Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 01-27-2018, 08:04 PM   #16
GMB@BP

I am just starting to handicap it, i have no issue posting opinions but it wont be until i finalize tomorrow.

I dont handicap gp, gonna assume any trainer with +.25 win percentage is on the take and must use no matter what the form.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-28-2018, 08:49 AM   #17
sammy the sage

Well Lemon Drop Husker...I hope you HAVE that secret 10 million dollar ++ horse that NOBODY else handicapped....really...

Personally...think this will pay between $15 & $30 K...although last big one paid $85K...plenty to go around...

the one horse I wouldn't leave off is the 6 in the 8th...Ward's...has the most upside of any....and might actually go off favored...yet have seen thousands of dollars tix already constructed without this horse...don't let that be you!

All that said...if ya'll cut another horse that wins to get this one in...not taking any responsibility...this is like all internet or OTB touts...most are wrong...

Last edited by sammy the sage; 01-28-2018 at 08:57 AM.
sammy the sage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-28-2018, 10:43 AM   #18
GMB@BP

I couldnt get it down to a reasonable amount of combos, so its a pass for me.

Very tricky sequence. I thought there was maybe one single, in then 10th I think it was the #2 horse who is 2/1. He looks to be the speed and just better than these, but he does have the outside horse to deal with who outran him last time.

The other races, which feature some really bad horses, seem like wide open crap shoots.
Old 01-28-2018, 12:22 PM   #19
AskinHaskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy the sage View Post

the one horse I wouldn't leave off is the 6 in the 8th...Ward's...has the most upside of any....and might actually go off favored...yet have seen thousands of dollars tix already constructed without this horse...don't let that be you!

All that said...if ya'll cut another horse that wins to get this one in...not taking any responsibility...this is like all internet or OTB touts...most are wrong...

That horse is a puzzler...

Ward, obviously a fine trainer, is still 3-for-last-74 when going 2 or more turns on the GP turf.

But this individual has been working in tandem, and keeping up with Delectation, who won a trio of Gr III stakes in Germany and in Scotland, and who raced evenly in U.S. bow behind Zipessa in a stakes at KEE on October 7.

Such a challenge...
AskinHaskin is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-28-2018, 12:27 PM   #20
JohnGalt1

I just put my bets in for today's races.

I bet a horse or horses to win in 5 races. Races 4,11,12 I bet 2 horses to win.

Races 6,7, and 9 anyone can win in my opinion.

The ticket I did NOT play would be all/5/all/2/1,2,4/8,9,15. And I'm not that confident with the 3 horses in the last leg. I would have singled Sandru in the last race if he wasn't scratched.

I've learned through experience not to cut out horses for a cheaper ticket.
JohnGalt1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-28-2018, 01:33 PM   #21
Robert Fischer
clean money

RAINBOW 6 MANDATORY PAYOUT DAY

SELECTIONS AND ANALYSIS (Races 7-12)

Race 7: 1 Mile Turf 36k purse Starter Allowance for older F/M.
A's=4,6,7 , B's=2,5,8,9 , C=3.
As you can see, this race requires a level of coverage. and are obvious contenders. I'm using the as an A after she won her last race against the post-position bias.

Race 8: 7.5F Turf 61kN1x purse for 3yo Fillies.
A's=1,2,6,8 , B's=4,5 , C=3.
This race has two 'true' A's; NOOTKA SOUND a talented Ward filly, and (10/1ml!)DARK ARTIST for Jane Cibelli. Because of the short run to the first turn, and the nature of the ticket, I've upgraded two B's to the A designation. CAMILA PRINCESS is stepping up in class and hopes to get a good trip to have a chance to contend. May be worth leaning against in single-race bets. HONEY GRAEME has some value as a relatively talented 1st-turf filly. ANABELLA QUEEN is worth a mention, although designated as a 'B'. She ran well against the post-position bias last time.

Race 9: 5.5F 21k purse for 3yo mdn clm.
A's=1,4 , B's=7,9 , C's=2,3,5,6.
Hopefully the high morning line scares players away from using ATTORNEY AL(10-1!) as an 'A'. Dreaming of Jo Jo has a good chance of running them off their feet save the 1.

Race 10: 5.5F 19k purse, Claiming 6250 F/M.
A'S=2 , B's=3,8 , C's=4,5.
Aptly named FIRST DISTINCTION is also our first single. Lot of tickets will be riding on this horse. May be a race where contrarians will want to string some coverage to their other A's, hoping for chaos.

Race 11: 6F 36K purse Starter Allowance for 3YO Fillies.
A's=2,4 , B's=6,7 , C's=5
DANCE RHYTHMS looks strong.

Race 12: 6.5F 29k purse Claiming 6250 for 4yo+.
A's=8,9,12,14,15 , C's=1.
This race simply has no true 'A' horse. PADEN is perhaps the closest resemblance and could be a single/lean/prayer for the bare-minimum budget tickets. Fourteen unreliable bottom claimers try to sprint 6.5 furlongs, and we may see the race fall apart.

Good Luck!
Old 01-28-2018, 02:30 PM   #22
GMB@BP

Good luck, that ticket is 2300 +/- for 0.20. Hope it doesnt chalk out and returns for you.

Seems like the 2 in the 10th is a very common single. It would be nice to see if you one could stand with another single and spread that race because if a longer priced horse wins it its going to make the payoff really worth it.
Old 01-28-2018, 02:55 PM   #23
Robert Fischer
clean money

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
Good luck, that ticket is 2300 +/- for 0.20. Hope it doesnt chalk out and returns for you.

Seems like the 2 in the 10th is a very common single. It would be nice to see if you one could stand with another single and spread that race because if a longer priced horse wins it its going to make the payoff really worth it.
$1,205.60 for the whole ticket pictured.
(could 'emphasize' just the A's x3(60cents) for another $100($48 each 20c) (1,301.60).

Just the 'A's are $48.

A's+1b aprox $350.

This is a major carryover day, so the ticket is designed for pros or groups.

I agree that the 10th is interesting. If the 2 loses the 10th, it's going be a big boost to the payouts and is a chance for a player on a budget do something like string other A's while using maybe 5 horses in the 10th, hoping for an upset.

Old 01-28-2018, 03:03 PM   #24
Poindexter

Okay here are my fwiw top contenders. 1 A choice and B choices in each race(post positon order not order of preference).

7th A) 4 B)5-7-9
8th A) 6 B)1-4-8
9th A) 4) B) 6-7-9
10th A) 2 B)3-5-7-8
11th A)7 B)2-3-4
12th) A)8 B)9-12-15

As far as legit singles there really are none. Stongest A choice would be in the 7th, next best the 10th but he is beaten chalk almost every time he run.

Good luck here.
Poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-28-2018, 03:10 PM   #25
sammy the sage

So am going to post my WISH tix before post....as am NOT playing...(no way to play currently...ie...money not the issue...will leave it at that..)...if it comes in...will be majorly

7th...4,5,7
8th...6,8
9th...1,4,5,7,9,
10th..ALL 8 horses
11th..2,4,6,7
12th..4,8,14

$576 cost

B.O.L. all
Old 01-28-2018, 03:16 PM   #26
Robert Fischer
clean money

Good luck everyone!
Old 01-28-2018, 03:47 PM   #27
sammy the sage

Nice call poindexter....now maybe...JUST maybe....Husker can tell us which horse is the $20 million dollar horse..???
Old 01-28-2018, 04:26 PM   #28
Robert Fischer
clean money

Poindexter's ticket is looking very good.

In race 9, the is obvious. I was hoping that the will pull a 'Navarro'. Not getting bet down on the board. I don't know if that's a bad sign, but it's not a positive that I was sort of expecting (5-1, 6-1 range?).
is a bit 'antsy' on the track, I don't know if he's always nervous? Could get interesting.
I know I'm rooting for 4 or 1 here. Need another 'A' leg.
Old 01-28-2018, 05:13 PM   #29
Robert Fischer
clean money

4 down... 2 to Go!

Can easily lose with an 'X' or a 'C'. I'll be happy if I hit, even for a loss(and then kick myself for not 'emphasizing' combos such as everyone's single FIRST DISTINCTION...), however I can afford 1 more 'B', so seeing that I have spread A's in the last race, I'm rooting for a 'B' here in race 11. STARCLOUD may be the best possibility.

Also rooting for Poindexter, jay68802 and anyone else still alive
Old 01-28-2018, 05:21 PM   #30
GMB@BP

So far all the winners are very logical, had I played my 1200 dollar ticket I would be 47/47..but I would think i may be hard pressed to break even unless the longer prices were to hit. I have no feel for these things, maybe a lot money was spent trying to hit the longest tix.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: