Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 04-27-2016, 07:56 AM   #1
PowerUpPaynter

Post Draw

What time is the post draw on next Wednesday? Is it on TV? I hate the pill pull the old way was so much better.

Imagine Nyquist draws the #1 post. Talk about turning this derby upside down.
PowerUpPaynter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-27-2016, 09:05 AM   #2
Grits

This was asked days ago, and it was posted.

5:30 pm, NBC Sports.
Grits is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-27-2016, 06:25 PM   #3
tanner12oz

The post draw is probably the worst 30 mins of television of the year. You see better broadcasts on public access tv. Opening line on nyquist 5/2?
tanner12oz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-27-2016, 06:31 PM   #4
dballard125

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanner12oz
The post draw is probably the worst 30 mins of television of the year. You see better broadcasts on public access tv. Opening line on nyquist 5/2?
I'll go with 7/2 ML and 3-1 at post time. I think there's enough other horses in this field, to keep Nyquist's odds semi-respectable. I suspect Exaggerator, Brody's Cause, Gun Runner, and Mohaymen will all take serious win money.
dballard125 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-27-2016, 09:56 PM   #5
SecretAgentMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dballard125
I'll go with 7/2 ML and 3-1 at post time. I think there's enough other horses in this field, to keep Nyquist's odds semi-respectable. I suspect Exaggerator, Brody's Cause, Gun Runner, and Mohaymen will all take serious win money.

Gun Runner is sitting at 9th choice at offshore books. I think he will be 12-1 to 15-1 in the ML

Mike Battaglia already said he's gonna make Nyquist 3-1 barring him getting post #1
SecretAgentMan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-27-2016, 10:02 PM   #6
dballard125

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretAgentMan
Gun Runner is sitting at 9th choice at offshore books. I think he will be 12-1 to 15-1 in the ML

Mike Battaglia already said he's gonna make Nyquist 3-1 barring him getting post #1
Interesting. Not sure what the post time odds will be on Gun Runner. He seems to be this years wise guy horse to me. Everyone is picking him (Ed Darosa - Brisnet, the guy from NYRA, Watchmaker likes him a lot, etc). If the betting public feels the same way, he may be 10-1 at post time...or less.
Old 04-27-2016, 10:19 PM   #7
SecretAgentMan

Quote:
Interesting. Not sure what the post time odds will be on Gun Runner. He seems to be this years wise guy horse to me. Everyone is picking him (Ed Darosa - Brisnet, the guy from NYRA, Watchmaker likes him a lot, etc). If the betting public feels the same way, he may be 10-1 at post time...or less.

Lmao, he's not the wise guy horse. My Man Sam look to be the wise guy horse. MMS is a maiden winner & is 12-1 at all offshore books, & Gun Runner won 4 of 5 races & is 14.75-1

Wise guy horses can be tricky to pinpoint. And everywhere I look, people have Nyquist on top.

Last edited by SecretAgentMan; 04-27-2016 at 10:21 PM.
Old 04-27-2016, 10:28 PM   #8
dballard125

Quote:
Lmao, he's not the wise guy horse. My Man Sam look to be the wise guy horse. MMS is a maiden winner & is 12-1 at all offshore books, & Gun Runner won 4 of 5 races & is 14.75-1

Wise guy horses can be tricky to pinpoint. And everywhere I look, people have Nyquist on top.
I'm serious lol. I watched a 2 hour long Derby handicapping special the other night, that the Courier Journal did here in Louisville. Three out of four on the panel, picked Gun Runner. The other picked Nyquist. Watchmaker also likes Gun Runner. As does Jay Privman. Seems like everyone I've seen give their picks, likes this horse. Wise guy pick? Maybe not, but he's got one hell of a backing.
Old 04-27-2016, 10:42 PM   #9
SecretAgentMan

Quote:
I'm serious lol. I watched a 2 hour long Derby handicapping special the other night, that the Courier Journal did here in Louisville. Three out of four on the panel, picked Gun Runner. The other picked Nyquist. Watchmaker also likes Gun Runner. As does Jay Privman. Seems like everyone I've seen give their picks, likes this horse. Wise guy pick? Maybe not, but he's got one hell of a backing.

I actually like reading the guys you mentioned, they're very good at discussing the derby horses. And 3 out of 4 cappers doesn't consist of "everyone", lol!

I remember one of the main guys at drf had pucked Charismatic to win the derby in 1999, it was an article in the front page of the form, I was laughing at the guy for pucking Charismatic, he got the last laugh.

The reason you're seeing several supposed experts pucking GR is because he's working out very well at Churchill......wait until we see his last workout on Monday, more people night jump on him

Everyone was on Chrome 2 years ago, did that scare me off? I usually don't care who's picking the horse I like, because he still has to beat 19 other horses, & I feel comfy he will
Old 04-27-2016, 10:50 PM   #10
dballard125

Quote:
I actually like reading the guys you mentioned, they're very good at discussing the derby horses. And 3 out of 4 cappers doesn't consist of "everyone", lol!

I remember one of the main guys at drf had pucked Charismatic to win the derby in 1999, it was an article in the front page of the form, I was laughing at the guy for pucking Charismatic, he got the last laugh.

The reason you're seeing several supposed experts pucking GR is because he's working out very well at Churchill......wait until we see his last workout on Monday, more people night jump on him

Everyone was on Chrome 2 years ago, did that scare me off? I usually don't care who's picking the horse I like, because he still has to beat 19 other horses, & I feel comfy he will
I meant everyone that I've seen. Not like...everyone...literally lol. I dont think all 150k in attendance will bet him, and every player at home will either

But so far, every handicapper (besides one) that I've seen make a pick, has Gun Runner. So for you, that's obviously a good thing. They see what you see.
Old 04-28-2016, 12:33 AM   #11
Huddy Goodjob

Quote:

Dallas Stewart called Gun Runner the horse to beat. It's his running style that is so attractive in this years derby. Fast or Slow it won't matter the pace. He is definitely a top contender.
Huddy Goodjob is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-28-2016, 09:52 AM   #12
AirNate012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huddy Goodjob
Dallas Stewart called Gun Runner the horse to beat. It's his running style that is so attractive in this years derby. Fast or Slow it won't matter the pace. He is definitely a top contender.
Where did Dallas say that?
AirNate012 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-28-2016, 10:42 AM   #13
SecretAgentMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirNate012
Where did Dallas say that?

On a sports radio talk show last weekend.
Old 04-28-2016, 03:05 PM   #14
AirNate012

Quote:
On a sports radio talk show last weekend.
I'll take note of that. Thanks.
AirNate012 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: