coming here and blaming everything on conservatives, Republicans and Trump.
Old 06-26-2019, 11:55 PM   #1172
horses4courses

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Even the media gave up...now if those were whites getting shot, I bet the media would be all over it.

Or have the shootings magically stopped in Chi-town? I'm betting they haven't, but I haven't looked in a while, because I too have been brainwashed by the media...if it ain't reported, it ain't happening.

You guys ought to look in the mirror every once in a while, instead of coming here and blaming everything on conservatives, Republicans and Trump.
No doubt, people die far too often in South Chicago.
Blame it all on Democrats? Don't you dare.

Who owns the bulk of the land and dwellings around there?
You know, the ones that give landlords a bad name.
Sort of like how the Trumps made some of their money in NYC.

Blame Democrats for tightening gun laws in Chicago.
Gun control doesn't work, I hear you say regularly.
Pay no heed to the fact that the gang banger thug who has
murdered plenty gets his weapons at will from nearby Indiana.

This country is a mess.
You don't care, and you offer no solutions.
horses4courses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-27-2019, 12:47 AM   #1173
AltonKelsey
Veteran

horses4courses

how can you have 12,000 posts and a ZERO rep power.

congrats on an amazing achievement
AltonKelsey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-27-2019, 12:47 AM   #1174
AndyC

Quote:
.......Blame Democrats for tightening gun laws in Chicago. Gun control doesn't work, I hear you say regularly.
Pay no heed to the fact that the gang banger thug who has
murdered plenty gets his weapons at will from nearby Indiana...
But guns are illegal in Chicago. Are you suggesting that criminals would purposely disobey the law just to have a gun? I'm shocked. Shutting down Indiana should put a stop to all of that nonsense.
Old 06-27-2019, 10:50 AM   #1175
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyC View Post
But guns are illegal in Chicago. Are you suggesting that criminals would purposely disobey the law just to have a gun? I'm shocked. Shutting down Indiana should put a stop to all of that nonsense.
That is incorrect. To carry a gun in Chicago, there are three requirements: 1) 21 years old +, 2) a FOID card and 3) a concealed-carry permit. The latter two are issued by the state police. The process is more onerous than most cities/ states, I believe. At one point, your statement was essentially correct, but court rulings overturned overly restrictive Chicago/IL laws. However, Chicago still restricts the types/numbers of guns sold within city limits.

The number of murders in Chicago spiked sharply after the Laquan McDonald shooting, as CPD was more apprehensive about aggressively policing. Consistent with last year's improvement, this year the number of murders, while still unacceptably high, is trending back to pre-Laquan McDonald levels (2014).
Saratoga_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-27-2019, 11:07 AM   #1176
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saratoga_Mike View Post
That is incorrect. To carry a gun in Chicago, there are three requirements: 1) 21 years old +, 2) a FOID card and 3) a concealed-carry permit. The latter two are issued by the state police. The process is more onerous than most cities/ states, I believe. At one point, your statement was essentially correct, but court rulings overturned overly restrictive Chicago/IL laws. However, Chicago still restricts the types/numbers of guns sold within city limits.

The number of murders in Chicago spiked sharply after the Laquan McDonald shooting, as CPD was more apprehensive about aggressively policing. Consistent with last year's improvement, this year the number of murders, while still unacceptably high, is trending back to pre-Laquan McDonald levels (2014).
However.

https://robinkelly.house.gov/media-c...cago-come-from

Out-of-State Imports

About six in ten “crime guns” seized by Chicago Police originated from gun shops outside of Illinois, according to a 2017 report issued by the department. Crime guns are defined by law enforcement as those that are “illegally possessed, used, or suspected to be used in furtherance of a crime.”

The Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence ranks Illinois’ gun laws as the eighth toughest in the country. The state requires citizens to have a permit to buy firearms and to report stolen or lost guns. Residents who want to sell their guns privately are also required to solicit a background check from state officials and to submit documentation of the sale.

No such laws exist in neighboring states such as Indiana, making them a target for traffickers seeking to sell weapons on the black market in Chicago
Old 06-27-2019, 11:09 AM   #1177
hcap

The truth — and lies — about Chicago's gun laws
https://www.chicagotribune.com/colum...003-story.html

....With no gun stores in Chicago and no background check loopholes for private sales, one thing is clear. The guns being used to kill people on the streets aren't originating in Chicago. They're coming from someplace else.

When politicians and others repeat that ridiculous statement about Chicago's gun laws, it shows how out of touch they are with the problems urban areas face when it comes to gun violence.

....When it comes to gun laws, big cities are only as strong as the states that border them. And in Chicago's case, that's Indiana. Thanks to Vice President Mike Pence, the former governor, Indiana has some of the weakest gun laws in the nation.
Old 06-27-2019, 11:15 AM   #1178
AndyC

Quote:

I have no reason to doubt the accuracy of your comments. My comments were only meant as a sarcastic response to the notion that more pervasive laws would prevent the acquisition of guns by criminals. Aggressive policing is certainly a key step in any plan.
Old 06-27-2019, 11:16 AM   #1179
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
He has accomplished one thing, though.
Trump has completely redefined the term "presidential"
Who was 'presidential' in your eyes, h4c??

Could it be Bill Clinton, who sold military technology secrets to Communist China, committing treason and is the main reason for our problems there today?

Clinton was also impeached and was disbarred for lying under oath and trying to fix a court case. 'Real' presidential, huh horsey?

Then there is Clinton's deviant and sexual misconduct while president, in the White House with Monica and cigars, being one sad example of Clinton acting 'presidential'.

Speaking of which, B.J. Clinton probably received more penicillin shots as President than the entire roster of working girls at The Mustang Ranch in Nevada.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-27-2019, 11:33 AM   #1180
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltonKelsey View Post
horses4courses

how can you have 12,000 posts and a ZERO rep power.

congrats on an amazing achievement
Less than 0.

He gets Negs in quantity.
Old 06-27-2019, 11:37 AM   #1181
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
I know, I know......conservatives might care more about
this debacle if the kids were blonde and blue eyed.

The truth is, we have more than enough to go around.
Fear mongers guard what they believe is theirs.
Like a growling dog gnawing on a bone.
It is the DEMS who limited the number of beds and it's the DEMS who are refusing to acknowledge a crisis until it became politically necessary.
And it is the dems who are NOT doing their jobs in theHouse to solve this.
Contrary to your warped view this is NOT Trumps's problem to solve. It is Congress's - and a House full f dems is a house of cards.

And take your race card, fella, and stick it on your southern border.
You disgusting little liar.
Old 06-27-2019, 11:37 AM   #1182
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyC View Post
I have no reason to doubt the accuracy of your comments. My comments were only meant as a sarcastic response to the notion that more pervasive laws would prevent the acquisition of guns by criminals. Aggressive policing is certainly a key step in any plan.
I suspected that was the case - appreciate your posts.
Old 06-27-2019, 11:39 AM   #1183
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Is there documented proof of this, or just a theory of yours?
Go count the bodies, Eintstein.
Old 06-27-2019, 11:48 AM   #1184
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
The truth — and lies — about Chicago's gun laws
https://www.chicagotribune.com/colum...003-story.html

....With no gun stores in Chicago and no background check loopholes for private sales, one thing is clear. The guns being used to kill people on the streets aren't originating in Chicago. They're coming from someplace else.
You're correct. According to the CPD, roughly 60% of Chicago's guns are sourced out of state, while the balance are sourced in state (think surrounding suburbs).
Old 06-27-2019, 12:21 PM   #1185
hcap

Quote:
You're correct. According to the CPD, roughly 60% of Chicago's guns are sourced out of state, while the balance are sourced in state (think surrounding suburbs).
Actually NYC has tougher gun laws as described in the Chicago Tribune link. Complex social problems are not to be oversimplified. Usually harder to define than first assumed.