Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 04-28-2016, 05:18 PM   #1
boys at tosconova

first 5 out and why

oscar nominated
lani
majesto
toms ready
trojan nation

i will not say why until somebody actually come in here and thinks any will finish 1/2nd.
boys at tosconova is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-28-2016, 05:22 PM   #2
dballard125

Oscar Nominated
Trojan Nation
Shagaf
Outwork
Lani

I just dont think any of these horses are good enough to win, or hit the board for that matter.
dballard125 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-28-2016, 05:24 PM   #3
SecretAgentMan

Trojan Nation could get a piece, & why I think do? Because he's a maiden still.
SecretAgentMan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-28-2016, 05:45 PM   #4
dballard125

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretAgentMan
Trojan Nation could get a piece, & why I think do? Because he's a maiden still.
That Wood Memorial was atrocious. I just dont see any horse coming from that race, being a factor.
Old 04-28-2016, 05:49 PM   #5
SecretAgentMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dballard125
That Wood Memorial was atrocious. I just dont see any horse coming from that race, being a factor.

Commanding Curve ran 4th in the LA derby & came in 2nd behind Chrome. Always expect the unexpected underneath, except for last year. Doesn't mean he's gonna hit the board, I just like him underneath with the way he closed.
Old 04-28-2016, 05:53 PM   #6
dballard125

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretAgentMan
Commanding Curve ran 4th in the LA derby & came in 2nd behind Chrome. Always expect the unexpected underneath, except for last year. Doesn't mean he's gonna hit the board, I just like him underneath with the way he closed.
I could see some other long shots getting a piece...but not from the Wood. That race was horrendous, in my opinion. I just don't like any of the horses coming out of that one. Some from the other preps have my attention though.
Old 04-28-2016, 07:16 PM   #7
boys at tosconova

Quote:
Originally Posted by dballard125
I could see some other long shots getting a piece...but not from the Wood. That race was horrendous, in my opinion. I just don't like any of the horses coming out of that one. Some from the other preps have my attention though.
the track was like oatmeal. the time of the race doesn't mean much. outlook seemed 3w for most of the race and still won. previously he cut the mile in the TB derby track record and didn't lose by much.
boys at tosconova is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-28-2016, 07:48 PM   #8
f2tornado

Oscar Nominated - toss
Lani - well bred horse with room to improve but much to ask here with a rider not used to the track. Would not be shocked to hit the super. I will use sparingly underneath.
Majesto- If Nyquist is all that then this horse wasn't far behind. Would be more surprised if he hits the super, especially if JC is not on him. I don't plan on using much if at all.
Toms Ready - Dallas Stewart bomber angle alone makes this one worth playing a $2 exacta under your favorite horse. Lots of Mo Tom talk but this one has the better breeding and placed ahead. Cherokee Rose in tail female. I will use in a couple trifecta tickets.
Trojan Nation - If you like Outwork then you almost have to consider this horse who could have beat him with another panel. One of the top BSF figures in the field. Raise A Native on top, Buckpasser-x, Query in tail female. One of the most logical 50-1 exotics bombers I've seen for this event. I will use on tri and a few exacta tickets.

There isn't a whole heck of a lot that separates most of the bottom 17 or so horses in this race so I see no reason to leave out a well bred bomber or two on the tri wheel.
f2tornado is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-28-2016, 07:57 PM   #9
dballard125

Quote:
Originally Posted by f2tornado
Oscar Nominated - toss
Lani - well bred horse with room to improve but much to ask here with a rider not used to the track. Would not be shocked to hit the super. I will use sparingly underneath.
Majesto- If Nyquist is all that then this horse wasn't far behind. Would be more surprised if he hits the super, especially if JC is not on him. I don't plan on using much if at all.
Toms Ready - Dallas Stewart bomber angle alone makes this one worth playing a $2 exacta under your favorite horse. Lots of Mo Tom talk but this one has the better breeding and placed ahead. Cherokee Rose in tail female. I will use in a couple trifecta tickets.
Trojan Nation - If you like Outwork then you almost have to consider this horse who could have beat him with another panel. One of the top BSF figures in the field. Raise A Native on top, Buckpasser-x, Query in tail female. One of the most logical 50-1 exotics bombers I've seen for this event. I will use on tri and a few exacta tickets.

There isn't a whole heck of a lot that separates most of the bottom 17 or so horses in this race so I see no reason to leave out a well bred bomber or two on the tri wheel.
Good post. Now you have me rethinking a couple of these, which is the last thing that I wanted lol.
Old 04-28-2016, 08:51 PM   #10
PoloUK6108

I'm scared of Lani simply because I was all in on Mubtaahij last year and if I toss him he'll ruin my Derby day...
PoloUK6108 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-28-2016, 08:58 PM   #11
SecretAgentMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoloUK6108
I'm scared of Lani simply because I was all in on Mubtaahij last year and if I toss him he'll ruin my Derby day...

I didn't go big on Mubtaahij like I did Chrome, but was still disappointed in.myself for playing Mubtaahij knowing fully well that Baffert had the best horse he's ever had in his barn.

As for playing another UAE horse in the derby, will never happen again, & I will gladly take the loss with my horse if a UAE horse wins the roses. IMO, UAE horses shouldn't be allowed to run in the derby unless they've raced every 3 year old prep race here in the states.

I will play a derby horse that hasn't raved at 2 before a UAE horse again to win. As far as playing Lani underneath, he's my last resort.

Have you seen Lani workout? Terrible, simply terrible!
Old 04-28-2016, 09:09 PM   #12
PoloUK6108

I'm not sure if it's terrible or some strange Japanese tactics
Old 04-28-2016, 09:18 PM   #13
PoloUK6108

SecretAgentMan I'm right there with ya on the Gun Runner wagon, though.

5 tosses...

Suddenbreakingnews
Trojan Nation
Mor Spirit
Whitmore
Majesto
Old 04-28-2016, 09:21 PM   #14
SecretAgentMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoloUK6108
I'm not sure if it's terrible or some strange Japanese tactics

The only thing that .makes me go hmm.....is the fact that the jockey flew in from Japan just to work him out, that's crazy in my mind, but maybe its the way jockeys work the deal they have with the trainer.
Old 04-28-2016, 09:24 PM   #15
Andrick

Lani, Mohaymen, Danzing Candy, Oscar Nominated, and Shagaf for me.
Andrick is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: