Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Advance Deposit Wagering (ADW)

Old 03-28-2010, 06:28 AM   #1
Hosshead
It's A Photo-Ying & Yang

Az. Wagering - Any Progress ?

Wondering if there has been any progress for Az. residents who want to use Adw's to wager on other tracks across the country ?
Might have an opportunity to move there, but can't unless they change the law.
Unless I rent a small apt./or room in Blythe Ca. or Nogales Mex. and set up a remote computer.
Hosshead is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-28-2010, 09:44 AM   #2
boomman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hosshead
Wondering if there has been any progress for Az. residents who want to use Adw's to wager on other tracks across the country ?
Might have an opportunity to move there, but can't unless they change the law.
Unless I rent a small apt./or room in Blythe Ca. or Nogales Mex. and set up a remote computer.
A specific plan was presented to the ADOR in a special meeting called by the director (on our behalf and request) on Jan 25 in Phoenix (2 H.A.N.A. members were in attendance) with a follow-up video conference that was held on March 3rd. All aspects of the plan are presently being reviewed jointly by the Director and the AG's office and I promise to provide more info when I can...........

Boomer

Last edited by boomman; 03-28-2010 at 09:46 AM.
boomman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-28-2010, 10:27 AM   #3
startngate

Fortunately the new director once worked for YouBet, so at least there is a 'friendly face' on the inside. Hope it helps the AZ bettors ...
startngate is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-28-2010, 01:16 PM   #4
DeanT

Hoss,

Here is an update from some of the meetings Boomer spoke about (it's from last month)

http://blog.horseplayersassociation....etings-is.html
DeanT is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-29-2010, 04:20 PM   #5
Hosshead
It's A Photo-Ying & Yang

Thanks for the update guys.
Looks like there has been some progress, in discussions anyway. My thanks to everyone who spoke up in favor of the horseplayer.
And on the opposite side -- Turf Paradise can go to hell !

The part concerning the indian gaming seems like a big hurdle unless they get a piece of the pie too. But maybe they want the whole pie?

I wish they could just vote against the law that was passed and overturn it, unstead of trying to work around it and leaving it in place.

Even IF the "agency" idea is allowed, would the Az. resident have the freedom and options of betting all the U.S. tracks as if he was using Twinspires or Youbet? That's what I would need.

The way it is now, if you handicap for a living, ... you CAN NOT MOVE TO ARIZONA !

And even if there are other states like that :
That seems downright unconstitutional.

Last edited by Hosshead; 03-29-2010 at 04:26 PM.
Hosshead is offline   Reply With Quote Reply