Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 12-19-2013, 10:48 AM   #181
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
NYRA, Batavia Bets, and Finger Lakes just started one.
I believe you can also open accounts at the OTBs
Old 12-19-2013, 11:09 AM   #182
SchagFactorToWin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Schwartz
Worse, their rebates are woefully short of what the NY resident has currently available with a full menu.
I currently get 10.49%. Yonkers offers 8%. Saratoga and Batavia offer 1.25-5% (but the 5% is for betting levels higher than I play).

If I lose the 5%, I guess I'll have to go to the Yonkers ADW but I hate to. If there service is anything like their track service, there will be problems.

Maybe I'll get an out of state residence set up.
SchagFactorToWin is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-19-2013, 11:42 AM   #183
ronsmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by proximity
this.

was just giving the whizz a little grief over his statement implying that people getting rebates aren't "real" gamblers.
Since you've made that clear, I'm sure you'll be getting an apology from RG for daring to question your intelligence. For the record, I've met Proximity twice, and he's one of the sharpest people I've ever talked to.
ronsmac is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-19-2013, 03:13 PM   #184
proximity

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronsmac
Since you've made that clear, I'm sure you'll be getting an apology from RG for daring to question your intelligence. For the record, I've met Proximity twice, and he's one of the sharpest people I've ever talked to.
rg is cool. there's so much different stuff in the thread that I can definitely see how what I said could have been taken literally.

btw, you need to talk to more people.
proximity is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-19-2013, 03:37 PM   #185
ronsmac

Quote:
rg is cool. there's so much different stuff in the thread that I can definitely see how what I said could have been taken literally.

btw, you need to talk to more people.
It is true that I don't get out much.
ronsmac is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-19-2013, 03:57 PM   #186
badcompany

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP
I have been saying this for quite a while, this is a dangerous road racing has gone down.
You mean hitching its wagon to an industry that wants to jettison it, and has an obsolete business model, itself?

Yeah, I'd have to agree.

We have some really smart guys, here. Perhaps one can explain why all that Racino infrastructure is necessary.

― Thomas Sowell
badcompany is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-19-2013, 04:58 PM   #187
DeanT

Good, interesting thread. Some passion here.

I think we'll see another 15% handle drop by 2016. As long as slots are turning, and a slightly bigger slice of the handle is withheld, I think that will be enough to stifle any positive change for the customer. Incrementalism and harvesting whatever is left until its gone has pretty much been a staple of the business the last ten years. I doubt that changes.

JMO.
DeanT is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-19-2013, 05:01 PM   #188
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanT
Good, interesting thread. Some passion here.

I think we'll see another 15% handle drop by 2016. As long as slots are turning, and a slightly bigger slice of the handle is withheld, I think that will be enough to stifle any positive change for the customer. Incrementalism and harvesting whatever is left until its gone has pretty much been a staple of the business the last ten years. I doubt that changes.

JMO.
As long as the tracks are running the races for the horsemen and not the bettors, you will see the game continue to go down the tubes.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-19-2013, 07:51 PM   #189
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchagFactorToWin
I currently get 10.49%. Yonkers offers 8%. Saratoga and Batavia offer 1.25-5% (but the 5% is for betting levels higher than I play).

If I lose the 5%, I guess I'll have to go to the Yonkers ADW but I hate to. If there service is anything like their track service, there will be problems.

Where are you getting 10.49%?

I assume that's for exotics not win/place/show.
Old 12-20-2013, 01:53 AM   #190
riskman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchagFactorToWin

Empire City Bets offers 8% only on Yonkers Raceway bets. There are three other rewards schedules 5-3-1% depending on the tracks they carry.
Place and show bets are excluded for all tracks.
Old 12-20-2013, 02:15 AM   #191
riskman

Quote:
hopefully the 5 % is small enough and there are enough ny players (and $) that the shop will take measures to keep you on in some capacity. of course you'll still lose the 5 % which sucks.

good luck to all of you ny players.
Do not know how this will shake out. If they keep me on in "some capacity" that will not do it for me.There are several places I can wager that is NY based but I will not receive the rebates that I did previously for my out of state wagers.

Seriously considering reducing my wagering substantially. Just do not think it is worth it for me to put the effort and time into this at this point. Wagering on the horses will not make me or break me even if I busted my bankroll. Financially, I am ok, with or without the horses. Life goes on.
Old 12-20-2013, 07:16 AM   #192
Pacingguy

Right You Are

To make it even simplier, you ADW which provides you a rebate leaves forcing you to go to a NY ADW. With no competition, why should NYRA offer you a rebate?
Pacingguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-20-2013, 08:59 AM   #193
SchagFactorToWin

Quote:
Originally Posted by riskman
Empire City Bets offers 8% only on Yonkers Raceway bets. There are three other rewards schedules 5-3-1% depending on the tracks they carry.
Place and show bets are excluded for all tracks.
Thanks- I didn't notice that (although most of my wagering is at YR). Looks like I'll be getting an out-of-state address!
Old 12-20-2013, 09:02 AM   #194
SchagFactorToWin

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper
Where are you getting 10.49%?

I assume that's for exotics not win/place/show.
It's for YR exactas. 8.49 for WPS, 15.49 for TRI. If interested, PM me.
Old 12-20-2013, 09:03 AM   #195
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacingguy
To make it even simplier, you ADW which provides you a rebate leaves forcing you to go to a NY ADW. With no competition, why should NYRA offer you a rebate?
That might be a risk if there weren't other betting options in NY, but if they all did the same thing a flood of money would probably move off shore.

There was a time when most people couldn't get legal rebates. So they went off shore. Then the risks started rising off shore, the rebates were lowered offshore, and you could get small rebates legally. The risk/reward ratio shifted and some money came back. Change the risk/reward and it will leave again.