Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 01-30-2016, 03:16 PM   #16
kingfin66
Bombardier

Quote:
Originally Posted by barahona44
Trump will pick someone as bland as possible, no one is allowed to upstage the Donald. John Kasich mighr be a good choice, Ohio is important and Kasich has a steady demeanor about him that voters find reassuring.
In my opinion, Kasich has a sour demeanor that is proving to be a liability during this race. A friend of mine knows him from their days at Lehman Brothers and assures me that he is quite prickly and the unpleasantness is real.
kingfin66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-30-2016, 05:10 PM   #17
reckless
Veteran

Scott Walker or Rick Perry will be ideal choices as Trump's veep.

I was surprised that both of them packed in the towel so soon in this race, but both are able to 'help' the ticket, where the others are questionable one way or the other.

Walker appeals to the Midwest voters and their values and will deflect those who think Trump's New York values is a liability.

Perry is a great campaigner and has a strong service and military background, which never hurts in time of War.

Trump with Walker/Perry could sweep the nation!
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-30-2016, 05:20 PM   #18
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Perry has three things going for him:

1. He is a governor with executive experience
2. He is a good campaigner
3. uh, uh, um, uh.....................
Old 01-30-2016, 06:21 PM   #19
Marshall Bennett

The thought of Rick Perry in the white house is creepy. This coming from a die-hard Texan.
Marshall Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-30-2016, 07:38 PM   #20
fast4522

Quote:
Trump will pick someone as bland as possible, no one is allowed to upstage the Donald. John Kasich mighr be a good choice, Ohio is important and Kasich has a steady demeanor about him that voters find reassuring.
He has listened to the voice behind his ear in his head so far and been in the lead. Look for him to avoid everyone who has been in government too long.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-30-2016, 09:29 PM   #21
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522
He has listened to the voice behind his ear in his head so far and been in the lead. Look for him to avoid everyone who has been in government too long.
Trump isn't running for dictator, Presidents have to deal with Congress to get anything accomplished.Personally, I think most members of the Senate and House spend more time on their haircuts than the country's issues but they are part of the equation.

Last edited by barahona44; 01-30-2016 at 09:40 PM.
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-30-2016, 09:45 PM   #22
fast4522

Quote:
Trump isn't running for dictator, Presidents have to deal with Congress to get anything accomplished.Personally, I think most members of the Senate and House spend more time on their hair styles than the country's issues but they are part of the equation.
Profile Donald Trump, forget stupid projections. Then come up with a short list, be advised he surrounds himself with people who are much smarter than John Kasich. I have not given it much thought, but I bet his pick will be younger than Kasich is should he clinch the nomination.

Last edited by fast4522; 01-30-2016 at 09:47 PM.
Old 01-30-2016, 11:22 PM   #23
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Cruz and Rubio....a Canadian and a Cuban going to keep Mexicans out of America.
Old 01-30-2016, 11:51 PM   #24
xtb

A state assemblyman from our area is certain that when Clinton is forced to drop out, there will be a Biden/Cuomo ticket. God help us.
xtb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-31-2016, 07:43 AM   #25
MutuelClerk

Trump was right about Perry. He wears glasses hoping to look intelligent. Perry would be a terrible choice as VP.
MutuelClerk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-31-2016, 08:46 AM   #26
Rookies
Canadian since 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
Perry has three things going for him:

1. He is a governor with executive experience
2. He is a good campaigner
3. uh, uh, um, uh.....................

Yep, being able to get to 2 is the limit of the Texarse Publique skoolin'!
Rookies is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-31-2016, 10:28 AM   #27
fast4522

All of this is premature, the landscape can change overnight. Donald Trump could implode or others could be correct and has been under polling and runs the table. I think Hillary Clinton will be the nominee but it is possible Bernie Sanders could catch on fire. The only thing I am certain about at this point is that on both sides there are no people currently running that will be on anyone's short list.
Old 02-01-2016, 12:31 PM   #28
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

How off the wall is the idea that Clinton tabs Biden to be her VP? Would he want to do this? I take it there would be no constitutional restrictions? I'm too lazy to look that up.

I think if he's game, it would be a no-brainer for her...unless they hate each other...and that doesn't always negate the option since we're talking politics here...strange bedfellows and all...
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-01-2016, 12:41 PM   #29
horses4courses

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
How off the wall is the idea that Clinton tabs Biden to be her VP? Would he want to do this? I take it there would be no constitutional restrictions? I'm too lazy to look that up.

I think if he's game, it would be a no-brainer for her...unless they hate each other...and that doesn't always negate the option since we're talking politics here...strange bedfellows and all...
Who knows?
It would definitely strengthen her ticket.
horses4courses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-01-2016, 01:05 PM   #30
_______
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage

The 22nd amendment doesn't look like a barrier:

Section 1. No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice, and no person who has held the office of President, or acted as President, for more than two years of a term to which some other person was elected President shall be elected to the office of the President more than once. But this article shall not apply to any person holding the office of President when this article was proposed by the Congress, and shall not prevent any person who may be holding the office of President, or acting as President, during the term within which this article becomes operative from holding the office of President or acting as President during the remainder of such term.

Section 2. This article shall be inoperative unless it shall have been ratified as an amendment to the Constitution by the legislatures of three-fourths of the several states within seven years from the date of its submission to the states by the Congress.

Nonetheless, I'd be surprised if the Clinton's weren't interested in anointing a younger potential successor for 2020 or 2024.
_______ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply