Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 04-19-2023, 05:42 PM   #31
lamboguy

Tricky Trump is the greatest. he's the reason for the lawsuit and he's not going for a quarter!
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-19-2023, 05:58 PM   #32
myohmyjustify

Criticism of the GOP leadership was why Lou Dobbs was fired and not because of Dominion or "telling lies".

Lou Dobbs was fired from Fox because for days after the 2020 election steal, every day actually, he called out both Mitch McConnell and Kevin McCarthy for not having President Donald Trump's back.

Dobbs called it as he saw it and the Murdoch's fired him, probably at the suggestion of Fox board member Paul Ryan, a worm and a real liar.
myohmyjustify is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-19-2023, 06:09 PM   #33
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
If you are a business such as Fox you are liable for promoting what guests to your show are promoting when you repeatedly provide a platform for them. If you have a Nazi loving guy on once, you're not going to get sued. But if it becomes a regular theme on your network, you bet you are.

In his deposition, Murdoch conceded that Sean Hannity, Jeanine Pirro, Maria Bartiromo, and former host Lou Dobbs promoted the falsehood about the presidential contest being stolen. “Some of our commentators were endorsing it".

Murdoch testified it was “wrong for Tucker to host Mike Lindell to repeat those allegations against Dominion.

The deposition by Murdoch about a month ago was the "kiss of death" for Fox having any chance against this lawsuit. It wasn't all the right wing excuses that you and others have given for Fox paying out. Murdoch basically conceded in a sworn deposition which is why Fox conceded.

Fox's lawyers knew they had zero chance of winning and it was to Fox's benefit to NOT put the Fox gang on the stand that could potentially hurt the company more. It was actually the wiser alternative for Fox to pay.
If you can't provide proof of this. I will be forced to sue you!
Old 04-19-2023, 06:36 PM   #34
azeri98

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
OK

Taking your link:

1) Powell doesn't work for Fox news.

2) Giuliani doesn't work for Fox news.

3) Powell doesn't work for Fox news.

4) Dobbs tweeting on his personal account. No specific allegation against Dominion either I might add...worded in a way that any competent lawyer could defend easily in a court of law. But the main point is...he wrote this on twitter on his personal account. And he was FIRED, by the way.

5) See #1

6) See #1

7) See #1

8) See #1

9) See #2

10) See #1

11) Pirro talking about what TRUMP'S LAWYERS are alleging (and she used the actual word ALLEGING)...why is this even included in the list?

12) See #1 and Dobbs never states something as FACT...plus he was fired

13) See #1

14) See #1

15) Dobbs never alleges anything himself and is talking with a guest who is making allegations...a guest who isn't an employee of Fox News.

16) See #4. And Dobbs was fired

17) Dobbs never mentions a specific allegation or Dominion at all. Plus he was fired. Just a general vague quote about "evidence" from Powell.

18) See #4...plus saying there is evidence is not the same as saying something is fact

19) See #2

20) Mike Lindell doesn't work for Fox News. Claims he has evidence. Dares Dominion to sue him on air. Why is this even included? Mike Lindell is certainly a public figure. Tucker Carlson isn't allowed to interview him?

So there you have it...how this case ever got as far as it did is insane. It should have been thrown out on day 1 based on the above.

Sue the various individuals who weren't FOX NEWS employees? Yes, definitely...definitely a valid defamation lawsuit there.

Sue FOX NEWS for allowing all of these VERY PUBLIC individuals and/or President of the UNITED FUCKING STATES lawyers to come on their airwaves?

How insane is that? Imagine freedom of the press and freedom of speech PREVENTING a news company from allowing lawyers working for the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED FUCKING STATES to appear on their airwaves?

Imagine.
Well if everything you say is true and they did nothing wrong, then why settle? Even the owner of FOX Rupert Murdoch says he thinks the "news" hosts went too far in claiming that the election was stolen, pair that with all the behind the scenes comments by Ingram, Hannity and TC and you have the shit show that is FOX news. It's also very hard to win a defamation case in the USA because of the 1st amendment and FOX bailed before they even got to court. What does that tell you?
azeri98 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-19-2023, 06:54 PM   #35
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by myohmyjustify View Post
Criticism of the GOP leadership was why Lou Dobbs was fired and not because of Dominion or "telling lies".

Lou Dobbs was fired from Fox because for days after the 2020 election steal, every day actually, he called out both Mitch McConnell and Kevin McCarthy for not having President Donald Trump's back.

Dobbs called it as he saw it and the Murdoch's fired him, probably at the suggestion of Fox board member Paul Ryan, a worm and a real liar.
Carlson criticizes Mitch and Kevin....how come he still has his job?
Old 04-19-2023, 06:56 PM   #36
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeri98 View Post
Well if everything you say is true and they did nothing wrong, then why settle? Even the owner of FOX Rupert Murdoch says he thinks the "news" hosts went too far in claiming that the election was stolen, pair that with all the behind the scenes comments by Ingram, Hannity and TC and you have the shit show that is FOX news. It's also very hard to win a defamation case in the USA because of the 1st amendment and FOX bailed before they even got to court. What does that tell you?
It tells me the trial was being held in NYC before a judge who obviously wasn't very sympathetic to the FOX side.

That's what it tells me.

On the other side of the coin, nobody has answered my question as to why DOMINION settled...they don't like a free 1/2 billion more $$$$???
Old 04-20-2023, 01:00 AM   #37
Light
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
It tells me the trial was being held in NYC before a judge who obviously wasn't very sympathetic to the FOX side.

That's what it tells me.

On the other side of the coin, nobody has answered my question as to why DOMINION settled...they don't like a free 1/2 billion more $$$$???
Sometimes your answers and pure comedy because they are so ridiculous. I'm envisioning your response to mean the Fox lawyers were shaking in their boots and their teeth were shattering because they are in NYC. If they are that wimpy why even have them as lawyers? Your portrayal is absurd. I'm sure they are aware that the law must be followed regardless of venue.

Even I was able to get a judgement thrown out against my wife because I cited state law which a biased judge did not follow. And I eventually won the case. And I am not a lawyer. I'm sure Fox lawyers know much more than me and were not intimidated but knew they were checkmated by a mountain of incriminating evidence from Fox news itself.

To answer your question, Dominion would NOT have gotten $1.6B because most plaintiffs do not get what they ask for and get less. Dominions lawyers know that too. And I believe Dominion's market cap was much less than their settlement so they must be feeling pretty happy about what they got.

But don't feel too sorry for Fox. Fox's revenue for the twelve months ending December 31, 2022 was $14.2B. They can afford it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-20-2023, 02:50 AM   #38
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
I'm sure they are aware that the law must be followed regardless of venue.
Why do you even bother replying when you write nonsense like this?

OJ anyone?

Trump right now anyone?
Old 04-20-2023, 03:25 PM   #39
Light
Veteran

It's nonsense to you.

Do you want me to make it clearer?

Tell lies about me on this web site and see how fast I take you for everything you've got you phucking ignoramus.

I know the law. You don't. Where are all your Trump heroes you phucking idiot? In jail.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-20-2023, 03:46 PM   #40
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
It's nonsense to you.

Tell lies about me on this web site and see how fast I take you for everything you've got you phucking ignoramus.

I know the law. You don't. Where are all your Trump heroes you phucking idiot? In jail.
Tell lies about an anonymous user name?

Good luck.

And I'm the idiot?
Old 04-20-2023, 03:47 PM   #41
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Light, you sound upset that I was right again.

"This case never sees a jury."

You're all upset FOX won't be ruled against by a jury...I get it....

All will be well soon enough...Mr. Light...
Old 04-20-2023, 03:52 PM   #42
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
It's nonsense to you.

Threaten me again and consider yourself banned.
Old 04-20-2023, 03:54 PM   #43
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

In fact...fuck you...you're banned now
Old 04-20-2023, 04:18 PM   #44
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

It's amazing how you motherfuckers think you can sit here and insult me with impunity.
Old 04-20-2023, 04:35 PM   #45
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Last edited by Tom; 04-20-2023 at 04:36 PM.
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote Reply