Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2019, 10:41 AM   #9976
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
There is no "looking" backwards or forwards.

Biological processes like birth, growth and aging, all start at as a series of events BEFORE their maturation and culmination. I guess if you do not understand evolution, the growth of cells, microbes and animal and vegetable life from one or two cells and increasing in complexity as time progresses, is beyond your intellectual reach?

The past contains the seeds of future growth.

Ever do any gardening?
So, you were never in your mother's future? The doctor never told her that she is going to have a baby (future tense)?
Old 03-04-2019, 12:21 PM   #9977
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar
Where your stupid analogy fails miserably is that it doesn't account for the time lapse between the cue ball leaving the stick and the pool ball dropping into the pocket. This time lapse makes the dropped ball occurring in the Present
It is not an analogy bunky, it is an actual examople. It makes mucho sense . You are not paying attention as usual.

Do me a favor and learn to quote others clearly without screwing up what the say. Learn to use the ['quote'] tag in the beginning of their quote and the ['/quote'] tag at the end. You areas clueless with HTML as the passage of time.

Everything about a series of events taking place sequentially or a pool shot is evidence for which way time unfolds. Before, during and after. Again the pool shot IS NOT AN ANALOGY for time . It is an example oh pompous one
Old 03-04-2019, 01:16 PM   #9978
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
So, you were never in your mother's future? The doctor never told her that she is going to have a baby (future tense)?
Irrelevant. What is important is HOW biological organisms give birth, grow, mature and die.

That is the direction time unfolds. As does all events with a beginning.

Quote:
Genesis 1 King James Version (KJV)

1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
Old 03-04-2019, 02:24 PM   #9979
boxcar

Quote:
Irrelevant. What is important is HOW biological organisms give birth, grow, mature and die.

That is the direction time unfolds. As does all events with a beginning.
First of all, Time isn't physical, therefore, not biological. Secondly, you are confusing events for Time! Events are NOT Time. Events do not = Time. Events occur IN Time.

Time is the universal environment in which we all live, breathe, talk and walk. We are surrounded by Time, just as fish are surrounded by their environment of water. When there is an event in the ocean, the ocean doesn't become the event. When a big fish attacks a smaller fish for its breakfast, the attack is an event in the ocean -- not the ocean itself. Likewise, all events in this world happen IN Time but are not Time itself. Time is only the universal environment of seemingly endless successive moments in which all events occur.

Furthermore, events have their own unique causes, just as Time itself has its unique cause.
Old 03-04-2019, 02:32 PM   #9980
hcap

Quote:
Furthermore, events have their own unique causes, just as Time itself has its unique cause.
???? Sorry, don't speak boxcarian.

Time for me to leave this backwards discussion. I will not coddle you and your obsessions with time anymore. Gave you another chance, came up bonkers again

Time for me to leave
Old 03-05-2019, 01:55 AM   #9981
hcap

Not one shred of evidence to bolster your theories.
I have posted many lines of proof in support of my standard perception of Time on the human scale

Please no more about Time ever, until you have evidence that will stand up to rational scrutiny. No faith based explanations or silly word games

Ever!
Old 03-05-2019, 12:48 PM   #9982
boxcar

Quote:
Not one shred of evidence to bolster your theories.
I have posted many lines of proof in support of my standard perception of Time on the human scale

Please no more about Time ever, until you have evidence that will stand up to rational scrutiny. No faith based explanations or silly word games

Ever!
The evidence is there for all to see, including the evidence of your inability to distinguish between chronological and logical. I have explained it to you but I can't make you understand it.
Old 03-05-2019, 12:55 PM   #9983
hcap

Quote:
The evidence is there for all to see, including the evidence of your inability to distinguish between chronological and logical. I have explained it to you but I can't make you understand it.

Couldn't decide between 8 sleepings or 50.
Settled on 8 to be concise

Last edited by hcap; 03-05-2019 at 12:58 PM.
Old 03-05-2019, 07:27 PM   #9984
boxcar

Quote:

Couldn't decide between 8 sleepings or 50.
Settled on 8 to be concise
In either case any number would still symbolize your perpetual state of mind even when you think you're awake.
Old 03-06-2019, 04:07 AM   #9985
hcap

Quote:
In either case any number would still symbolize your perpetual state of mind even when you think you're awake.

This inmate has taken over the asylum.
Old 03-06-2019, 09:07 AM   #9986
boxcar

Quote:
This inmate has taken over the asylum.
You're the inmate and are so blind to FACTS. In fact, I was wrong earlier when I said that your time arrow of the Past flowing through the Present into the Fuure would result in "double-dipping" into time. It actually would result into TRIPLE-dipping. Here's how: You have USED time from Past passing through the Present to be USED again and then passing into the Future to be used a third time. In your insane time arrow scheme Time never ceases to be used. We're somehow always using it whether it be in Past, Present or Future.

Yet, anyone with two live brain cells that can produce a charge when rubbed together knows that Time can only be used in the Present. All time is consumed only in the Present. This proves beyond any shadow of a doubt that my flow of time is logically sound! For I have unused, new Time flowing from the Future into the Present to be consumed and then immediately into the Used Time Vault of the Past to never be used again.

Enjoy your stay in the loony bin...
Old 03-06-2019, 11:43 AM   #9987
hcap

:slee ping

In other words.......

In other words bunky.......

Old 03-06-2019, 12:05 PM   #9988
hcap

How foolish of me thinking there was not a shred of evidence
for your backwards phlogiston Tine theory.

Last edited by hcap; 03-06-2019 at 12:07 PM.
Old 03-06-2019, 12:07 PM   #9989
boxcar

Quote:
:slee ping

In other words.......

In other words bunky.......

Of course, you're sleeping. You don't dare wake up to face the stark reality of the total untenability of your absurd "arrow of time" theory which you must have found by doing a deep dumpster dive. No wonder your dumb theory has such a rotten stench to it. Even the inmates in a real asylum know that time can only be consumed once and always, always, always in the Present only.

Have a nice snooze.
Old 03-06-2019, 12:11 PM   #9990
hcap

Quote:
Of course, you're sleeping. You don't dare wake up to face the stark reality of the total untenability of your absurd "arrow of time" theory which you must have found by doing a deep dumpster dive. No wonder your dumb theory has such a rotten stench to it. Even the inmates in a real asylum know that time can only be consumed once and always, always, always in the Present only.

Have a nice snooze.
Watch Homer above. I just admitted in cartoon land you are 100% correct

LaLa Land too!
Doh

Last edited by hcap; 03-06-2019 at 12:15 PM.
Closed Thread