Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 12-11-2016, 06:24 PM   #16
098poi

Normally if there are chiclets and it is head bobs down to the wire I will focus on the chiclets. This was so far off though so I was looking at the horses heads but it was pretty clear up front the 1 had won.
098poi is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-12-2016, 09:57 AM   #17
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
I'm still curious how Trakus turns a head, maybe at most a neck, into 0.17 seconds. That is a big error.
I think there are inconsistencies in ground loss also.

When I do my trips 1 path wide for me will be fairly consistent in terms what I am seeing. Yet at some tracks 1 path seems to be equal to about 12 feet on Trakus give or take (I leave a little space between horses) but at other tracks it seems more like about 15 feet. I've even seen occasions where a single distance at a specific track seemed off. I still love the product, but I think it's best used as a tool and not as literal information.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 12-12-2016 at 09:58 AM.
classhandicapper is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-12-2016, 10:49 AM   #18
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper
I think there are inconsistencies in ground loss also.

When I do my trips 1 path wide for me will be fairly consistent in terms what I am seeing. Yet at some tracks 1 path seems to be equal to about 12 feet on Trakus give or take (I leave a little space between horses) but at other tracks it seems more like about 15 feet. I've even seen occasions where a single distance at a specific track seemed off. I still love the product, but I think it's best used as a tool and not as literal information.

I have no doubt there are. If they are turning a head into a length at the finish, how can anyone think ground loss doesn't have errors?

Last edited by cj; 12-12-2016 at 10:55 AM.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-12-2016, 10:53 AM   #19
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD4ME
I promised NYRA a drastic reduction in wagering on the INNER TRACK. So far, promise kept

Not because I want to but because they make it that way.

On top of it all, if I have to get blasted by TLG on here, all the more reason to NOT shop at NYRA.

I'd rather and I do, spend money on places that have good customer service VS. the competition.

He is a poor face for the company. Terrible attitude.
You're about as transparent as a window. A few minutes after this post, you start the Andy ROI thread after you realize he went 0 for 8...funny stuff.

But in that thread, you act all innocent as to your intentions...your time would be way better spent contacting the NY Gaming Commission and submit all the "proof" you have on fixed races.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 12-12-2016 at 10:54 AM.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-12-2016, 11:01 AM   #20
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
You're about as transparent as a window. A few minutes after this post, you start the Andy ROI thread after you realize he went 0 for 8...funny stuff.

But in that thread, you act all innocent as to your intentions...your time would be way better spent contacting the NY Gaming Commission and submit all the "proof" you have on fixed races.
I say it like I mean it. Don't hate me for it.

He's a great capper.

He's not however the greatest of interactors (yes I just made a word up) with the fan base. Those are two different things. I'm able to separate the two.
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-12-2016, 11:06 AM   #21
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Did you play in the XFL?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg hateme.jpg (8.9 KB, 97 views)
Old 12-12-2016, 12:30 PM   #22
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD4ME
I say it like I mean it. Don't hate me for it.

He's a great capper.

He's not however the greatest of interactors (yes I just made a word up) with the fan base. Those are two different things. I'm able to separate the two.
If you would stop the innocent "poor little ol' me, I'm just doing this because I know people love him" BS in that thread, I wouldn't have said a word.

You should go into stand up comedy if the horse racing thing tanks...
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-13-2016, 03:53 AM   #23
zawaaa
vaguely on topic...

looks like the culprit in all this confusion was a tractor.

perfectly normal to be operating such a thing near the finish line, i guess.
zawaaa is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-13-2016, 07:24 AM   #24
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

How?
Old 12-13-2016, 10:03 AM   #25
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by zawaaa
looks like the culprit in all this confusion was a tractor.

perfectly normal to be operating such a thing near the finish line, i guess.
The tractor seems to have tripped the timer early, but that has nothing to do with Trakus turning a head into a length.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-13-2016, 11:39 AM   #26
zawaaa
vaguely on topic...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
The tractor seems to have tripped the timer early, but that has nothing to do with Trakus turning a head into a length.
i didn't think that was especially unusual tho, cj

they are a occupational hazard those little trakus inconsistencies; it could be better.
zawaaa is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-30-2018, 12:43 PM   #27
Valuist

I have a beef with Trakus. For the plus/minus numbers, why is the winning horse used as the benchmark? Wouldn't it make more sense to take whichever horse saved the most ground, and use that as a benchmark? That would eliminate the negative numbers. You can see a horse who's last race was minus 18 and think they saved all the ground, only to see their number was minus only because the winner was real wide. The minus 18 horse was wide too, just not as wide.

Come to think of it. Don't change things, Trakus. Leave them f-ked up. We don't have that many exploitable edges anymore. This could be one.

Last edited by Valuist; 08-30-2018 at 12:44 PM.
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-30-2018, 01:58 PM   #28
HHE10
BANNED

Red face

At Mohawk a few days ago, they had to shut Trakus off since it wasn’t picking up the horse. And they had to have the times posted after the race since the times weren’t coming up
HHE10 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-30-2018, 03:36 PM   #29
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valuist View Post
I have a beef with Trakus. For the plus/minus numbers, why is the winning horse used as the benchmark? Wouldn't it make more sense to take whichever horse saved the most ground, and use that as a benchmark? That would eliminate the negative numbers. You can see a horse who's last race was minus 18 and think they saved all the ground, only to see their number was minus only because the winner was real wide. The minus 18 horse was wide too, just not as wide.

Come to think of it. Don't change things, Trakus. Leave them f-ked up. We don't have that many exploitable edges anymore. This could be one.
I can see someone making the case that they want to know the ground loss relative to the winner, but I think I'd prefer it your way also.

So why not a toggle between the two ways?

What I'd also like to know is ground loss relative to distance.

The horse that ran the shortest distance may have been 3 wide the entire journey but everyone else was 4-5 wide. That makes it look like the horse was on the rail the entire way when he was actually way out on the track.

I feel the same way about it now as I have all along. I think it's a useful tool as part of my trip and bias handicapping because I can see at a glance approximately what happened in a race in terms of ground loss (especially when horses are off camera on a turn). That helps me when I am watching replays. But there are inconsistencies from track to track in the ground loss and failures from time to time even in important races. If you make your own figures, it's probably also a good way to double check for bad clockings. So it's good, but it needs work.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 08-30-2018 at 03:41 PM.
classhandicapper is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-30-2018, 04:12 PM   #30
AltonKelsey
Veteran

Don't they already give you the number of feet covered. Simple subtraction to get the GL

I don't mind seeing relative GL , it tells you more about the performance at a glance imo

This is the least of their crimes.
AltonKelsey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply