Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 03-15-2019, 09:01 PM   #226
dilanesp

Quote:
Lawson has watched the state’s politics shift.
“It’s a different time,” he said. “When you have organizations pushing to abolish horse racing, they don’t realize how many people the industry employs.”

This was a really dumb thing to say to a New York Times reporter and a nice example of how out of touch people in this sport can really be.

You have a serious animal rights issue. It might be overstated. It might even be BS. But it's out there.

Well, guess what, you know what argument is completely ineffective against an animal rights argument? Yep, this one. "Yeah sure, maybe we kill and injure all those animals, but we're a jobs magnet!"

The ONLY way to stop this particular train is to say "here's all the things we are doing to protect the horses". And then whatever those things are, they have to work. That's the situation we are in. If we don't protect the horses, all those jobs are going away. That's reality.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-15-2019, 09:15 PM   #227
Dahossdaboss
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutchemist42 View Post
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/15/s...core-ios-share

LA District Attorney will be launching an investigation.
Joe Drape is such a scumbag
Dahossdaboss is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-15-2019, 09:25 PM   #228
taxicab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Drop Husker View Post
Nothing else happens, I've "heard" they are full go for next weekend.
I can tell you're loyal to Santa Anita Husker,and loyalty is a quality to be admired.
That being said....
Santa Anita appears to have no ability to make correct decisions.
Every single move Santa Anita has made has only added gasoline to this now infamous dumpster fire.
Santa Anita is about zero for a gazillion in their handling of this one.
Look where they're at now:
The LA District Attorney is after them.
Stronach's daughter in all likelihood had to let PETA tell her what she had to do to keep SA open.
She probably also had to cut them a seven figure donation check to boot....
The TTC............aka the needle exchange led by John Sadler and Peter Miller are now playing the it's "inhumane" to run bleeders without lasix card......and the TOC won't be far behind......that's going to cause trouble for sure.
The next time a horse goes bad in the morning or afternoon,it's going to make national headlines........and it will happen............how's Santa Anita going to explain that one ?...........Send out Tim Ritvo to smooth everything over ?.......I mean,Ritvo is about as sincere and believable as Boris Badenof.
And what about the Santa Anita Derby ?..........are they going to allow lasix........the way I read it they can't........then what happens ?
Santa Anita is skating on the thinnest ice ever seen.......and they've shown no indication they're not going to break it.
I'd love to see SA get it right Husker........but their PP's suggest it isn't going to happen.
taxicab is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-15-2019, 10:14 PM   #229
cutchemist42

That the problem, that if horses are breaking down but at a normal rate, it wont matter to the media that has latched on. They needed to fix it sooner before they attracted the media because the media wont go away.

To the media /Peta/general public....1 dead horse is a lot to swallow. The mindset we hire players have are in a big minority. We just needed the media to not notice.
cutchemist42 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-15-2019, 10:38 PM   #230
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxicab View Post
I can tell you're loyal to Santa Anita Husker,and loyalty is a quality to be admired.
That being said....
Santa Anita appears to have no ability to make correct decisions.
Every single move Santa Anita has made has only added gasoline to this now infamous dumpster fire.
Santa Anita is about zero for a gazillion in their handling of this one.
Look where they're at now:
The LA District Attorney is after them.
Stronach's daughter in all likelihood had to let PETA tell her what she had to do to keep SA open.
She probably also had to cut them a seven figure donation check to boot....
The TTC............aka the needle exchange led by John Sadler and Peter Miller are now playing the it's "inhumane" to run bleeders without lasix card......and the TOC won't be far behind......that's going to cause trouble for sure.
The next time a horse goes bad in the morning or afternoon,it's going to make national headlines........and it will happen............how's Santa Anita going to explain that one ?...........Send out Tim Ritvo to smooth everything over ?.......I mean,Ritvo is about as sincere and believable as Boris Badenof.
And what about the Santa Anita Derby ?..........are they going to allow lasix........the way I read it they can't........then what happens ?
Santa Anita is skating on the thinnest ice ever seen.......and they've shown no indication they're not going to break it.
I'd love to see SA get it right Husker........but their PP's suggest it isn't going to happen.

You're right. I'm a huge Santa Anita fan.

I'm also a huge fan of Gulfstream, Keeneland, Belmont, Saratoga, Del Mar, Delta, Fair Grounds, Turfway, Oaklawn, etc.

I'm a huge fan of racing horses. That is truly what they love to do.

I want what is right as much as anybody. When you see these beautiful animals up close and love them; it is purely amazing. Most people don't really know just how strong, big, and powerful these amazing animals are.

The Santa Anita racetrack truly is one of the most amazing sites you'll see and be able to breath in if you've ever been there. I've been to 4 Breeder's Cups there, and they do it better than anybody else.

They'll get it right. I know they will.
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-15-2019, 11:26 PM   #231
taxicab

Quote:
You're right. I'm a huge Santa Anita fan.

I'm also a huge fan of Gulfstream, Keeneland, Belmont, Saratoga, Del Mar, Delta, Fair Grounds, Turfway, Oaklawn, etc.

I'm a huge fan of racing horses. That is truly what they love to do.

I want what is right as much as anybody. When you see these beautiful animals up close and love them; it is purely amazing. Most people don't really know just how strong, big, and powerful these amazing animals are.

The Santa Anita racetrack truly is one of the most amazing sites you'll see and be able to breath in if you've ever been there. I've been to 4 Breeder's Cups there, and they do it better than anybody else.

They'll get it right. I know they will.
Great post LDH.
Horse racing needs more folks like you.
Old 03-16-2019, 12:21 AM   #232
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxicab View Post
Great post LDH.
Horse racing needs more folks like you.

Ha. Thanks.

I have passion. And I do truly love this game.

I should have died 5 years ago. Doc told my parents it was a 0.0% chance I'd make it through the night on 10/13/14. 18 days in ICU, and 2 weeks in physical therapy I could barely walk into my home.

You can never smile or laugh enough.

You can never be more kind to others, and you should tip heavily.

And cotdammit, there is nobody better than you.

I'll never complain. I can't. Every sunrise is the best. You wake up and get another opportunity to be great.
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-16-2019, 12:37 AM   #233
thaskalos

Quote:
Ha. Thanks.

I should have died 5 years ago. Doc told my parents it was a 0.0% chance I'd make it through the night on 10/13/14. 18 days in ICU, and 2 weeks in physical therapy I could barely walk into my home.

I'll never complain. I can't. Every sunrise is the best. You wake up and get another opportunity to be great.

All the best to you going forward.
Old 03-16-2019, 12:57 AM   #234
taxicab

Quote:
Ha. Thanks.

Heart and Soul.
Roll on Husker.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: