Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 42 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 09-14-2009, 12:10 AM   #181
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

It makes you wonder about the mindset and motivations of the person pushing vast sums in these kinds of races. So much so that I have to start thinking that there is something else going on perhaps....
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-14-2009, 12:14 AM   #182
banacek

It's seems to me that it might be the same person (or group?)..140K (US) too much in each pool. If, so bet $280,000 collect $147,000 for the day.
banacek is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-14-2009, 06:10 AM   #183
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by showbet
The people who bet that kind of money on the 11 horse get the Dumb Bet of the Month award. 95% of the show pool, and in an 11-horse field, no less.
the thing that is really unusual here is how much money was bet to show on the horses other than the 11. looks like alot to me to get those high payoffs! i wonder if the guy that blew the $100,000 bet on the 11 actually showed a profit to the race?
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-17-2009, 12:39 PM   #184
stu

Due to recent off topic abuse posts, I would like to propose we change the policy to no warnings or only one warning before being dropped from the twitter service instead of two warnings.

What do y'all think?
Old 09-17-2009, 12:57 PM   #185
cj's dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
It makes you wonder about the mindset and motivations of the person pushing vast sums in these kinds of races. So much so that I have to start thinking that there is something else going on perhaps....
MOney laundering perhaps
Old 09-17-2009, 01:21 PM   #186
Ian Meyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by stu
Due to recent off topic abuse posts, I would like to propose we change the policy to no warnings or only one warning before being dropped from the twitter service instead of two warnings.

What do y'all think?

I'm cool with that. I would guess 99.9% of members would be as well.
Old 09-17-2009, 01:46 PM   #187
JimHunter
Apprentice

Someone threw $2k into the win pool when there was only $500 in it with 1 minute to go at Presque Isle in the first race yesterday on Scooter Davis' horse. Pool ended up with a lot more in the win pool though. I've never seen such a large proportionate about of total handle come in so late (about 45 seconds after I saw the wager they were off). Either way, it was a stupd bet even though it did end up winning and paying $3.40.
JimHunter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-17-2009, 03:56 PM   #188
Jay Trotter
CHEESEY

Monmouth Race 1

#5 Thiefontherun went off at 1/5 and was battling hard late but broke down at the 70 yard marker throwing Castro. Castro has not come back to ride. I'm not sure how horse or rider made out but I can't imagine it was very good.

#HorseJockeyWeightWinPlace Show2
Cashing Up Moya R F 110 19.00 8.40 9.40
Lanave Cartwright A113 19.80 19.20
Steel Drums Davis J A113 11.20

$5,268 out of $6,329 in the Show Pool on #5 Thiefontherun
Jay Trotter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-17-2009, 04:04 PM   #189
JimHunter
Apprentice

I saw the race...if the horse lived it would be a miracle. It looked like the leg snapped. I couldn't see how hard the fall was for the jock.
JimHunter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-22-2009, 08:54 AM   #190
stu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Meyers
I'm cool with that. I would guess 99.9% of members would be as well.
since there was no opposition, spammers will now receive only one warning on the bridgejumper twitter service before being kicked off the list
Old 09-22-2009, 08:48 PM   #191
stu

The first person has been blocked from the service.
Old 09-22-2009, 08:55 PM   #192
lamboguy

just out of curiosity, i wonder if you guys are making or losing money with these bets.
Old 09-22-2009, 09:08 PM   #193
overthehill

as a kibbitzer sharing info seems like strange thing to want to do. When I bet against bridge jumpers I never broadcast my bet and collected a few nice prices over the years. the funniest was probably at belmont when Woody Stephens ran a 3 part entry in one of the filly triple crown races which created a huge minus show pool. it was clear by the the top of the stretch that none of them were gonna be in the money and i was joyfully hooting and hollering at my nice score when the actual race was far from being decided and people around me thought I had gone nuts. I collected two nice show prices but ended up getting dq-ed out of a win bet. FYI my experience has been the 3 yr old fillies are the best candidates for losing bridgejumper bets so perhap RA will throw in a clunker one of these days.
overthehill is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-22-2009, 09:19 PM   #194
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by overthehill
as a kibbitzer sharing info seems like strange thing to want to do. When I bet against bridge jumpers I never broadcast my bet and collected a few nice prices over the years. the funniest was probably at belmont when Woody Stephens ran a 3 part entry in one of the filly triple crown races which created a huge minus show pool. it was clear by the the top of the stretch that none of them were gonna be in the money and i was joyfully hooting and hollering at my nice score when the actual race was far from being decided and people around me thought I had gone nuts. I collected two nice show prices but ended up getting dq-ed out of a win bet. FYI my experience has been the 3 yr old fillies are the best candidates for losing bridgejumper bets so perhap RA will throw in a clunker one of these days.
thru the years i have found that horses that face older horses for the first time offer the highest probabilities of blowing up. RACHEL has already faced and beaten older horses.

however she might be a different horse when she returns to run next year, she got a bad break with the synthetic surface this year in california
Old 09-22-2009, 09:29 PM   #195
Java Gold@TFT

Quote:
Originally Posted by overthehill
The first time I became aware of what a bridgejumper was it was in a race at Belmont. It's In The Air was coming off a win over Davona Dale in the Alabama. She was in a race at Belmont with 5 betting interests including an entry that was the 3-1 second choice. The entry finished 1-2 and the prices across the board were something like $8, $22 and $55. Yep, 3yo filly in a short field coming off beating the eventual 3yo filly Eclipse winner.
Java Gold@TFT is offline   Reply With Quote Reply