Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 08-26-2018, 08:39 AM   #16
Marshall Bennett

I didn't support his politics, but certainly didn't Ted Kennedy's either. I do believe the families deserve respect in mourning. I recall a few here on the right making lewd comments about Kennedy's death and I posted my opinion of them. The poster above saying "bye-bye" is no different and a complete lack of class.
Marshall Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-26-2018, 09:39 AM   #17
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Bennett View Post
I didn't support his politics, but certainly didn't Ted Kennedy's either. I do believe the families deserve respect in mourning. I recall a few here on the right making lewd comments about Kennedy's death and I posted my opinion of them. The poster above saying "bye-bye" is no different and a complete lack of class.

I am on the fence on that. In my personal life I have been baffled at the fact the death of someone will bring out positive thoughts and comments that can be 100% undeserved. Personally I think the situation calls for the old saying "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all."

As for McCain "Rest in Peace", I do wish he would have kept some of his latter public comments he made to himself. I felt the Trump bashing and the Sarah Palin comments were over the top.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-26-2018, 09:44 AM   #18
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocala Mike View Post
RIP. He had the balls to cross party lines and speak his mind even when it was risky. Would have won in 2008 had he followed his instincts about the VP choice.
I can't agree ,I don't think that any Republican was going to win in 2008 with the double barrels of an imploding economy and the dragged out Iraq war staring them in the face. With McCain'a appeal to independents, any other GOP candidate running would have resulted in an even bigger defeat.

to John McCain.

Fleetwood Mac, Oh Well, Part 1 (1969)
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-26-2018, 09:49 AM   #19
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
I attended two events that he was part of, the first I was to ask him a gun related question he responded with a thoughtful answer. The second time he looked at me and said "another second amendment question"?, those instances were years apart and I will credit him for having a good memory and a good sense of humor. He traveled with a group of politicians at these events and seemed to manage not only the room but the people he was with. At one of the events was previous Governor of New Hampshire (1973 to 1979) Meldrim Thomson Jr who coined "Ax the Tax", who gladly repeated it a few times after being introduced by Senator John McCain. I thoroughly enjoyed hearing John McCain and what he had to say, both occasions he traveled to New Hampshire for someone else and was the most likable politician in the room.

Thank You for your service John McCain, RIP.
Good post, Fast.

Fleetwood Mac, Oh Well, Part 1 (1969)
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-26-2018, 10:15 AM   #20
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Celebrities going after Trump on Twitter because he spoke ill of McCain are hypocrites of the highest order.

When McCain was running for Prez they all went after him as “too old” etc etc.

Kathy Griffin goes after Trump and acts as if McCain was a saint. Yet during the election she accused McCain multiple times of receiving oral sex from Palin, called McCain a fool and referred to the ticket as “crazy and crazier”
Old 08-26-2018, 11:07 AM   #21
chadk66

The one thing that should be learned here is term limits will serve a multitude of purposes. He should have have been done in DC many years ago. He did a lot of damage to this country and it wouldn’t have had to happen. He put a stain on his career that didn’t have to happen. He served well until his later years when he should have been long gone in politics and it’s too bad
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-26-2018, 11:11 AM   #22
FantasticDan
gelding

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
From what I gather, John McCain may have been up to some pretty sinister stuff before brain cancer limited his ability to do much.
FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-26-2018, 11:16 AM   #23
cordoba
Veteran

RIP Sen. John McCain
cordoba is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-26-2018, 12:32 PM   #24
lamboguy

McCane never dodged service to this country, the guy sat in solitary confinement for 5 1/2 years in North Viet Nam while our last 4 presidents gamed the system to stay away from military service.

he spoke up against his own party plenty of times because plenty of times they were dead bang wrong and only wanted to fleece the poor suckers out money they didn't have.

the guy just sevened out less than 24 hours ago and all you guys have nothing good to say.
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-26-2018, 12:55 PM   #25
Marshall Bennett

McCain served his country well for the most part. I lost respect for both him and Romney when they publicly trashed Trump, even after he'd been nominated. In my opinion they were supporting the democrats and Hillary in doing so. Romney's always been garbage imo. John's statements shocked me more.
I'm not so sure of his mental capabilities in his last couple years. He said an awful lot of weird stuff not very indicative of his former self. There have been others that went the same route staying in government way too long. I'd like this to have been the case with John. He was never a hater.
Marshall Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-26-2018, 02:10 PM   #26
Nutz and Boltz
Mad as hell !

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
Died on the anniversary of Ted Kennedy’s death........
...And of the same cancer .

Last edited by Nutz and Boltz; 08-26-2018 at 02:15 PM.
Nutz and Boltz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-26-2018, 02:24 PM   #27
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
Celebrities going after Trump on Twitter because he spoke ill of McCain are hypocrites of the highest order.

When McCain was running for Prez they all went after him as “too old” etc etc.

Kathy Griffin goes after Trump and acts as if McCain was a saint. Yet during the election she accused McCain multiple times of receiving oral sex from Palin, called McCain a fool and referred to the ticket as “crazy and crazier”
Thanks for reminding all of them of what duplicitous scumbags they really are.

I too remember all the comments about how McCain was going to die while in office because he was as old as the hills and riddled with skin cancer.

The MEDIA DEMANDED to see ALL OF HIS MEDICAL RECORDS, which McCain dutifully caved and gave into their demands, laying all of the records on a table for them to examine for something like an hour or two.

But when Hillary couldn't stop coughing her ass off, or almost fell on her face in the streets of Manhattan and had to be thrown into a waiting vehicle like a side of beef, the media just swallowed whatever lame excuse her campaign gave and told us all "nothing to see here...don't worry about a thing."

The world is a sickening place sometimes...some of us have opened our eyes to that. Others only have their eyes open when the (R) is sitting in the white house.
Old 08-26-2018, 02:39 PM   #28
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Anyone who fights for this country and endures what he endured has my lasting respect, period.
Old 08-26-2018, 02:47 PM   #29
FantasticDan
gelding

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Thanks for reminding all of them of what duplicitous scumbags they really are.

I too remember all the comments about how McCain was going to die while in office because he was as old as the hills and riddled with skin cancer.

The MEDIA DEMANDED to see ALL OF HIS MEDICAL RECORDS, which McCain dutifully caved and gave into their demands, laying all of the records on a table for them to examine for something like an hour or two.

But when Hillary couldn't stop coughing her ass off, or almost fell on her face in the streets of Manhattan and had to be thrown into a waiting vehicle like a side of beef, the media just swallowed whatever lame excuse her campaign gave and told us all "nothing to see here...don't worry about a thing."
Huh? Hillary released medical records:

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/...is-hour-report

McCain released 1500 pages of medical records in 1999.. did the MEDIA DEMAND them too, or was that just 2007?

Many candidates and incumbents have released medical records during their campaigns. What a sick world!
FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-26-2018, 02:55 PM   #30
Nutz and Boltz
Mad as hell !

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomOnTour View Post
Anyone who fights for this country and endures what he endured has my lasting respect, period.
Nutz and Boltz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: